• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Mom's Thyroid Lump Discovery | Please Keep Her in Your Thoughts

In summary, Rennea's mother has been diagnosed with a thyroid tumor, and they will be seeing the doctor next week to discuss treatment.
rennea
Gold Member
Today my Mom went in for an ultra sound on her throat because her thyroid was enlarged and they have dicovered a lump. She is to go back to her doctor in a week to talk to him. If you could please keep my Mom in your thoughts and prayers. I'm really freaking out right now. I pray that it's nothing and they will just have to put her on meds for her thyroid. She is only 58 years young.

Thanks inadvance for your prayers.

Lord, please grand peace and patience in this time of waiting. It's so hard for us since everything is so instant now... please envelope this family with your arms and hold them close,
Amen

Sorry to hear Rennea - I pray that it is only something minor!

Rennea, not trying to jump the gun here, but if this turns out to be a thyroid tumor for your mom, they are very, very, very treatable! I pray that it is nothing drastic. Please update us when you can.

chefmeg said:
Rennea, not trying to jump the gun here, but if this turns out to be a thyroid tumor for your mom, they are very, very, very treatable! I pray that it is nothing drastic. Please update us when you can.

I know and I'm hoping. But my Mom is a smoker:mad: And I can't help to think the worst. I really do believe in positive thought, but I have been on her for a while I just new something wasn't right.

Rennea,

You and your mom will be in my prayers. Please remember to take time to take care of yourself!

The power of prayer is an awesome thing. Keep that in your heart.

rennea said:
Today my Mom went in for an ultra sound on her throat because her thyroid was enlarged and they have dicovered a lump. She is to go back to her doctor in a week to talk to him. If you could please keep my Mom in your thoughts and prayers. I'm really freaking out right now. I pray that it's nothing and they will just have to put her on meds for her thyroid. She is only 58 years young.

Thanks inadvance for your prayers.

Rennea, the same thing happened to my mother, and they removed her thyroid. My mother started confessing healing scriptures and was totally healed from all her thyroid issues and no longer has to take medicine. Try to calm yourself if you can. I know it's scary- but lots of women around that age have to have their thyroids removed. I will pray that God wraps you in His peace and love and that He will give wisdom and clarity to the doctors, and peace and healing to your mother.

PM me if you need a hug! :)

My thoughts are with you, Rennea *hugs*

I'll be praying.

Rennea, you & your family are in my prayers! My mom had her thyroid removed about a year & a half ago, at only 47 years old. I know it can be a scary and overwhelming time when you start hearing the word tumor being used in the same sentance as your mother. It's easy to let your mind wander & worry. I will pray for your personal peace & comfort. I will also pray for healing for your mom. My mom is healthy & enjoying her 2 year old grandson. Be encouraged & know that you're being lifted up to Him today!

How are you today, Rennea?

Doing good today. I just don't like the waiting. I have told my Mom just to keep busy, hopefully it will keep her mind off of it until she sees the doctor.

Related to Prayer Request: Mom's Thyroid Lump Discovery | Please Keep Her in Your Thoughts

1. How serious is the lump in my mom's thyroid?

The seriousness of the lump in your mom's thyroid depends on various factors such as its size, location, and whether it is cancerous or not. It is important to consult with a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

2. What are the treatment options for a thyroid lump?

The treatment options for a thyroid lump depend on the specific condition and its severity. This can include medication, surgery, or radioactive iodine therapy. Your mom's doctor will be able to recommend the best course of action.

3. How can I support my mom during this time?

One of the best ways to support your mom during this time is to be there for her emotionally. Let her know that you are there to listen and offer any help she may need. Additionally, you can help her with practical tasks such as making appointments or accompanying her to doctor visits.

4. Can prayer really make a difference in my mom's health?

While prayer cannot cure medical conditions, many people find comfort and strength in praying for their loved ones. It can also help alleviate stress and anxiety, which can have a positive impact on overall health.

5. What can I do to help spread awareness about thyroid health?

You can help spread awareness about thyroid health by educating yourself and others about the symptoms, risk factors, and treatment options for thyroid conditions. Sharing information on social media or participating in awareness events can also make a difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Chef Michelle D
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • angel7581
  • General Chat
Replies