• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asking for Emergency Prayers Please......

In summary, my very good friend in Virginia has a niece that has been critically injured in a car accident in Maryland - on Sunday. We are asking for prayers for Alyvia and family wherever we can get them. The doctors all say they have never seen anyone hang on like she has and we all know it is Jesus.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
My very good friend in Virginia has a niece that has been critically injured in a car accident in Maryland - on Sunday. We are asking for prayers for Alyvia and family wherever we can get them. The doctors all say they have never seen anyone hang on like she has and we all know it is Jesus. I have never met this little girl but I know her well from pictures. She is 8. Just imagine if this was your child.

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!!!!!!!
> Today is Sunday, February 17, 2008. This is not a chain letter,
this is not a hoax, this is fact, this is my family!

> At around 1:30 pm today, my niece and her 8 year old daughter were
involved in a two vehicle accident in Ellerslie, Maryland. All three victims
had to be extricated, with my 8 year old niece taking the brunt of the
impact.
Because of Gods will and some excellent providers on the scene,
Alyvia was flown directly to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown.
There in the ER, she crashed. After two chest tubes and over 15
minutes of resucitative measures, she was revived, this was the first time.
She became fluid depleted (ran out of blood) and crashed again. Her chest was opened in the ER and after another 15 - 20 minutes, she was revived again.

Both lungs had colapsed, her diaphram was torn from her sternum to her right
side, her liver is actually ruptured and is not fixable. They have it wrapped in packing to try and stop the bleeding. She has a concusion, her jaw is broken in three places. Her sternum was broken in two. Her kidney is bruised and has a large hematoma on the adrenal gland. Her colon is bruised. Her ribs are broken, both bones in her right arm are broken, both bones in her left arm are broken at the wrist and forearm. Both femurs are broken, both lower legs are broken in two. Her pelvis is broken and has a 1 1/2 inch gap in it. It is broken up into her lower spine. Her pubis bone is fractured.

Her prognosis is very grim, The general surgeon told us that he has
never seen anyone this beat up that was still alive. They have her
abdomen and chest opened for drainage, and in case they need access.
THey have put external fixtures on her extremeties, they are
autotransfusing some of what they are collecting from her lungs, liver and around her heart. Her heart is fine. They found no brain injury so far. After the first 10 hours, she has had 16 units of blood. There are at least 5 medical
persons in her room with her at all times. Her Mom is injured, but was
allowed to leave WMHS and go to Morgantown.

What do we need? Please pray for Alyvia, she is 8 years old. She is
such a girly girl, so soft spoken, yet funny. Pray for Gods Will.

I will be praying for her and everyone close to her!

My God Bless you during this time!

oh my.. she'll be in our thoughts and prayers.. and her family as well.

WOW! After reading that report I am shocked she is alive. I pray that a miracle will happen with healing!

WOW!! There must be a reason this person is still with us. I will be praying for this family as they have a long road ahead of them.

So sorryMy prayers are with you, this little child and her family.

Debbie :D

After reading the post, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say other than I'll pray for Alyvia and her family.

OMG - this poor girl and her family - praying hard to her recovery!

Wow. I will certainly pray for God's will and His peace for Alyvia and her family. What a horrible time for all.

Sending up prayers right now for this little girl. May God do his handiwork!

yes, alot of prayers for her in southern part of va.

More prayers coming - lots, and lots, and lots!

I'll be saying prayers for her, how terrible. She has a purpose to be here with us...

Lots of prayers coming your way ~

I'll be praying for her! I'll also send this off to many others at my childrens school. They have been praying for a classmate who was in an accident last week (her 17th birthday). She is improving and is now breathing on her own. She had a brain injury. They don't know yet if she will be okay, but it is looking really good.

We will include Alyvia in the prayer chain.

Wow...I don't even know what to say. I pray that God's hand is on her and she is feeling His prescence even now. If it is His will that she survive this...I pray for a complete recovery. If His will includes her going to heaven with Him, I pray that she is not in pain and that He would comfort her family. I can't even believe all of the trauma that her little body has...or how hard this must be on her family, friends, and the hospital workers that are helping her.

