1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Why I ask! Why do some have to suffer so much?? Why is cancer so

1. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

Why I ask! Why do some have to suffer so much?? Why is cancer so vicious? Why does it take some and not others? Why does it seem like in a time with all this technology that cancer is killing more and more everyday?? Why are 2 small children left without a mother. So many Why's, I ask and ask and ask with no answer. :cry::cry::cry:
    A co-worker's sister lost her fight with cancer Thursday, leaving behind a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, she was 28 years old. Every time I think about those two little kids it breaks my heart. She has been fighting for so long, so many treatments, so many trips to the hospital fighting the whole time for those two little ones. So, I ask that you pray for her family and especially those two little children who no longer have their mother with them.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
    May 1, 2009
  2. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Re: Why????????

Oh, I am so sorry and sad for all. Makes my problems of today seem so small.

I will be praying for them.

3. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

Praying for the family. This is so sad.

May 1, 2009
  4. tlag1986

tlag1986 Veteran Member Gold Member

How sad. I feel so bad for the little girls. My prayers are with her family.

May 1, 2009
  5. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

sending my thoughts and prayers... those are the ages of my kids.. I can't imagine...

May 1, 2009
  6. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My heart & prayers go out to that family & the children..

May 1, 2009
  7. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Tons of hugs and prayers..how sad to have to grow up without a mommy. Maybe PC's help will make a difference!

May 1, 2009
  8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Oh poor family....I can't imagine the pain for her children and for the sister left behind. :( My prayers are with them. I'm sorry for your pain as well. Wish there were answers, but nothing could be said to make the pain less. May GOD provide strength and comfort to everyone involved.

9. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

How sad, I can't imagine. I'm praying for the family, especially the little kids.

10. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Sending prayers their way.....

May 2, 2009
  11. luvmytees

luvmytees Novice Member

It is so hard. :( I know the young lady you are referring too and it has broken our hearts here too :(:(

May 2, 2009
  12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've prayed for peace and comfort.

Cancer is evil.

May 3, 2009
  13. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

May God give you all the peace and ease of heart that you need so much right now. We can never understand these things this side of heaven......

May 3, 2009
  14. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for this family. They are having a hard time with it all, but getting through.
    I had another co-worker who just lost her father to cancer as well. He found out a couple of months ago he had stage 4 lung cancer that had spread to his bones and brain. He did hang on long enough to watch his daughter graduate college and get married. She had a small wedding early so that he could walk her down the aisle, then her big wedding when she will officially get married is in June. Again, a cruel end to a life!
    I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in Sept. 08 and am now cancer free. I sometimes feel guilty when I hear of others that have had such a long, hard road with cancer. It is an emotionally draining experience for all.

May 21, 2009
  15. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

My prayers go out to that family. I had those same questions a year ago when I one of my loved ones lost their battle to cancer. But these are questions we will never have answers to. A wise woman (my mom) told me God makes no mistakes or errors. But the human flesh can not help but ask these questions eventhough there are no answers.

16. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I feel your pain and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you. Watching another human go through this rotten disease is so painful. And to see such a young family have to struggle with the loss of their mother. No one is a winner with cancer.

To make you feel a teeny tiny bit better, 37 years ago, I watched my Great-Aunt suffer and die from pancreatic cancer. Then just a few short years later my Grandmother suffered from breast cancer. The surgery was nothing short of butchering but it was all they knew. They thought they got everything but just 2 years later she had other cancers develop in that area of the body and she passed away.

Look at the advances in breast cancer from then until now. Would she have made it? Who knows, but I bet her chances would have been much better today.

Just pray that by the time these little girls grow up we will be that much further ahead. And hopefully, their daughters will not have to suffer the same tragidy.

Prayers for them and for you.

May 21, 2009
  17. aried

aried Advanced Member Gold Member

Prayers go out to the family. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer last October at the age of 46. No history in my family. I have my last chemo treatment June 1st. I don't know why some people get cancer. But I do know that God has a plan for me and the journey that I am going through. I am making it with LOTS of prayers and the end of the tunnel is near! I am slowly buidling my PC business back up and get my strength built up this summer.

May 22, 2009
Have something to add?