• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help with Urgent Prayer Requests for Two Families in Need?

alive. There is a dear sweet lady from my church who was involved in a terrible car accident on Monday. She already has an existing lung disease. 5 years ago the drs gave her months to live. But she's proved them wrong. She is on fire for God and life and does everything in his name. She volunteers in a home for battered women and volunteers at a boys ranch. She was bringing home a child from the dr when the wreck occured. She flipped her van 10 times. She was medflighted to the hospital. She has a broken neck, back, arm, stirnum, and 6 broken ribs. They had to put her on a ventalator
tabnat80
Gold Member
There is a dear sweet lady from my church who was involved in a terrible car accident on Monday. She already has an existing lung disease. 5 years ago the drs gave her months to live. But she's proved them wrong. She is on fire for God and life and does everything in his name. She volunteers in a home for battered women and volunteers at a boys ranch. She was bringing home a child from the dr when the wreck occured. She flipped her van 10 times. She was medflighted to the hospital. She has a broken neck, back, arm, stirnum, and 6 broken ribs. They had to put her on a ventalator because she has the lung problem. (She's regularly on oxygen before the accident). Yesterday, the dr's had to up her ventalator and told the family she's having a hard time. They aren't able to give her any meds because of her existing lung disease. The boy had to have stitches but was treated and released. Please pray for Suzi Askew as I can't imagine this world without her. Their just aren't many people like her.

A couple of hours after the 1st wreck, a second one happened. A drunk driver ran a stop sign on a 25 mph road and slammed into a car carring a husband and wife. Keith and Vicki Barber. It pinned them up against a tree. They used to go to church with my husband. They have an 18 year old son, Joey, who is a senior in hs. The ambulance took Vicki to one hospital and they medflighted Keith to another. Once arriving, Vicki refused treatment to go be with her husband. She has a crushed arm and is in need of surgery. I've been told that Keith only has a 25% chance of making it. The Dr's think he has brain damage.

This has just been a sad week to say the least. Please be in continuous prayer for these two familys and please add them to all of your prayer list at church. I truely believe in the power of prayer and believe that God hears us when we call out to him. Thank you for all your prayers. :(

I will pray for both families.

Wow! I will definitely keep these families in my prayers. That is really something. Keep us posted on how things are going.

praying...

keeping them in my prayers.

oh no...I will pray for them! How sad. I pray for a miracle in both of these situations...and that God would receive the glory for them!

Wow - what sad situations. Both families will be in my prayers.

This was a sad day. My DH went on a medical call this a.m. where a guy in his mid-60s had died. Here to find out, his wife had died just 2 weeks ago.

I will be praying for these families, hopefully there will be lots of healing!

praying... and crying

Thank you so much for all your prayers. Keep em coming. The only update I have is that Vicki did go ahead and have surgery and was doing pretty good. Keith is still in a coma. No news on Mrs. Suzie either. I guess no news is good news for now. Thanks again for all your support.

Prayers from Germany as well. I have tears in my eyes reading and praying on this. May God keep them all in His wonderful grace.

Update-
Mrs. Suzi is stable and they are going to be transfering her to another hospital in TN that can specialize in her lung disease. She is still in a drug enduced coma until they can perform the surgery. Surgery has been put off for over a week and is now scheduled for Monday.

Keith-Not much of a change with Keith. He's still in a coma. The dr's are now giving him a 50% chance to live. This is good news.

Thank you for all of your prayers. Keep em' coming. I know the power of prayer can work wonders.

Ok-it's been a really long time updating this. Suize, the lady with the lung problem is doing absolutely wonderful. She is possibly going to be realeased to come HOME today. This comes as a shock to all of us. You can read her story on Caringbridge.org/Suziaskew. She truely is an inspiration to us all.

Keith has come a long way. He has started to open his eyes a little bit here and there and does show some sighns that he is hearing and understanding what everyone is saying to him. He is still in a coma, however, I have hope that he is going to come out of this. He opened his eyes for a full 15 minutes yesterday. You can keep up with his story on caringbridge.org/keithbarber. There is a picture of his truck on there that was crushed. It's amazing that he came out of it alive at all. His wife has had to have 2 surgeries on her arm but is doing much better.

Please continue to keep these two families in your prayers. In both of these circumstances, it didn't look like either one of these two were going to make it, and now look at them. I truely believe that God has answered our prayers for them. Please pray for Him to continue to heal them and to provide financial support as the bills start to roll in.

That is wonderful progress!

God is mercifulGod is so merciful. May we praise His Holy name!! My prayers are still going up!

Debbie :D

Great news all around. Mrs. Suzie is home and Keith got to come home on Friday. Suzie is really progressing and Keith is doing better each day. He is still in a mild coma but really coming along. He is keeping his eyes open more and more. Keep up the prayers. Praise God they are doing so must better.

That's great news - hope they continue to get stronger.

What is a "2 Urgent Prayer Request"?

A "2 Urgent Prayer Request" is a term used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to a special prayer request from a host or customer. It signifies that the prayer request is considered urgent and should be given immediate attention.

Who can submit a "2 Urgent Prayer Request"?

Any Pampered Chef consultant, host, or customer can submit a "2 Urgent Prayer Request". We believe in the power of prayer and are here to support each other in times of need.

How do I submit a "2 Urgent Prayer Request"?

You can submit a "2 Urgent Prayer Request" by reaching out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contacting our customer service team. They will provide you with the necessary forms to fill out and submit your request.

How are "2 Urgent Prayer Requests" handled?

Once a "2 Urgent Prayer Request" is received, it will be shared with our community of consultants and employees who will pray for the specific need. We also have a team of dedicated prayer warriors who will pray over the request daily.

Can I receive updates on the "2 Urgent Prayer Request" I submitted?

Yes, you can receive updates on the "2 Urgent Prayer Request" you submitted by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team. We will do our best to provide updates on the request and its progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angel7581
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Brenda.the.chef