• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Prayer Request for This Little Girl

In summary, my Sunday School Class just got this urgent email - this is from my friend Laura and this is her neice. Sara Madelyn Fleming (age 2) had her ears pierced last week and one earlobe is now severly infected. The doctors have determined that is a staph infection and probably MRCR (path report won't be back until tomorrow). She will be going into surgery in about 30 minutes to clean and drain the wound. She will be in the hospital for at least two days on IV antibiotics. Please pray for her parents too. Thanks and much love, Laura
Cindycooks
Silver Member
My Sunday School Class just got this urgent email - this is from my friend Laura and this is her neice. I thought I would share because most of us are parents and I can't imagine the fear and the guilt these parents must be feeling. My daughter was talking just the other day about whether or not to pierce her little girls ears and decided to wait until she is older....I realize this is just one of those freak things, still it is so scary.

From the time of the email, she is undergoing surgery as I type this. Thank y'all so much.

Our neice, Sara Madelyn Fleming (age 2) had her ears pierced last week and one earlobe is now severly infected. The doctors have determined that is a staph infection and probably MRCR (path report won't be back until tomorrow). She will be going into surgery in about 30 minutes to clean and drain the wound. She will be in the hospital for at least two days on IV antibiotics. Please pray for her parents too. Thanks and much love, Laura

That is so sad! Definately prayers coming her way. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Oh, how terrible, prayers to the family.

Prayers for the little girl going your way! That is sad.....

Prayers our coming her way - how horible!

So sad, I'll be praying for her and her family.

I'll be thinking and praying for the whole family.

Cindycooks said:
My Sunday School Class just got this urgent email - this is from my friend Laura and this is her neice. I thought I would share because most of us are parents and I can't imagine the fear and the guilt these parents must be feeling. My daughter was talking just the other day about whether or not to pierce her little girls ears and decided to wait until she is older....I realize this is just one of those freak things, still it is so scary.

From the time of the email, she is undergoing surgery as I type this. Thank y'all so much.

Our neice, Sara Madelyn Fleming (age 2) had her ears pierced last week and one earlobe is now severly infected. The doctors have determined that is a staph infection and probably MRCR (path report won't be back until tomorrow). She will be going into surgery in about 30 minutes to clean and drain the wound. She will be in the hospital for at least two days on IV antibiotics. Please pray for her parents too. Thanks and much love, Laura
I've heard of MRSA, but not MRCR- what is that?

Prayers going out for the parents, doctors and little Sara! Poor thing!

Wow, how terrible for the family!!
I had got my DD's ears peirced when she was like 4 or 5. Her dad's gf changed them after only 3 weeks and put in "nice" earrings. Like the $50 pair she had in were horrid. Anyhow, the one earring developed a scab over the earlobe, over the earring and all. I took her to the doctor and they got the earring out, by pulling it out the BACK of her ear. Thankfully, she is now 11 and you cant tell she ever had them peirced. I threw out the earrings her dad's gf put in her ears I was so mad!! I am very thankful that my dd didn't have to have surgery as a result of this.
How scary for the family!!

Oh no....prayers coming her way

How awful! I will keep all in my prayers!

I just saw this...prayers that everything went well and that she recovers quickly!

More prayers coming. Please keep us posted!

thanks for your prayers - as soon as I hear anything, I will let you know.

I've heard of MRSA, but not MRCR- what is that?
same thing Kacey - I think my friend just misspelled it.

UPDATE - I just talked to Laura. Sara is doing well and resting as best a 2 yr old can. The doctors are pretty sure the infection was contained the earlobe and doesnt appear to be MRSA. They are keeping her overnight and possibly tomorrow night too for observation. She said to thank everyone for their prayers. Praise God!

Great to hear---continuing prayers!

WHEW! glad to hear she is OK.

Oh, I'm so glad! I hate to hear of little munchkins being ill--- keep us updated for sure!

OK. This is an easy one for me. I went through this almost three years ago. I will pray very hard for Sara. I know the pain involved. I will hold her in my heart.

Glad to hear she is doing well. I will keep praying!

1. What is the story behind this urgent prayer request for the little girl?

This little girl is named Lily and she is 8 years old. She was recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Her family and loved ones are asking for prayers for her healing and strength during this difficult time.

2. How can I help or support Lily and her family?

Aside from sending your thoughts and prayers, you can also show your support by donating to Lily's medical expenses or sending cards and well wishes to her family. You can also spread the word and ask others to join in the prayer chain for Lily's recovery.

3. Is there a specific prayer we should say for Lily?

There is no specific prayer that has been requested, but please pray for Lily's complete healing and for strength and comfort for her and her family during this difficult time. Any words of love, encouragement, and hope would also be greatly appreciated.

4. Can we receive updates on Lily's condition and progress?

Yes, you can follow Lily's journey and receive updates on her condition through her family's social media pages or through the organization that is helping her family with donations and support.

5. Are there any other ways we can help beyond prayers and donations?

Aside from prayers and donations, you can also help by spreading awareness about Lily's story and the importance of early detection and treatment for childhood cancer. You can also support other children and families who are going through similar struggles by volunteering or donating to organizations that help pediatric cancer patients and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef