• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today

surgery! This means that instead of potentially removing her entire tumor, which would have been very risky and carried a high chance of causing more harm than good, the team decided to undergo a procedure called "cold ischemia therapy". This is a newer, minimally invasive treatment that uses a catheter to deliver a cold liquid (usually water) directly to the tumor, freezing it and killing it off. The therapy was only started in the last 10 years and is still in its early research stages, but according to the doctors, has a 97% success rate. The team is hopeful that after today's successful surgery, this will be the final treatment needed. We'll keep you updated as more information becomes available!The surgery went very well and
climbercanoe3
Hello this is new for me. I am not a prayer person, I never learned to. I have a good friend that is a very strong believer of prayer. Her daughter is going through major surgery today and could use the power of prayer.
Here is a brief synopsis of the situation. Her daughter Maddie was born on March 13, 2008. They found a tumor on the babies heart back in December while Mom was still pregnant. They have followed the tumor and the fluid around the heart since then and have not been to worried about it. They induced her (3 weeks early) and she delivered vaginally with no problems. They have been trying to figure out what to do next. They had an MRI and decided to go in an take out a piece of the tumor. Then they will test it and find out what kind of tumor it is. It is baffling the Dr.'s at Children's Hospital in Boston. Then they will see if it is possible to remove it all.
This is all happening today.
I fell helpless in helping my friend. I am here to ask for help from all of you that do understand the power of prayer. Sometimes I wish I had grown up with a strong prayer background.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and think about Maddie today.

Last edited:
I am not much of a prayer person either but i will keep Maddie and her family in my thoughts today.

Ditto to what kodeysmom said!

May the Lord guide the Doctors to make the right decisions, and I will keep Maddie and her family in my prayers today and for the coming weeks. Keep us posted.

Maddie, her family, and you will all be in my prayers. You don't have to have a strong background in prayer to ask for God's help. He's always listening. Just talk to Him in your heart.

Keri-Lyn, I'll be praying for Maddie, her baby and family.

dianevill said:
Maddie, her family, and you will all be in my prayers. You don't have to have a strong background in prayer to ask for God's help. He's always listening. Just talk to Him in your heart.
AMEN! Just carry on a conversation with Jesus... that's what He really loves!

Dear Jesus, this little one and her family need you every moment but especially today... bless them, hold them close and send yourself through someone with skin on to hug them and comfort them and just sit with them... and your Holy Spirit will envelop them with your comfort too! Please guide and lead the medical teams to clarity of the condition and what to do in order to best heal baby Maddie! We lift her and her family up to you Jesus and our hearts cry out to you even if we don't know what words to say... for the Holy Spirit knows the groanings of our hearts... please heal this child...
In Jesus name, Amen

Diane & Diane - that is what I was going to say. As adults, we think prayer is tough, a learned thing, a recited thing, and we have to use the right words...Nope, it is coming like as a child, and having a conversation with your best friend! Talk to Jesus like you would a friend, trust me, He knows our hearts before we come. I learn a lot about prayer from my kids because they aren't afraid to ask or share ANYTHING! That's what God wants, an unguarded heart...I'll be praying for this little one and Mom today!

Well ladies thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. The update is great news. The hospital has a site where visitor's can check in and get updates emailed to them. Here is a blurb from my friend's care page.He is risen, He is risen indeed! The surgeons and docs agree the Madison's surgery today could not have gone any smoother than it did! They were able to easily sedate/intubate her and get her into the OR more quickly than expected. With God all things are possible and today was a testament to His power. After the incision was made and a biopsy of the tumor was done we were told on the best possible news, Maddie's tumor was a Rhabdomyoma! As far as treatment and diagnosis goes this was the best possibility and both mom and dad have been praying for an outcome such as this. Let me explain why this is so wonderful. A rhabdomyoma tumor (despite the large size hers is) is a type of tumor that is not only benign but also does NOT require other surgeries to remove. This tumor will, on its own after birth slowly dissolve without any need for medication or operation. Praise God! She will be monitored for arrythmias and tumor size frequently but that mom and dad can handle.Thanks again for thinking of little Maddie today!

That is so awesome! What a wonderful answer to prayer! :) Thank you for the update.

God listens to all
dianevill said:

You don't need the right words, just ask. God has answered many prayers for us. I will keep Maddie in my prayers.

Thank you Lord for touching this little girl! You have answered the prayers that have been said for her. May YOU receive all the glory for this miracle!

What is a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today"?

A "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today" is a way to ask for support, comfort, and positive thoughts from others during a difficult or challenging time. It can be a way to cope with personal struggles or to show support for someone else who may be going through a tough time.

How can I make a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today"?

You can make a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today" by reaching out to your friends, family, or community and sharing your struggles or asking for their support. You can also post on social media or join online support groups to connect with others who can offer thoughts and prayers.

Do I have to be religious to make a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today"?

No, a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today" is not limited to any specific religion or belief system. It is simply a way to ask for positive thoughts and support from others, regardless of their own beliefs or backgrounds.

Can I make a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today" for someone else?

Yes, you can make a "Request for Thoughts and Prayers Today" on behalf of someone else who may be going through a difficult time. This can be a way to show support and let them know they are not alone in their struggles.

Is there anything I can do besides offering thoughts and prayers?

Absolutely. While thoughts and prayers can be a meaningful way to show support, there are also other ways to offer practical help or tangible support to someone in need. This can include offering to listen, providing a helping hand, or sending a care package or gift to show your support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies