• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Mawmaw Jones - Surgery Today for Broken Hip at 89"

In summary, Mawmaw Jones' surgery length will depend on the severity of the break and any potential complications, with a range of 1-3 hours. The recovery time for a broken hip surgery at 89 years old is typically 6-12 months, but following doctor's instructions and physical therapy is crucial for healing. Visitors may be allowed to see Mawmaw Jones after she is out of recovery and cleared by the doctor. There are many ways to support her during this time, such as sending cards, flowers, or offering to bring meals or run errands. With proper care and time, Mawmaw Jones should be able to resume most of her normal activities.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I have another prayer request. My sweet mawmaw jones fell and broke her hip on Monday. They are doing surgery on her sometime this afternoon. She is 89 today. Please pray for her and the doctors as this is a risky surgery given her existing heart and lung conditions. She's in a lot of pain and they said there are no other options that surgery is necessary. They are thinking they are going to have to do a total hip replacement. I am so scared. I lost my beloved pawpaw in April of 07 and can't imagine loosing her now too. Please lift her up in your prayers today and the coming weeks as I know there will be a long road to recover. I know God can do anything. Thank you for your prayers.

More prayers headed your way. Sorry to hear she's in so much pain!

Praying for her as well!

Update---
Mawmaw made it through surgery pretty well. He road to recover is still very long. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She was very shaky tonight and cold, but i think that was because she just had surgery. I appreciate all your prayers.

Prayers for your mawmaw. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Prayers just said for her...keep us updated!

You'll both be in my prayers.

1. How long will Mawmaw Jones' surgery last?

The length of the surgery will depend on the severity of the break and any potential complications. It could range from 1-3 hours.

2. What is the recovery time for a broken hip surgery at 89 years old?

The recovery time can vary, but typically it takes 6-12 months for a full recovery. However, it is important to follow the doctor's instructions and do physical therapy to aid in the healing process.

3. Can visitors see Mawmaw Jones after the surgery?

It is best to check with the hospital's policies, but typically visitors are allowed after the patient is out of recovery and has been cleared by the doctor.

4. How can we support Mawmaw Jones during this time?

There are many ways to support Mawmaw Jones during her recovery. You can send her cards, flowers, or care packages. You can also offer to bring her meals or run errands for her. Most importantly, keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

5. Will Mawmaw Jones be able to resume her normal activities after the surgery?

It is important for Mawmaw Jones to follow her doctor's instructions and do physical therapy. With proper care and time, she should be able to resume most of her normal activities. However, it is important to listen to her body and not push herself too hard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • carlajanes