WOW! And I was feeling sorry for my crew because we have the FLU! God always puts things in perspective. I will be praying for this family! It is obvious that God has His hand on Alyvia:angel:

I was just going to post this same e-mail - it was sent to the prayer chain from my church cluster.

I just got home from being out of town for the weekend and received this e-mail. I checked my local newspaper for the 'Police Log' and here is a link to the news article

http://www.times-news.com/policelog/local_story_049104216.html

If it doesn't work, I will copy and paste the article

I was told that this is the sweetest little girl you want to meet

Many Many prayers are going her way.

:chef:

UPDATE - Alyvia has diedI am sorry to post this but I thought that everyone should know - here is the news articile

http://www.times-news.com/local/local_story_053215026.html

:(

That's ashame. God has bigger plans for her now.

I just read her obituary on the website and the ending is so sad

I have an 8 year old - I don't want to think about what those parents are going through - I am sorry to say that - I just don't think that I could go on if anything would happen to my Lucy. She came into my life just right when I needed her and she means everything to me.

:(

Thanks so much for posting the obit Teresa - it's a small world isnt it. All the prayers are appreciated. The family decided on Thurs to "pull the plug" after the neurologist discovered there was no blood getting to her brain - meaning no brain activity. There was no hope, nothing could be done & she died they said very peacefully and looked like a little angel. She is at peace, no more pain and in Jesus arms. It is all just heartbreaking.

Please pray for her mama - her name is Debbie.

Dear Jesus... as you hold little Alyvia in your arms now... please hold Debbie as well... comfort her as only You can. We lift this dear sister up before your throne and pray for her... help her as she grieves... carry her through each step and be with her as she goes through the stages of emotion that are before her. Heal her body Lord and salve her broken heart. We won't pretend to understand... this is greater than we are and our hearts just ache for Debbie and their family. Be everything to her...may Your Spirit envelope her... In Your precious name we lift Debbie to you... Amen

quiverfull7 said:
Dear Jesus... as you hold little Alyvia in your arms now... please hold Debbie as well... comfort her as only You can. We lift this dear sister up before your throne and pray for her... help her as she grieves... carry her through each step and be with her as she goes through the stages of emotion that are before her. Heal her body Lord and salve her broken heart. We won't pretend to understand... this is greater than we are and our hearts just ache for Debbie and their family. Be everything to her...may Your Spirit envelope her... In Your precious name we lift Debbie to you... Amen

AMEN

:angel: Alyvia :angel:

quiverfull7 said:
Amen...

I don't even have the words to pray right now, thanks Diane.

I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. Your friends with be in my prayers.

As my husband said when a dear older lady that raised a friend of ours died this week..."The angels are singing today."

Cindy, please let Debbie know that we will all continue to pray for her and the rest of the family as they try to cope with this loss and come to peace with their decision.

I know you said Debbie was also injured in the accident. How is she doing and recovering from that? Please let us know if there are any other developments with the case.

quiverfull7 said:

Amen.

(Diane you have a wonderful gift of words)

I'm so sorry to hear of this news - may her family and friends find comfort at this terrible time.

1. What happened to Alyvia?

Alyvia was critically injured in a car accident in Maryland on Sunday, February 17, 2008.

2. How is Alyvia doing now?

Alyvia's condition is very serious and her prognosis is grim. She has sustained multiple injuries including collapsed lungs, torn diaphragm, ruptured liver, broken bones, and other internal injuries.

3. What has been done for Alyvia's injuries so far?

The medical team has performed multiple lifesaving measures, including chest tubes, resuscitative measures, and surgeries to address her injuries. They are also closely monitoring her for any brain injuries.

4. How can we help Alyvia and her family?

Please keep Alyvia and her family in your prayers. They are asking for prayers from anyone who is willing to send them. They also need strength and support during this difficult time.

5. Is there any additional information about Alyvia's condition?

Alyvia's condition is constantly being monitored by a team of medical professionals. Her mother, who was also injured in the accident, is currently with her in the hospital. The doctors have not found any brain injuries so far and are doing everything they can to save her life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sslangley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
Replies