• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Fundraiser... Relay for Life

I am getting ready to put together some packets...You can reach out to the team directly and offer to organize a fundraiser for them.
myinnerchef
Gold Member
A dear friend of mine who just recently had brain surgery to remove a tumor is walking in her local Relay for Life in May. She is hosting a fundraising party next weekend and already has both outside orders and additional bookings from her party (which hasn't even happened yet)!

My question is how to indicate who receives the fundraising check. If I have it made payable to the ACS, am I right in assuming it gets mailed to the host to turn in to them?

Also, one of her guests wants to host a fundraiser in May for the extra 10% donation. If I indicate that show as a HWC fundraiser, do the regular fundraiser rules apply (check mailed to host) or does it go straight to the ACS? I want to make sure the donations go towards her team goal.

Bumping for an answer... Does no one know how PC makes out the checks?

myinnerchef said:
A dear friend of mine who just recently had brain surgery to remove a tumor is walking in her local Relay for Life in May. She is hosting a fundraising party next weekend and already has both outside orders and additional bookings from her party (which hasn't even happened yet)!

My question is how to indicate who receives the fundraising check. If I have it made payable to the ACS, am I right in assuming it gets mailed to the host to turn in to them?

Also, one of her guests wants to host a fundraiser in May for the extra 10% donation. If I indicate that show as a HWC fundraiser, do the regular fundraiser rules apply (check mailed to host) or does it go straight to the ACS? I want to make sure the donations go towards her team goal.

I would love to know the answer as well...

When I did my Relay for Life fundraisers last year- the check had to be made out to American Cancer Society, but to distiquish this from HWP, we made association American Cancer Society/ Relay for Life, and the check was mailed to the chairperson, not directly to ACS

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the check made out to the organization chairperson?

mscharf said:
Someone correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the check made out to the organization chairperson?

No, the check needs to be made out to an organization - it just gets mailed to the chairperson so they can deliver it.

I'm entering the orders from the fundraiser, which is awesome so far - over $1K and more orders still coming in - but when I entered the chairperson's order I was a bit surprised to find that they don't even get the free shipping benefit that other hosts get. I know they don't get the free products or the booking benefits but they have to pay for shipping too?! That's kind of a downer.

myinnerchef said:
No, the check needs to be made out to an organization - it just gets mailed to the chairperson so they can deliver it.

I'm entering the orders from the fundraiser, which is awesome so far - over $1K and more orders still coming in - but when I entered the chairperson's order I was a bit surprised to find that they don't even get the free shipping benefit that other hosts get. I know they don't get the free products or the booking benefits but they have to pay for shipping too?! That's kind of a downer.

The Chairperson doesn't get hostess benefits, but they can take advantage of the hostess special for the month.

myinnerchef said:
I know they don't get the free products or the booking benefits but they have to pay for shipping too?! That's kind of a downer.

That is right, I have paid the shipping for them so they get that benefit. It is kind of my way of saying thanks! You can enter a Consultant Gift payment for the 4.25.

myinnerchef said:

The HWC donation will go to the ACS directly. She won't be able to turn in a check & count it in her Relay for Life goal. Hope that helps.

Ok, I am new at this as well and just finished researching local relay for life teams in my area. How do you approach a team to offer the may fundraiser? I am getting ready to put together some packets...When you say you had the check made out to American Cancer Society/Relay for Life, does this qualify for the ACS 25% May fundraiser? or is it the standard fundraiser of 15%. I want to make sure I give people the correct info!
Thanks!

I am wondering the same as you JMT! I just checked some local Relay for Life Events in my area too. So looking for the same things as you...how do you approach them, do you do a "live" show or a catalog/PWS show?

JMT said:
Ok, I am new at this as well and just finished researching local relay for life teams in my area. How do you approach a team to offer the may fundraiser? I am getting ready to put together some packets...When you say you had the check made out to American Cancer Society/Relay for Life, does this qualify for the ACS 25% May fundraiser? or is it the standard fundraiser of 15%. I want to make sure I give people the correct info!
Thanks!

I have several RFL fundraisers this year. I do donate 50% of my commission to the organization. I looked at the Relay for Life website and searched for Relays in my area. I then either called if a number was provided or I emailed the chair of the Relay. I usually get a response back. I then ask to attend a captain's meeting. At the meeting, I present who I am and what the Pampered Chef can do for them. I have found that a lot of their fundraising consists of just simply asking people to donate money. Some feel uncomfortable asking for money and an actually fundraiser event is more appealing. Others want to have a Pampered Chef show, but feel selfish getting free stuff from their friends and family. I am doing 4 this year and although I do not make money on it, I use the Relay to get leads for traditional shows. I have found that offering to donate commission makes them more likely to schedule a fundraiser. These people work their tails off for this cause and if they think you are actually make good money off them, I think it turns them off.

Good Luck!

So does a "Relay" fundraiser have the standard donation amounts...not the increase acs amount for May? I had planned to donate most of my commission back as well, just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight before approaching anyone. Thanks for the info Wendy!

JMT said:
So does a "Relay" fundraiser have the standard donation amounts...not the increase acs amount for May?

Yes, they receive the standard donation amounts. A couple of weeks ago I e-mailed HO to double check.

Kelly

1. How does the "My First Fundraiser... Relay for Life" program work?

The "My First Fundraiser... Relay for Life" program is a simple and fun way for anyone to raise money for the American Cancer Society. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can host a cooking party where a portion of the sales will be donated to Relay for Life. Your guests can also choose to make a direct donation to the cause. It's a great way to combine cooking and fundraising for a good cause.

2. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a fundraiser for Relay for Life?

No, you do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a fundraiser for Relay for Life. However, if you are not a consultant, you will need to work with a consultant to coordinate the event and ensure that the donations are properly processed.

3. How much of the sales or donations will be donated to Relay for Life?

Pampered Chef will donate 15% of the total sales from the fundraiser to Relay for Life. If guests choose to make a direct donation, 100% of those donations will go to the American Cancer Society.

4. Can I choose which products to feature at my fundraiser?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to select which products you would like to feature at your fundraiser. Your consultant can also provide you with product recommendations based on the theme or purpose of your event.

5. How do I get started with hosting a "My First Fundraiser... Relay for Life" event?

To get started, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting a fundraiser for Relay for Life. Your consultant will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary resources and materials to make your event a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031