• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Alexis: Support for a Little Girl Battling a Brain Tumor

In summary, Alexis is currently in the PedICU and is doing well. She is talking and thinking, and is expected to be released soon. Her parents are grateful for all the prayers and support they have had.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hi all,

If you could lift my little friend Alexis up in prayer, I would appreciate it.

Alexis is an 11-year old girl who was in my Girl Scout troop two years ago. She's the sweetest, smiliest girl you will ever meet. Her mom was always at every meeting being the second adult there. They are a great family, and amongst the chaos that was my troop, Alexis's calm demeanor and polite appreciation of everything everyone did was a welcome change.

Alexis has been having headaches the past few months, and after exhaustive tests, they found a tumor on her pituitary gland. One of the clues was high sodium levels. Alexis was supposed to have surgery today, but it was postponed because some of her auxiliary tests came back really good, and the neurologist was like, "Well, the tumor has been there for a while, and her tests are good, so it can wait a week or two." (They just found out about the tumor last weekend.) The doctor was going to discuss her case at the "tumor board" on Friday to confer with others her course of treatment.

Alexis was doing great, and thought she was going to get to go home over the weekend while she waited for further word on surgery.

I just got an update on her Care Page that she had a bad seizure from her sodium levels dropping so fast, and she is unconscious and has been moved to the Peds ICU. She is stabilized, but could be asleep for up to 3 days.

If y'all could just say a little prayer for Alexis, I know her family would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Oh,Jean, that is so sad... Would she be from my "neighborhood"? It's always so hard when it's a kid.

I will certainly be praying!

Becky,

I'm not sure what neighborhood you live in, but she's in the Rosewood neighborhood, yes.

Her parents are a little stunned. Last week at this time, they had no idea....

Jean DeVries said:
Becky,

I'm not sure what neighborhood you live in, but she's in the Rosewood neighborhood, yes.

Her parents are a little stunned. Last week at this time, they had no idea....

Very close to me. I live in the same neighborhood as Marcy (scout leader) and MaryBeth...

This past year, we just went through something very similar with a little girl at our church - Alexis's story sounds so much like Grace's story.

Like I said, I will be praying!

Saying a prayer for Alexis - how scary for her and her family - may she get better quickly.

Prayers on the way!!

Prayers definitely on the way!

our cousin had a similar situation a few years ago. They found her tumor because of her headaches. She had a very long and involoved surgery, and takes daily meds now, but is doing quite well. She did have the sodium problem too, it is really scary. I wish her and her family all the best!

Thanks everyone!Hi all,

If anyone ever doubted the power of prayer, here is Alexis's update for this morning:

"Alexis is back.... She awoke slowly around 2:00am and is now resting. She knows her name, is talking about school, knows her birthday, but for some reason can't tell you who the president is....

They have brought her sodium back up to the low to mid 140's and are going to discontinue treating her sodium problem. Her body had adapted to the higher level and couldn't handle the sudden drop. She will be remaining in PedICU for today at least, but hopefully will be returning to her regular room soon. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts."

Jean

Jean, that is wonderful news! So happy for Alexis and her family!

Prayers and Hugs...hoping for the best possible recovery!

So glad to hear the good news!

I pray that God covers her and her family with a blanket of protection and peace. Thanks to Him for answered prayers so far! And more answered prayers to come!

Jean DeVries said:
Hi all,

If anyone ever doubted the power of prayer, here is Alexis's update for this morning:

"Alexis is back.... She awoke slowly around 2:00am and is now resting. She knows her name, is talking about school, knows her birthday, but for some reason can't tell you who the president is....
They have brought her sodium back up to the low to mid 140's and are going to discontinue treating her sodium problem. Her body had adapted to the higher level and couldn't handle the sudden drop. She will be remaining in PedICU for today at least, but hopefully will be returning to her regular room soon. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts."

Jean

We could go down so many roads with the bolded statement;) . I am SOOOO very happy that Alexis is doing well and continues down a good path. She'll continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for updating us!

thats so sad. Praying for her and her family.

dianevill said:
We could go down so many roads with the bolded statement;) . I am SOOOO very happy that Alexis is doing well and continues down a good path. She'll continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for updating us!

I did. Then I thought that it was probably inappropriate to hijack a sick girl's prayer request, so I deleted it :):):)

Now for another little girl....Hi all!

Alexis went home for the weekend, and will be back in the hospital on Wednesday for a biopsy. So far, so good.

Now for another prayer request. Addison is a girl in my Girl Scout troop (seriously, I only have 6 of them, but I think they're all cursed....). After a year-long battle with a recurrence of cancer, her mom passed away last week. Aside from the obviousness of why this will be tough for her, she is 11 years old and the only girl in her family...I can't imagine losing my mom at an age when I needed her the most.

If you could just throw a prayer upward for Addison and her family, it would be appreciated.

Jean

Oh, how sad! I will definitely be praying for her and her family.

WOW... this is the first time i've seen this thread... not only will I pray for boh of these girls and their families but also for YOU. God has placed you in their lives for a reason and He will give you the strength to carry out what He needs you to do for both of them.

quiverfull7 said:
WOW... this is the first time i've seen this thread... not only will I pray for boh of these girls and their families but also for YOU. God has placed you in their lives for a reason and He will give you the strength to carry out what He needs you to do for both of them.
I agree so much Diane! Jean, God has a plan that includes YOU with these wonderful girls! I pray for both of them- physically and mentally....I just can't imagine losing my mom at such a young age, 34 was young enough for me....- and that God will show you clearly what you can do to help them through this time. His hand is on both of these situations, just look for it!

What is "Prayers for a Little Girl"?

"Prayers for a Little Girl" is a collection of heartfelt prayers written specifically for young girls. These prayers cover a variety of topics, including gratitude, self-love, and guidance, and are meant to inspire and comfort little girls in their daily lives.

Who is the author of "Prayers for a Little Girl"?

The author of "Prayers for a Little Girl" is Sarah Young, a bestselling author and devotional writer. She is known for her popular devotional books, including "Jesus Calling" and "Jesus Always." Her writing is inspired by her own personal relationship with God and her desire to share His love and wisdom with others, especially children.

Is "Prayers for a Little Girl" only for Christian families?

No, "Prayers for a Little Girl" is suitable for families of all faiths. While the prayers do mention God and Jesus, the messages and themes are universal and can be appreciated by anyone looking to instill positive values and affirmations in their little girl's life.

Can "Prayers for a Little Girl" be used as a bedtime routine?

Yes, many parents have found "Prayers for a Little Girl" to be a wonderful addition to their child's bedtime routine. The prayers are short and easy to read, making them perfect for a quick and meaningful way to end the day with your little girl.

Are the prayers in "Prayers for a Little Girl" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, the prayers in "Prayers for a Little Girl" are suitable for girls of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. The messages and language are simple and relatable, making them accessible to young children, while still holding depth and meaning for older girls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
  • climbercanoe3