• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why I Ask! Why Do Some Have to Suffer so Much?? Why Is Cancer so

In summary, cancer is a vicious disease that takes some and not others. Some people have to suffer a lot more than others. There is no answer to why this happens. Some people pray for answers, but there are none.
chefshawna
Gold Member
Why I ask! Why do some have to suffer so much?? Why is cancer so vicious? Why does it take some and not others? Why does it seem like in a time with all this technology that cancer is killing more and more everyday?? Why are 2 small children left without a mother. So many Why's, I ask and ask and ask with no answer. :cry::cry::cry:
A co-worker's sister lost her fight with cancer Thursday, leaving behind a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, she was 28 years old. Every time I think about those two little kids it breaks my heart. She has been fighting for so long, so many treatments, so many trips to the hospital fighting the whole time for those two little ones. So, I ask that you pray for her family and especially those two little children who no longer have their mother with them.

Last edited:
Re: Why????????Oh, I am so sorry and sad for all. Makes my problems of today seem so small.

I will be praying for them.

Re: Why????????Praying for the family. This is so sad.

Re: Why????????How sad. I feel so bad for the little girls. My prayers are with her family.

Re: Why????????sending my thoughts and prayers... those are the ages of my kids.. I can't imagine...

Re: Why????????My heart & prayers go out to that family & the children..

Re: Why????????Tons of hugs and prayers..how sad to have to grow up without a mommy. Maybe PC's help will make a difference!

Re: Why????????Oh poor family....I can't imagine the pain for her children and for the sister left behind. :( My prayers are with them. I'm sorry for your pain as well. Wish there were answers, but nothing could be said to make the pain less. May GOD provide strength and comfort to everyone involved.

Re: Why????????How sad, I can't imagine. I'm praying for the family, especially the little kids.

Re: Why????????Sending prayers their way.....

Re: Why????????It is so hard. :( I know the young lady you are referring too and it has broken our hearts here too :(:(

Re: Why????????I've prayed for peace and comfort.Cancer is evil.

Re: Why????????May God give you all the peace and ease of heart that you need so much right now. We can never understand these things this side of heaven......

Re: Why????????Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for this family. They are having a hard time with it all, but getting through.
I had another co-worker who just lost her father to cancer as well. He found out a couple of months ago he had stage 4 lung cancer that had spread to his bones and brain. He did hang on long enough to watch his daughter graduate college and get married. She had a small wedding early so that he could walk her down the aisle, then her big wedding when she will officially get married is in June. Again, a cruel end to a life!
I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in Sept. 08 and am now cancer free. I sometimes feel guilty when I hear of others that have had such a long, hard road with cancer. It is an emotionally draining experience for all.

Re: Why????????
chefshawna said:
Why I ask! Why do some have to suffer so much?? Why is cancer so vicious? Why does it take some and not others? Why does it seem like in a time with all this technology that cancer is killing more and more everyday?? Why are 2 small children left without a mother. So many Why's, I ask and ask and ask with no answer. :cry::cry::cry:
A co-worker's sister lost her fight with cancer Thursday, leaving behind a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old girl, she was 28 years old. Every time I think about those two little kids it breaks my heart. She has been fighting for so long, so many treatments, so many trips to the hospital fighting the whole time for those two little ones. So, I ask that you pray for her family and especially those two little children who no longer have their mother with them.

My prayers go out to that family. I had those same questions a year ago when I one of my loved ones lost their battle to cancer. But these are questions we will never have answers to. A wise woman (my mom) told me God makes no mistakes or errors. But the human flesh can not help but ask these questions eventhough there are no answers.

Re: Why????????I feel your pain and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you. Watching another human go through this rotten disease is so painful. And to see such a young family have to struggle with the loss of their mother. No one is a winner with cancer.

To make you feel a teeny tiny bit better, 37 years ago, I watched my Great-Aunt suffer and die from pancreatic cancer. Then just a few short years later my Grandmother suffered from breast cancer. The surgery was nothing short of butchering but it was all they knew. They thought they got everything but just 2 years later she had other cancers develop in that area of the body and she passed away.

Look at the advances in breast cancer from then until now. Would she have made it? Who knows, but I bet her chances would have been much better today.

Just pray that by the time these little girls grow up we will be that much further ahead. And hopefully, their daughters will not have to suffer the same tragidy.

Prayers for them and for you.

Re: Why????????Prayers go out to the family. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer last October at the age of 46. No history in my family. I have my last chemo treatment June 1st. I don't know why some people get cancer. But I do know that God has a plan for me and the journey that I am going through. I am making it with LOTS of prayers and the end of the tunnel is near! I am slowly buidling my PC business back up and get my strength built up this summer.

Why do some have to suffer so much?

This is a difficult question to answer, as suffering can have many different causes and reasons. It could be due to physical or emotional pain, loss and grief, or other challenges in life. It's a natural part of being human and unfortunately, not something we can always control.

Why is cancer so prevalent?

Cancer is a complex disease with many factors that can contribute to its prevalence. Some potential reasons include genetics, lifestyle choices, environmental factors, and aging. Additionally, improved detection and diagnosis methods have led to a higher number of reported cases.

Why is cancer so difficult to cure?

As of now, there is no one definitive answer to this question. Cancer is a complex and constantly evolving disease, making it difficult to find a universal cure. Additionally, there are many different types of cancer, each with its own unique challenges and treatment options.

Why do some people survive cancer while others do not?

Again, there is no single answer to this question. Many factors can contribute to the outcome of cancer, including the type and stage of cancer, the person's overall health, their access to treatment and support, and luck. Every person's battle with cancer is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all explanation for survival rates.

Why is cancer so emotionally taxing?

Cancer can have a significant impact on a person's emotional well-being. The diagnosis and treatment process can be physically and mentally draining, and the uncertainty and fear of the disease can take a toll on a person's mental health. Additionally, cancer can also affect the emotional well-being of loved ones and caregivers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • Lisa/ChefBear