• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asking for Prayers for Dezy and Also if You're so Kind.......

In summary, Lisa is asking for prayers for her friend's daughter Dezy, who has been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving due to various physical problems. Despite her challenges, Dezy has a beautiful personality. Lisa shares an email from Dezy's mom stating that her future is uncertain and they are celebrating her life with a birthday party. Lisa also asks for people to send Dezy birthday cards, as it will make her smile and show the power of prayer and kindness from others. Others in the conversation also express their willingness to send cards and good wishes to Dezy.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've again asked for prayers for my friend's daughter Dezy!! Some of you might remember previous posts…..she's been in and out of the hospital since Thanksgiving and she's going to be 18 on June 13th, can’t believe that!!

What's really special about Dezy is that she's got allot of physical problems and mentally she's about 7 or 8, but she's got the most beautiful personality. Just to name a few of her problems, she's got curvature of the spine, poly-cystic kidney disease and now some of her organs are starting to shut down due to some of the other issues.

I was up at their home on Sat. and she's been just laying there not responding to things and I came in with our new puppy Marshmellow and she sat right up and kept saying Puppy Puppy. Joy said that's first she's pulled herself up to sitting in probably 2 weeks. She usually needs help to move.

Here’s part of an email Joy sent to friends and family………we have been told that her future doesn't look like it is going to be a smooth uneventful trip. As many of you know she has been hospitalized twice for long periods of time and there are still few answers. The only thing we have had answered is her future is limited and is in God's hands, as are, really all of ours. She has had several organs that have decided to stop doing what they were intended to do. Because of this her day to day care has become more complicated for us and agitated for her. At this date and time she is holding her own but due to this on going uncertainty and the fact that she gets seriously ill. The one thing that we do want to do this year is celebrate her life.
The family is having a family and close friend birthday party this weekend and I'm hoping people here will shower Dezy with birthday cards. She loves bright things and has cards up that my kids have made her and she looks at them all day.

If you would be so kind as to mail them to her, the address is:

Dezy Mower
RR 2 Box 2409
Hallstead PA 18822

or if you wanted, mail them to me and I'll personally deliver them......

Lisa McVaugh
RR 1 Box 1369
Hallstead PA 18822

Thanks again,

Lisa

What a great idea Lisa! I will gladly send a card to Dezy - her birthday is the same as my cousin Sue who passed away 16 years ago at the age of 20. I miss being able to say Happy Birthday to her but will gladly send good wishes to Dezy. Good luck!

Gina,
Thanks so much, I know each card she gets will make her smile, but not only that, it'll also show the family the power of Prayer and God's caring in others even though they are far away and not knowing them personally.

God Bless,

Lisa

I will send a card her way too---actually i will send it to you to pass to her! ;)

Dear Lisa,Thank you for sharing Dezy's story with us. It is heartwarming to hear about her beautiful personality despite her physical and mental challenges. I will definitely keep her in my prayers and send her a birthday card. It's amazing to see how much joy a simple thing like a puppy can bring to someone's life. I truly believe that love and positivity can work wonders.I am also a Pampered Chef consultant and I would be honored to send Dezy a little gift from our collection. Please let me know if there is anything in particular that she would enjoy, and I will make sure to include it in the package.Thank you for being a caring and supportive friend to Dezy and her family. I will continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers.Sincerely,

1. Can you please tell me who Dezy is and why prayers are needed?

Dezy is a dear friend and colleague of ours who is currently battling a serious illness. We are asking for prayers for her strength, healing, and comfort during this difficult time.

2. Is there a specific way we should pray for Dezy?

While we appreciate any and all prayers, we ask that you pray for Dezy's overall well-being and for the best possible outcome for her health.

3. How can I stay updated on Dezy's condition?

We will do our best to keep everyone updated on Dezy's progress, but for privacy reasons, we will not be sharing specific details about her condition. We ask for your understanding and continued prayers for her recovery.

4. Can I send cards or gifts to Dezy?

While we appreciate the thought, Dezy has requested that any gifts or cards be sent to our office instead. We will make sure to pass them along to her and her family.

5. How else can I help support Dezy during this time?

In addition to prayers, we ask for your understanding, patience, and continued support for Dezy and her family. Any kind words or gestures of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • ChefBeckyD