• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Ex-FIL and Ex-SIL: Wishing for Speedy Recoveries

In summary, DH and I took the kids over to the hospital today to visit ex-FIL and while there, come to find out ex-SIL is gravely ill with MRSA. She married into the family about 2yrs before I divorced out of the family so we didn't have much time to get to know each other all that well, but I certainly like her...Please keep them both in your prayers for speedy recoveries. Prayers for both of them, Carolyn.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
...for my ex-FIL and ex-SIL.
Ex-DH told me last night that his dad fell 15 ft off a ladder and broke his arm...is in the hospital & had to have surgery to put rods & screws in place. I have always adored my ex-FIL so it was rather upsetting to hear.
DH and I took the kids over to the hospital today to visit ex-FIL and while there, come to find out ex-SIL is gravely ill with MRSA. She married into the family about 2yrs before I divorced out of the family so we didn't have much time to get to know each other all that well, but I certainly like her...
Please keep them both in your prayers for speedy recoveries...

Prayers for both of them, Carolyn.

Yikes! Prayers for speedy recovery for them both!

They'll be in my prayers.

Wow! I am surprised that after a fall like that he only has a broken arm! Prayers for him coming from me. Also for XSIL too.

dannyzmom said:
...for my ex-FIL and ex-SIL.
Ex-DH told me last night that his dad fell 15 ft off a ladder and broke his arm...is in the hospital & had to have surgery to put rods & screws in place. I have always adored my ex-FIL so it was rather upsetting to hear.
DH and I took the kids over to the hospital today to visit ex-FIL and while there, come to find out ex-SIL is gravely ill with MRSA. She married into the family about 2yrs before I divorced out of the family so we didn't have much time to get to know each other all that well, but I certainly like her...
Please keep them both in your prayers for speedy recoveries...

Carolyn, I will keep everyone in my prayers. DH still likes most of his ex-in-laws, so I can understand how you feel! :) That was very nice of your DH to take the kids to see their grandpa today! :)

Sorry to hear about that, Carolyn. They'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Will do!

Glad to hear that your DH is supportive in this...it's hard with "ex" familys...just cuz you don't have a piece of paper saying you are married, it doesn't cut off all of your feelings for the people that you loved.

KellyTheChef said:
Will do!

Glad to hear that your DH is supportive in this...it's hard with "ex" familys...just cuz you don't have a piece of paper saying you are married, it doesn't cut off all of your feelings for the people that you loved.

Yeah, I am pretty lucky. My DH knows how close my ex-FIL and I were and how hard my divorce wason my ex-FIL. It's pretty funny...his other ex-DIL was there visiting as well (my ex-BIL's first wife). You've gotta know my ex-FIL is a GREAT guy if both his ex-DILs come to visit him in the hospital - LOL

How terrible, wishing them well, and a speedy recovery.

Yikes! What is your ex-SIL diagnosis? Is she responding to anti-biotics? Staph infections can be fatal!!!I hope both get better soon. My uncle fell off a ladder two stories up about 2 years before my dad died. He broke his humerous and had to have various pins and stuff - it was painful for him.Sounds like your ex-FIL is similar - I hope he heals well!

Okay - I'll be praying for sure Carolyn, but what is MRSA? (I must be the only one who can't figure it out?:confused: )

And, my mom was like that with my Grandpa (Her ex-FIL). She loved him, and he used to call to chat with her, up until his death.

DH has ex-inlaws, and his ex-BIL and his wife are actually some of our best friends! It's a little strange at weddings and graduations, etc.....but we make the best of it!

MRSA is basically a staph infection.

janetupnorth said:
MRSA is basically a staph infection.

Oh - okay! Just wondered what I was praying for!

...and to add to the family thing. My aunt and uncle divorced about 20 years ago. He was an uncle by marriage but he was still my uncle! He came to HS and college graduations for us, my wedding and my dad's funeral 2 1/2 years ago. Although my aunt has died, we still send him Christmas cards.The next guy she married though...well, let's just say he never took on the title "uncle"...

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - okay! Just wondered what I was praying for!

Go read up on it if you want. It is basically the bacteria that first became resistant to anti-biotics...

It can cause pneumonia and other things, but usually more of a skin infection...

It just depends how good her immune system is, and how serious her infection is...

pamperedlinda said:
Wow! I am surprised that after a fall like that he only has a broken arm! Prayers for him coming from me. Also for XSIL too.

Really! I broke my leg (3 places), total ankle dislocation, steel plate and 8 screws laters...bowling! I was the lucky one...they oiled the lanes and dripped oil on the approach...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers!

Kitchen2u said:
Really! I broke my leg (3 places), total ankle dislocation, steel plate and 8 screws laters...bowling! I was the lucky one...they oiled the lanes and dripped oil on the approach...

Prayers, prayers and more prayers!

I hope you at least picked up the spare on that one! :) OUCH!!!!!

Sending prayers your way!

Prayers being sent to them.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I'll be praying for sure Carolyn, but what is MRSA? (I must be the only one who can't figure it out?:confused: )

It's a staph infection that is resistant to antibiotics...they were calling it the "superbug" for a while.

dannyzmom said:
It's a staph infection that is resistant to antibiotics...they were calling it the "superbug" for a while.

M-methycillin
R-resistant
S-staph
A-aureus

Staph aureus is a common Staph bug~it is normal floura on your skin, but is not normal if it gets in your body. The drug of choice to treat it is of the Penicillin variety, but MRSA is resistant to those meds. It then requires large amounts of heavy duty antibiotics. It is treatable, it just takes longer than another infection that isn't resistant would.

See, Mom, that education did pay off!

Related to Prayers for Ex-FIL and Ex-SIL: Wishing for Speedy Recoveries

1. What is "Prayers for Two..." all about?

"Prayers for Two..." is a collection of prayers specifically designed for couples. It includes prayers for different situations and occasions, such as marriage, family, and difficult times.

2. Who is the author of "Prayers for Two..."?

The author of "Prayers for Two..." is unknown. The book is a compilation of prayers from various sources and has been curated by Pampered Chef.

3. Is "Prayers for Two..." only for married couples?

No, "Prayers for Two..." can be used by any couple, whether married or in a committed relationship. The prayers are meant to strengthen the bond and connection between two people.

4. Can the prayers be customized for specific couples?

Yes, "Prayers for Two..." includes general prayers that can be personalized by inserting the names of the couple or specific details about their relationship. This adds a personal touch to the prayers.

5. Are there any specific religious affiliations mentioned in "Prayers for Two..."?

No, "Prayers for Two..." is a non-denominational book and does not mention any specific religious affiliations. The prayers are meant to be inclusive and can be used by couples of any faith or belief system.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • khergatt
  • General Chat
Replies