• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Keep My Elderly Dad in Your Prayers During His Potential Heart Surgery?

In summary, Rae's father, Paul Black, had a mild coronary on Friday, October 26. They did a chemical stress test and they're now talking about possible open heart surgery. Rae's brother and she both live in Indiana, so they aren't there to help. Rae's mother is adamant that they not come down. However, I'm sure that Rae will be making the trip down before too long.
raebates
Staff member
My dad, Paul Black, had a mild coronary on Friday, October 26. I wasn't concerned because he's had several over the years. However, they did a chemical stress test, and they're now talking about possible open heart surgery.

Dad is 84. He lost his sight in 1990, and he doesn't hear well. Add these to your reaction to being in the hospital, and I'm sure you can imagine how frustrated and, frankly, angry he gets being there.

I ask that you keep him and my mom, Anita, in your prayers. The VA hospital he's in is about an hour and a half from their home. Mom stayed in a nearby hotel until last night, when she drove back home. She doesn't handle stress well.

They live in central Florida. My brother and I both live in Indiana, so we aren't there to help. Right now she is adamant that we not come down. I have a feeling, though, that I'll be making that trip before too long.

Thanks for your prayers.

Rae - I will keep your Dad, Mom, and you & your brother in my prayers.....

I'm so sorry to hear your family is going through this. You're all in my prayers!

Rae - I will keep your dad and your whole family in my prayers as well - take care at this stressful time.

Rae, your parents will be in my prayers.

Oh Rae...I am sorry that you and your family are going through this. I pray that God brings comfort to your Dad...my MIL is blind and has many health problems and she gets rather angry about dealing with anything too. I pray that God gives your Mom strength for each day, and that she asks for help when she needs it! Good luck to you and your brother, too...it's hard when they are so far away and dealing with problems!

{{{{{Love and Hugs to you!!}}}}}

Praying for your whole family Rae!

PrayingPraying for you and your whole family!!

Debbie :D

Rae....{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS GALORE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I have you and your family in my prayers. My feeling is that you will probably be going to Florida soon too. Our parents don't want to feel as if they are a burden, etc. but I tell them, that they took such good care of us so now it is our time to take good care of them. Keep in touch and let us know how he and everyone is doing.

Father God... we praise you that we can come boldly before you and lift up our dear friend Rae and her parents... you know their most basic need as well as these huge needs! Please heal Mr. Paul in your time ... and let it be our time as well if that be your will! Please give Mrs. Anita more strength to handle all this stress than she can even imagine having... YOU dear Lord can wrap your arms round about them both and give them Your peace... and for Rae and her brother ... please give them courage and strength as they wait and listen and pray. Give them wisdom to to know when to go and when to stay, what words of comfort to share with their mom and the patience and tenderness we all need in caring for Your saints! Jesus... be near and bless them as they surely have blessed others in their lives.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Mom finally got to talk to the doctor. They are probably not going to do open heart surgery. Dad isn't really a good candidate, and they aren't sure it would help because of the area of damage. His numbers are getting better.What they are now saying is that they will most likely keep him until his numbers stabilize where they should be. At that point, they'll release him so he can visit a cardiologist as an outpatient and discuss doing an angioplasty.I appreciate your continued prayers.

Rae,
thinking of you and sending prayers for all of you, It is so hard to be away when they need you.
Are you planning a trip to see your son anytime soon?
If you do we have to get together.
Teresa

Rae-you will all be added to my prayers. I hope it all turns out ok.
(((HUGS)))!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Rae,
thinking of you and sending prayers for all of you, It is so hard to be away when they need you.
Are you planning a trip to see your son anytime soon?
If you do we have to get together.
Teresa

Thank you. We aren't planning a trip down. He's coming up December 19. I can't wait.

Your Dad and the whole family are in my prayers! Keep us updated.

Keeping you your family in my prayers! (My mom's name is Anita too, what a great name!)

1. What is "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer"?

"Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" is a community-driven initiative where individuals can request prayers for their fathers who are going through a difficult time.

2. Who can participate in "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer"?

Anyone can participate in "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" by either submitting a prayer request for their own father or by praying for the fathers who are in need of support.

3. How do I submit a prayer request for my dad?

To submit a prayer request for your dad, simply fill out the form on the "Please Keep My Dad in Prayer" website with your name, your dad's name, and a brief description of what you would like prayers for. You can also include a photo of your dad if you wish.

4. Can I request prayers for someone else's dad?

Yes, you can request prayers for someone else's dad if you have their permission to do so. We believe in respecting the privacy of individuals and their families, so we ask that you only request prayers for someone else's dad if they have given you their permission.

5. How do I know if my dad's prayer request has been received?

After submitting a prayer request, you will receive a confirmation email from us. Your dad's prayer request will also be posted on our website for others to see and pray for. We encourage you to check back regularly for updates and to continue to keep your dad in prayer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • GourmetGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
pchockeymom