• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for This Family: Dealing with Breast Cancer and Family Struggles

In summary, my friend's mother-in-law has breast cancer and it has already spread to her lymph nodes. She and her husband are currently living with her and her son. The relationship between the two has never been all warm and fuzzy, but my friend continues to try and work on it. If the family's financial situation is anywhere close to what I imagine, they will have a very rough road ahead. Additionally, the family will be under a lot of stress in the coming months due to the mother-in-law's surgery and recovery.
sklay723
Gold Member
A very good friend of mine (my DS's godmother, actually) just got the news today that her mother-in-law has breast cancer. As far as they can tell it's already in her lymph nodes. My friend and her husband live with their MIL for the time being (they moved back to Florida and needed to get on their feet, so that's what they did to give themselves time) and now they have this to work through on top of everything else. MIL has given my friend TONS of grief since they moved in...telling her she isn't doing things "right" raising her son (MIL's grandson...age 2) and that kind of nonsense. The relationship has never been all warm and fuzzy, but my friend continues to try and work on it, which I admire her for.

I don't know what their financial picture is like right now, but if it's anywhere close to what I imagine they're going to have a very rough road. Not to mention (more importantly) the physical and emotional stress the whole family will be under in the months to come. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers in the days to come as they meet with the doctors and discuss what stage she is at and what kind of treatment(s) she will need (she neglected to get a mammogram for the past four years so we don't think they caught it very early...ladies, get those mammograms!!!). I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer and they are a very strong-faith family, so I know they will appreciate any and all prayers sent their way.

Thanks so much!!!

As they say, when it rains, it pours.This family will be in my prayers.

Prayers said!

What a shame, prayers to them!

Prayers for all of them ~

UPDATE - My friend's MIL dragged her feet and insisted on a second (and then a third, and then a fourth) opinion after being told that it's in her best interest to have a double mastectomy (with reconstruction afterward). She was diagnosed two and a half months ago and after her latest consultation FINALLY has the surgery scheduled for September 25th. I'll be keeping my friend's 2-year-old son for two days so she can focus on her MIL and the initial recovery period. Please continue to say prayers for this family...thank you!!!

What is "Pray for This Family..."?

"Pray for This Family..." is a campaign organized by Pampered Chef to support families in need. We partner with local charities and organizations to identify families who are going through difficult times and provide them with emotional and financial support.

How can I participate in "Pray for This Family..."?

There are several ways to participate in "Pray for This Family...". You can make a donation through our website or attend one of our fundraising events. You can also volunteer your time and skills to help organize and run these events. Finally, you can spread the word and encourage others to get involved.

Who benefits from "Pray for This Family..."?

The families selected to receive support from "Pray for This Family..." are carefully chosen by our partnering organizations. They are families who are facing challenges such as illness, loss of income, or other difficult situations. Our goal is to provide them with the help and resources they need to overcome these challenges and thrive.

How are the funds raised through "Pray for This Family..." used?

All funds raised through "Pray for This Family..." go directly to the families in need. This may include covering medical expenses, providing groceries and household essentials, or helping with rent or bills. We ensure that every dollar is used to make a positive impact in the lives of these families.

Can I nominate a family to receive support from "Pray for This Family..."?

At this time, we work with our partnering organizations to identify families in need. However, you can reach out to these organizations and share information about a family that you believe could benefit from our support. We are always looking for new partnerships and ways to help those in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • esavvymom