• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing Unexpected Challenges: Life's Sucky Moment

In summary,}}}, my aunt has a brain tumor, my uncle has stage 4 lung cancer, my mom is struggling with all of this, and I'm feeling overwhelmed.
Kitchen2u
I told my DH last night, I've just come to conclusion that this is the part of my life when life is going to be "sucky." All of my Aunts/Uncles/dear family friends are getting older. I know it's part of life and I can deal with that. It's just hard it doesn't ease into our life...just hits us like a ton of bricks.

More bad news...when it rains, it definitely pouring cats and dogs right now...I just found out my Aunt (Mom's oldest sister) has a brain tumor (malignant) and is going to have surgery soon. They did a complete body scan, and found a mass on her lung, whihc luckily is scar tissue from a cyst (she didn't know about), but they're looking at some with her heart. At this point, we are just sitting and waiting to see what's going to happen (surgery) if all all. She's 85 or 86. Other than losing her hearing in one ear and very little in the other, she's been the picture of GREAT health. The way she found out about the brain tumor is she went in for a hearing test to see if they could give her a better earing aid device. The Dr. did an xray to see if there was something going on causing the hearing loss, instead found the brain tumor. So the days ahead, we're just waiting to see...that's the hard part.

I'm not a pessimist, but one can't think of "who next?"

Oh, Gin! I don't know what else to say but wanted to give ((((HUGS)))) and send more prayers your way. Love ya, hun! :)

Ginny...I am so sorry that you and your family has been hit with so much bad news and losses! I pray that God continues to lift you up and encourage you through this time. It will pass, but I know it's not fun going through it.

{{{HUGS}}}

I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my prayers.

"I'm not a pessimist, but one can't think of "who next?"'
That's how I felt all of 2006 and 2007 when my niece was killed in a car accident 6 days after my baby was born. Fortunately, things do eventually get better.
Being patient is the hardest thing for me.

Hugs and prayers going your way, Ginny. Hang in there......

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about this on top of your mass of other troubles. Praying for you and your family and sending a lot of extra love and hugs your way!

You guys are so FAST! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooo much. What's helping me get those these days is PC! I've got yous guys and I've got 4 shows this week, so I've got little time to dwell on it. My life is CRAZY now. So with the 4 shows, going over and helping my Aunt, my Sister-in-law, now my Mom (who's REALLY having a hard time with all this) ~ I have very little down time. I'm actually looking forward to today. No show, so I'll make my rounds during the day and give tonight to ME...of course, I'll be making calls tonight though...but that's okay, it seems like I've been neglecting my host coaching calls, customer care calls, and all the other follow-up calls. I might even get to squeeze in some time with my DH who been feeling neglecting I'm sure...my kids are so busy, I don't even think they realize I'm not doing Mommy stuff! Thank goodness they're older and not youngins!

((((((((GINNY))))))))))
I'm so sorry that you're going through all this!

Sorry to hear that things are all rosey for you right now. I know the feeling. Hang in there it will get better.

Hang in there, life gets better Ginny. I lost my dad 2 years ago, my aunt went in the hospital from his funeral and died later...basically I lost 7 relatives in about 4 months (most were older).Here to say, it does get better, life does go on! Hang in there and hugs and prayers coming your way!

Ginny.... {{{{{ HUG }}}}}

With all you have gone thru in the last few years. I know you did not need "one more thing". I know you will get thru it. Let us know when we can be of help. Take a bit of "you" time to recharge.

My family went through this for a while on my mom's side. She is one (the youngest) of 8 children. Almost all of them have died in the month of November - 5 have died. It got to where we dreaded November rolling around b/c we were scared of what would happen during that month.

I am so sorry for what all you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :angel:

rennea said:
Sorry to hear that things are all rosey for you right now. I know the feeling. Hang in there it will get better.

My aunt's name is Rose...

Thanks everyone...I KNOW we will all get through this. Thanks for all the {{{HUGS}}} and kind thoughts. I hope each of you know ~ it's means sooo much to me an my family.

etteluap70PC said:
Ginny.... {{{{{ HUG }}}}}

With all you have gone thru in the last few years. I know you did not need "one more thing". I know you will get thru it. Let us know when we can be of help. Take a bit of "you" time to recharge.

How are you Paulette ~ sure missing the "chatting" days! Thanks ~

janetupnorth said:
Hang in there, life gets better Ginny. I lost my dad 2 years ago, my aunt went in the hospital from his funeral and died later...basically I lost 7 relatives in about 4 months (most were older).

Here to say, it does get better, life does go on! Hang in there and hugs and prayers coming your way!

I remember that Janet ~ I know it gets better...thanks ~

jrstephens said:
My family went through this for a while on my mom's side. She is one (the youngest) of 8 children. Almost all of them have died in the month of November - 5 have died. It got to where we dreaded November rolling around b/c we were scared of what would happen during that month.

I am so sorry for what all you are going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. :angel:

Man, I guess you guys want to skip the month of November...sorry to hear that. So when nothing happens, I guess Thanksgiving has an extra meaning. Thanks for yours prayers ~

Ginny--It seems like you have been through so much lately. But just remember the Lord will not put more on you than you can handle. Hang in there, and know that we are here to help you through the upcoming days! :) :)

I'm so sorry to hear this, Ginny! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Tammy and Becky ~

My eyes have no more tears, the well's dry. Some days the well is full, and sometimes not. The anticipation/waiting game for my Auntie Rose is heart breaking. She live in San Pedro (southwest of Los Angeles) ~ I have another Auntie and Uncle down there too. Auntie Rose just lost her son (my cousin) last year to a brain anuryism (he was fighting cancer at the time to) at the young age of 59. My other cousin is also fighting cancer. She only has the two boys and all of them have/had some sort of cancer.

My Uncle down there has prostrate cancer...several surgeries. We used to joke about the LA water. As a young kid, we got yelled at if we got tap water to drink. I know it's not that, it just something funny we used to joke about.

Wow, as I'm typing this...not my immediate family (just me, breast & skin)...a LOT of my family has been affected by some sort of cancer. Both my Mom and Dad's side of the family...as I'm sure many of you.

Thanks all ~

Related to Facing Unexpected Challenges: Life's Sucky Moment

1. What types of challenges are covered in "Facing Unexpected Challenges: Life's Sucky Moment"?

Our cookbook addresses a variety of challenges that people may face, including illness, job loss, relationship struggles, and more. It offers recipes and tips for how to cope and find joy in the midst of difficult circumstances.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook difficult to make?

No, our cookbook features easy and practical recipes that can be made by anyone, regardless of cooking experience. We believe that cooking can be a therapeutic and enjoyable activity, even during tough times.

3. Are there any specific dietary restrictions addressed in the cookbook?

Yes, our cookbook includes recipes for a variety of dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. We wanted to make sure that everyone can find comfort and nourishment through our recipes.

4. How can this cookbook help me during difficult times?

Our cookbook offers more than just recipes. It also includes inspirational quotes, personal stories, and tips for self-care and finding joy in the midst of challenges. We hope that it can provide comfort and support for those going through tough times.

5. Can I purchase this cookbook as a gift for someone going through a difficult time?

Yes, our cookbook can make a thoughtful and uplifting gift for anyone facing unexpected challenges. It offers practical and emotional support, as well as delicious recipes to nourish the body and soul.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies