• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Prayers for My Loved Ones - Can You Help?

In summary, Jennifer's mom is back in the hospital with a bad infection and her divorce is almost finalized. Her 14-year-old nephew has brain cancer and is in a different hospital for an unrelated problem. She is taking her GMAT test in two weeks.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
I know that I haven't updated you in awhile, so here goes...

My mom: She is back in the hospital, as of Sat night with a bad infection in her leg!:eek: She was back to work (not as a nurse, but in the office of the same agency) ....and things were going pretty well. Still going through PT, but this just puts her a few steps back. Also, her nasty divorce with my father is almost finalized, thank god! A few extra prayers for her all the way around are appreciated.

My 14 yr old nephew w/brain cancer: He's currently in a different hospital for a completely unrelated to his cancer (we think, anyway) problem...and had to have surgery last night to correct it. Something about some organism and needed to include infectious control:eek: ...and as for his cancer, it isn't spreading at this point, but the little strand that was left after surgery still is there even though he is months in to his radiation and chemo. Thoughts for Dylan are appreciated as well.

Now onto the third request, a much, much more simple request, in 2 weeks I am taking my GMAT test, I am really worried about it...then I will be applying to a grad school for their online MBA program since it is about an hour away.

Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't been on much lately. :angel:

Jennifer,

I'll keep your mom and Dylan in my prayers - what a tough road around for everyone. And also good luck with your test - I'm sure you'll do great!

Jennifer-I will keep you all in my prayers!!!

Jennifer,
Thanks for the updates.....your family has had alot of difficulties - I will keep praying for all - and specifically also for your test! Get lots of rest!

I will try to remember to keep praying for you and your family - please keep us posted!

...and good luck on the test - you will do GREAT!

Thanks all! I took the day off from work yesterday to make my rounds to both hospitals, and then to my nephews benefit dinner, which was a HUGE success!! :)We still aren't sure when he will be released from the hospital, but my mom is heading home today with a PIC line, so that she can continue 3 more weeks of her IV antibiotic from home.Thanks again!

Glad you could be there to support them.When is that test?

Will keep each of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer, you have alot on your plate! Prayers to mom and Dylan...and of course to the test genie!

Jennifer~

Sorry to hear that your mom is STILL dealing with this..and your nephew- poor guy! Prayers for them both!

I pray that you are able to have a sense of peace about your test coming up, that you will have restful sleep beforehand, and abounding knowledge when you are taking the test!!

Keep us posted on everything!

Jennifer--I will keep your family in my prayers. It is tough when your loved ones are having difficult times. Take care and keep us posted. And I will add you to my prayers too. :)

It's just about time for a POSITIVE update all around!! :)My test was yesterday, I got a 4.5 out of 6 on my essays and a 470 out of 800 on the main part....I was hoping for a 500, but oh well...I just hope it is good enough for the program I want to get into!My mom is managing, the line is a pain, but she did go back to work yesterday...she didn't want to push it with her new job.My nephew is home, and decided to sleep upstairs in his own bedroom, which is great!! For awhile now, he had been sleeping in a hospital bed that they brought into their living room on their first floor...so that is a huge step! There was a huge (and very successful) benefit dinner for him, so I am really happy with that. My brother and SIL decided to buy a puppy because dylan absolutely adored the therapy dog at the hospital. He is loving the dog, and always smiling....so great to see!Thanks again and sorry this got so long!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I hope that everyone is doing well....sorry that I haven't been around much, things have been crazy! I have a little update on everyone....I just submitted a fundraiser for my nephew, so I am active thru Feb at least, which is good I guess because I just recently made 15K... I just found out yesterday that I was accepted into the online master's program that I was hoping for....yay! I will begin in January.My nephew is holding up, but not doing the greatest :( ....the latest and greatest is a series of fractures throughout his back, they aren't sure if it is from the chemo, steroids, or the cancer in general. He is definitely depressed, I wish I knew what to do to get his spirits up and get him fighting the cancer more.My mom is doing alright as well, her leg is still bothering her quite a bit on a day to day basis, but she is managing at work, her desk job is going pretty well, although her heart is in actual nursing....but she just can't manage to stand/run around all day. Her and my father's divorce is also finalizing....so emotionally she is just torn apart, but managing.Thanks again to all....Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the update Jennifer - congratulations on your achievements! Sorry to hear that your nephew isn't doing so well - praying for him and your family. I hope he has a Merry Christmas! Hang in there and have a Happy Holiday as well:)

I will keep you all in my prayers. Good luck on your test! and better health for your family! Boy, they have been through it.

Jennifer~

Thanks for posting an update on everything! We miss you around here, but understand you are running in five directions at once!

I will keep praying for your nephew and your Mom...I certainly hope God will do a miracle for BOTH of them this Christmas!

Thanks Jennifer for the update. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!! Your nephew is a tough little guy!! Bless his heart!

Hi All - thanks for the PMs! I am doing pretty well - my class begins next week, so we'll see how that goes. My mom is doing well, still not 100%, but thankfully she is working and they have been great with assisting her. My nephew, not the greatest of news...he's been in the hospital for about a week now with a lot of respiratory problems, as well as a laundry list of others....and they have decided to discontinue chemo. The effects that it has had on his body are too much, and he was only on round 3 of 11...so they do not expect that he would ever make it through if they kept going with it. I just ask for a little prayer for my him and my family to re-coop from these latest hurdles, and enjoy and appreciate the time that we have left together, and not see it as a ticking time-bomb "death sentence."Thanks all.

Jen...I am glad that your Mom is doing OK, and very sad to hear that your nephew is not taking to the chemo. I certainly pray that he and your family is able to enjoy the time they have with him. God can still provide a miracle, but if that's not in His plan, He will also provide strength for what will come in the future.

Love,
Kelly

Thanks for updating us Jennifer. Your family is in my prayers. Good luck with school!

Jennifer - your nephew and mom are definitely in my prayers. Praying that God will see you through it all!

I always read your updates although I don't respond very much. I'm so sorry for your nephew and I'm glad your mom seems to be doing better. Good luck in the masters program!

Jennifer-My prayers are still with you all. Keep us posted.

Related to Need Prayers for My Loved Ones - Can You Help?

1. What is "Updated Prayer Requests...x3"?

"Updated Prayer Requests...x3" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where customers and consultants can submit prayer requests for themselves or loved ones. These requests are then shared with a community of prayer warriors who will lift the requests up in prayer.

2. How do I submit a prayer request?

To submit a prayer request, simply visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Updated Prayer Requests...x3" tab. From there, you can fill out a form with your name, email, and prayer request. You can also specify if you would like the request to be kept confidential or shared with the community.

3. Can I submit multiple prayer requests?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests. We understand that there may be multiple things weighing on your heart and we want to support you in any way we can.

4. Who will see my prayer request?

Your prayer request will only be seen by the Pampered Chef community of prayer warriors and those individuals who you choose to share your request with. Your privacy is important to us and we will not share your request without your permission.

5. Will I receive updates on my prayer request?

Yes, if you choose to share your contact information, we will provide updates on your prayer request. You can also request to be added to our email list for regular updates on the "Updated Prayer Requests...x3" program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill