• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for Emily and Her Family.......

In summary, Emily has been fighting a battle with brain cancer for the past two years. She has been given only 4-8 weeks to live, but has fought bravely. Her family is raising money for medical expenses and has set up a fundraiser. Emily is set to leave for Walt Disney World on Tuesday to fulfill her Make A Wish.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
I've asked for prayer before for this family....we still need it...much much more.

Here's a little background....CaringBridge / emilydonovan2006 / Journal
CaringBridge / emilydonovan2006 / Welcome
CaringBridge - Free Patient Websites Connect Loved Ones During Serious Health Events.
Emily was diagnosed with a brain tumor called, medulloblastoma, on May 5, 2008 when she was 20 months old. Having surgery the next day the tumor was removed, but it was cancerous. Emily started chemo on June 3rd 2008. On July 28, 2009 an MRI discovered that she had 2 new brain tumors.....

She's fought the good fight......

With family notified its time....Yesterday it was discovered that Emily has 5 new lesions in her brain. She has been given only 4 to 8 weeks to live. More testing tomorrow to check it cancer moved to her spine, which doctors feel it will be there. I want to thank everyone for your prayers and support. She has fought a courageous battle over the last 2 years. But her fight is coming to an end. She will earn her wings soon

I've sat and cried most of the night. My kiddos have asked why God is allowing this to happen and I just don't have the answers. I'm saying, God has a plan, we just don't know what it is. Emily has given so many people courage and strength throughout this entire battle.

I'm awaiting delivery of 20+ boxes from a fundraiser for our little Em. Our little town rallied to support her and her family. Sales were just over $4,200.00 and between what PC gives and I'm donating they will get $1200.00...bigger blessing we've got a local Gas Co. that will match proceeds, so they'll be getting $2400.00, which will come in handy for all those blasted medical costs not covered by ins. and travel costs back and forth to the hospital.

Please lift this family and our community in prayer. Most of us have candles burning in our windows for Em....mine has burned brightly since April when we had a candlelight vigil and will continue to shine!

Prayers ascending

will be praying for the family.

I've been donating to The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation® the past 5-6 years, when a friend of mine started doing the ride for kids. Their site is: Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation

:( My heart goes out to Emily and her friends/family during this time. :(

praying...

Thanks so much for all the prayers, this family is going to need more than I can imagine!!

I can't stop crying! It is so heart-breaking :( . I pray for a miracle in poor little Emily.

I'm sitting here crying again....Update on Emily, per Mom, Janet from earlier this evening....MRI showed cancer has spread throughout Emily's entire spine as well as multiple spots on her brain. Doctors now give her only 4 weeks.....She will be coming home tomorrow to be with family during this time. Please continue to lift family in prayers.

I just can't wrap my mind around this.

So you can have a face to go with the prayers, here's Emily in April of this year at the dance recital.

Thanks again,

Lisa

Attachments

• Emily Dance1.jpg
    Emily Dance1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 361
I'm so happy to say I come from a small town, We are rallying around this family and organizing meals, etc. for them. Continued prayers for family would be much appreciated.

Lisa

Prayers said.

Just found out, due to her being this sick she's being moved "up" on the Make a Wish list and her family will be able to go to Disney, if she's "well" enough. I'm praying that they are able to go and she's able to enjoy it as best as she can.

Hug your children, spouse, friends, and cherish the time!

I'm not a big fan of purple, but I'm PROUDLY wearing anything and everything purple I've got, that's Emily's FAVORITE color. So if you wear purple, think of our little Miss Em!

Thanks for all the prayers!!

Hugs and love to all,

Lisa

I really hope they can take that vacation to disney. It would be a very special trip for her and her family. Something that her family will alwys remember. Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

praying for all involved, still praying for miracle

Per Janet: Emily is home! (And she's in her Princess PJ's and actually ate some Pepperoni and drank her favorite...Mt. Dew!
With the good Lord's help Emily will leave on Tuesday to fufill her Make A Wish at Walt Disney World. Everything is set. We just need the good Lord to let this happen. She is deteriorating....we can see this...just pray she makes it to Disney and back home.... ♥

I'm praying that this family can be a family and enjoy Disney and make some magical family memories.

I'm praying for God's will be done with this family and that he gives us all the strength to get through whatever his will is!!

Thanks for all the prayers!!

Lisa

1. Can you provide more information about Emily and her family?

Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to disclose personal information about our employees or their families. We ask that you respect their privacy during this difficult time.

2. How can I offer my support or help to Emily and her family?

Thank you for your kind offer. At this time, we are not accepting any donations or assistance. The best way to support Emily and her family is to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

3. What happened to Emily and her family?

We understand your concern, but we are unable to share any details about their situation. We ask for your understanding and respect for their privacy during this challenging time.

4. Is there a specific way I should pray for Emily and her family?

There is no specific way to pray for them. We ask that you keep them in your thoughts and send positive energy their way. Any form of support is greatly appreciated.

5. Can I send a card or gift to Emily and her family?

While we appreciate your generosity, we kindly ask that you refrain from sending any cards or gifts at this time. Your well wishes and prayers are more than enough to show your support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies