• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray, Little Girl Age 11, Brain Tumor

V
vwpamperedchef
That about says it all. My mom's co-worker and friend, has a daughter who is 11 who was having frequent headaches, had an MRI and showed the worst! A brain tumor! We are unsure at this point about any additional information, but if you could keep Elizabeth (little girl) in your prayers & her family during this time, it would be especially appreciated.

(I used to babysit for this family over 10 years ago)!

:(

Oh Dearest Jesus, Can't hold the tears back on this one Lord, Please be with EVERY person who touches this child and family's life right now. You have it in your power to heal this child, even before the Doctors touch her. If you choose to show your power through their work, then please bless their every move. Support this family as they go through all that this will take of them. Be their strength. In Jesus precious name, Amen

Will do Vanessa - when it rains, it pours it seems. :(

Couldn't have said it better myself Diane!

Vanessa, I'm so sorry to hear about this precious little girl. She and her family will be in my prayers also.

Thanks all! I knew you'd come through for this family!

Heavenly Father, I pray a hedge of protection around this family and around little Elizabeth. You love children so much, and you do desire that we walk in divine health- I pray healing upon this child in the name of Jesus and praise you that this tumor will shrink, disappear, or comeout with out any further side effects, illness or symptoms. I pray the precious blood of Jesus over this child- that it will wash away this tumor.

I bind any assignment of illness, cancer or disease that Satan has placed on this family and command those spirits to flee in the name of Jesus.

I pray wisdom to wash over the doctors, and the peace that passes all understanding to wash over Elizabeth and her entire family- especially her parents. We praise you for the mighty works you will do and thank you in advance for Elizabeth's complete healing. In Jesus' name, Amen!

Vanessa, please keep us informed as to how things are progressing. I'll continue to pray for everyone involved.

She will be in my prayers. A "sister" consultant of mine had this happen last year with her 11 yo dd. It was right around conference when it was found. They did surgery & removed it. Everything went fine & she's doing very well now.

The dd did have frequent headaches & other symptoms. All is well now.

Keeping Elizabeth & the family in my prayers.

OH wow, I can't imagine that happening to one of my girls. I hope she can overcome it; they can do some amazing things with medicine these days.

Prayers go up for her to be touched and healed completely! Either through God's holy touch, or through God using doctor angels!

My heart goes out to them. Prayers are heading their way. Focus on the positive and surround her with love.

My very 1st PC fundraiser was for a little girl (Katie) who had a brain tumor. I didn't know Katie until the fundraiser, but I still think about her daily.

We (my entire family) will be praying for the best.

I'll be praying.

Thank you all! xoxoxo I will keep you posted.

All I know is she went to a specialty hospital yesterday. No other word yet.

I'll be praying for her and her family. I hope she'll be alright.

UPDATE:

Elizabeth had a part of the tumor removed on Friday to test it, it was located in the middle of the brain, very serious, they should find out today if it was cancer and how they are going to proceed! They also put a drain in to relieve the pressure. Family is very upset!

They are deciding their options at this point, and if they opt to remove more of the tumor the surgery will be Thursday and it is a 12 hour complex surgery. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for your continued prayers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update, Vanessa. Elizabeth and her family are in my prayers!

vwpamperedchef said:
UPDATE:

Elizabeth had a part of the tumor removed on Friday to test it, it was located in the middle of the brain, very serious, they should find out today if it was cancer and how they are going to proceed! They also put a drain in to relieve the pressure. Family is very upset!

They are deciding their options at this point, and if they opt to remove more of the tumor the surgery will be Thursday and it is a 12 hour complex surgery. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you for your continued prayers!!

Thanks for the update, I'll keep praying!

UPDATE (and not a good one).

My mom and I concurred that Elizabeth is probably 12 or even 13. Nonetheless she is still a child.

Yesterday the family received the news no parent ever wants. The tumor is not operatable as it is in the center of her brain. This tumor is slow growing and occurs mostly in children. Sadly, children who do have this sort of tumor, are no longer "here" in five years. They will make her as comfortable as they can.

Please keep this family in your prayers. Elizabeth has two older sisters, one who is a sophomore in HS and the other a freshman in college. This is very hard for everyone involved. My mom is especially upset as she has worked with Elizabeth's dad for over 15 years.

This is a wonderful, giving family, who do not deserve this hand they were dealt.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so emotional today... It is so difficult to know this news has been given to this family. I'm guessing that they will arise to bless others all through this trial. Giving people usually do. I am praying and crying for them... I have a sweet 12 year old myself. It's never explainable why God allows what He allows. He never leaves us in the midst of anything though and I know He is with this family. May His comfort and peace and strength be known to them in amazing and mighty ways! Thanks for keeping us updated. I pray for strength for your mom as she ministers to them and for you as you hold her up as well!

Vanessa, how very, very sad. My heart just aches and breaks for this family. They will all be in my prayers.

vwpamperedchef said:
UPDATE (and not a good one).

My mom and I concurred that Elizabeth is probably 12 or even 13. Nonetheless she is still a child.

Yesterday the family received the news no parent ever wants. The tumor is not operatable as it is in the center of her brain. This tumor is slow growing and occurs mostly in children. Sadly, children who do have this sort of tumor, are no longer "here" in five years. They will make her as comfortable as they can.

Please keep this family in your prayers. Elizabeth has two older sisters, one who is a sophomore in HS and the other a freshman in college. This is very hard for everyone involved. My mom is especially upset as she has worked with Elizabeth's dad for over 15 years.

This is a wonderful, giving family, who do not deserve this hand they were dealt.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and strength.

Oh, that's so very sad! My prayers will go out to this family...they are facing bigger issues than we are- my heart goes out to them, and I will be lifting them up in prayer!!!

Wow - so sad...I can't imaging losing my DD at that age. :(

I hope they get to fully enjoy what time they do have together.

Thank you all for your continued prayers! This family really is asking God "why?" . Only He can answer that.

This family is a strong, loving, caring and giving family. They are so thankful for the generousity of prayer.

I'm glad they are asking why. For years Christians told one another that they shouldn't ask God why. I always disliked that. They NEED to ask Him. They may not be able to discern the answer right now, but the whole process needs to include that. We must pray that in that questioning, they can still see God's hand at work in their lives which will be so evident but the pain will also be so intense. What a heavy load they are being asked to bear.

Another Update On Elizabeth!ANOTHER UPDATE:

Elizabeth seems to be in good spirits. What the family has told her and others is that she has a brain tumor and it is cancerous, but they are seeking treatment, and as with all tumors, they react differently to the treatment, so they will see where it goes.

From what I understand Elizabeth had a 6 hour surgery over the weekend. She is expected to go home today or tomorrow. She will begin Chemo and Radiation in 2 weeks (five days a week for 20 mins) for I think 6 weeks.

Her dad told her when she loses her hair, he will shave his head bald. My mom joked with him that "you dont have much to shave off". Luckily her dad can work from home and her mom is a teacher.

So I thank you for your continued prayers for this family! May God Bless all of you!

Thanks for the update, Vanessa. I will continue to pray for healing in this little girl. Vanessa should pray for God to heal her as well, and then tell Him that she accepts His healing. i've been doing a lot of research on healing the past few months...pretty amazing stuff.

There is a small book out there called I Was Healed From Cancer, by Dodie Olsteen. You might be able to find it on Amazon.com if you think the family might be interested.

1. What type of brain tumor does the little girl have?

At this point, we do not have enough information to determine the type of brain tumor the little girl has. Further testing and analysis will be needed to make a diagnosis.

2. How big is the tumor?

Again, without further information, it is difficult to determine the size of the tumor. The MRI may provide some insight, but additional testing may be needed to accurately measure the tumor.

3. What is the treatment plan for the little girl?

The treatment plan will depend on the type, size, and location of the tumor, as well as the overall health of the little girl. It may include surgery, radiation therapy, and/or chemotherapy. The doctors will work closely with the family to create a personalized treatment plan for the best possible outcome.

4. What is the prognosis for the little girl?

Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the outcome of any brain tumor, as it will depend on various factors such as the type and size of the tumor, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment plan. However, with early detection and proper treatment, the little girl has a better chance of recovery.

5. How can we support the little girl and her family during this time?

The best way to support the little girl and her family is by offering emotional support and being there for them. This could include sending encouraging messages, offering to help with daily tasks, or simply being a listening ear. Additionally, any financial support through fundraisers or donations may also be appreciated during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • c00p
  • General Chat
Replies