• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My SIL and Newborn Nephew: Sending Love from Texas to Belgium

even though I knew she was with me in spirit, it was still really special to have her there in person.I told relatives they had to give us 48 hours, then they could come. :DI'm glad my Mom was closer than Belgium though! I really appreciated all of her help in the days following his birth.
ahammons
My BIL just called to let me know that they are at the hospital and my nephew will be born today! :D Please keep my SIL in your prayers ... she is from Belgium and they are stationed in Texas right now, so I know she is a little disappointed that her mom can't be there with her.

I have said a prayer. I could not imagine going through child birth without knowing my mom is not right outside the door.

Thanks Jennifer!

My MIL was the only one who made it (we lived 6 hours away) in time for our first, but our second came so quickly that no one had even left yet! lol It was weird to go through without family there, but I knew they were on their way... I couldn't imagine knowing they were in another country. (Her parents aren't planning on coming until February) She is very close to her mom, so I know this is hard for her.

I will say some prayers. I love new babies!

Well, she's a little over 5cm now and they just broke her water....

jrstephens said:
I have said a prayer. I could not imagine going through child birth without knowing my mom is not right outside the door.

Oh, believe me I can!

Mom outside the door for childbirth would be stress I did not need.

I told relatives they had to give us 48 hours, then they could come. :D

janetupnorth said:
Oh, believe me I can!

Janet! We do live parallel lives!:D :D :D We told parents we would call them after the baby was born, then they'd be welcome to come!

We really wanted it to be a special time as we started our family. The only ones in the room were me, DH, the Dr. and her nurse. I know so many people whose whole family is there, and even in the room with them ~ that just wasn't for me.

I'm glad my Mom was closer than Belgium though! I really appreciated all of her help in the days following his birth.

janetupnorth said:

I missed my family, but I don't know if I'd actually want them there! lol When my sister had her DD, our whole family was there -- that would have driven me nuts!

ChefBeckyD said:
We really wanted it to be a special time as we started our family. The only ones in the room were me, DH, the Dr. and her nurse. I know so many people whose whole family is there, and even in the room with them ~ that just wasn't for me.

That's exactly how I feel! There's no way I'd let anyone besides DH, the Dr and nurses in the room! :D

ahammons said:
That's exactly how I feel! There's no way I'd let anyone besides DH, the Dr and nurses in the room! :D
A good friend of mine's daughter just had her first child - in the room was the DH, both Grandmas, a Grandpa, and 2 sisters....plus a great grandma & great grandpa - what a zoo! I'm sorry, but I don't care how Momentus the occasion - I don't want that many people staring at me with my legs in stirrups, with everything out there to see.

The minute my son was a very special moment for DH and me ~ it was beautiful, and magical, and I'm so glad we did things the way that we did.

We finally have our nephew!! :D He was born a little before 8pm. I can't wait to see pictures!

Congratulations on the new nephew!!!!

(Yeah, grandparents may have changed my diapers, but they don't need to see THAT anymore...oh wait, we had no grandparents alive then...anyway, my DAD didn't need to see that!). The help LATER was appreciated but not the first 48 hours...

Steve got to deliver Sammie so that was special for him. He was going to deliver Kyle too but the cord was wrapped so tight and he was stressing so much we told the doctor to handle it to be safe.

jrstephens said:
Gosh, I sure wish I could have had my Mom with me, but I didn't have my Mom with me for either of my births! I never in my wildest imaginations would have thought she wouldn't have been there when I was young and use to daydream about when I'd become a Mom and my Mom was always in those day dreams, but in reality, she lived too far away! :(

Ashlee~ your SIL is in my prayers!:angel: ;)

ahammons said:
We finally have our nephew!! :D He was born a little before 8pm. I can't wait to see pictures!

Congratulations! Mom and baby are doing well?

Congratulations on your new nephew! What's his name?

Okay, finally got another update... His name is Zachary Albert, he was 8lb 5oz and 19 1/2 in (the exact length as my youngest when he was born, but almost a pound heavier - he's a little chunk lol) I haven't seen pictures yet, but my BIL said he has lots of black hair. :) He's doing great.

Please keep my SIL in your prayers. She was trying to deliver, but they ended up doing a C-section. She was so scared that my BIL had to call her parents in Belgium to calm her down. She's in a post op room now, and they're giving her magnesium to lower her blood pressure. But he said that she's feeling no pain because of all the drugs! lol She really hasn't had a chance to hold him much yet, so I'm praying that she'll be able to soon.

Okay, I just saw pictures... he's so cute!! :D

I wanted to save them to my computer, but it won't let me... I think he e-mailed them from his phone.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! I'll be praying for her...

As for me, I've never had the option for any of my family to be present. My first was born in England, and my second was born in Japan. My dad has always flown over about a week after births, though.

Ashlee,

Great name! (I have a Zachary as well:) - good luck to your sister-in-law with her recovery from her c-section - I've had 3 and they wipe you out! She'll definitely need help with even the simplest of things at home. Enjoy your new nephew!

Thank you! They live in Texas, so it may be a while before I get to see him. :( I'd fly down there in a heartbeat if DH wasn't coming home next month... we still have to buy his plane tickets! lol Maybe I can talk him into making a trip while he's back, or me and the boys can go after he heads back to Korea. :)

Congratulations on the birth of Zach! We will be praying for your family through all the upcoming days. :)

Related to Prayers for My SIL and Newborn Nephew: Sending Love from Texas to Belgium

1. What is "Prayers for My Sil"?

"Prayers for My Sil" is a collection of prayers specifically written for sisters-in-law. It is meant to provide comfort, support, and love for any sister-in-law going through a difficult time.

2. Who can use "Prayers for My Sil"?

Anyone can use "Prayers for My Sil" to pray for their sister-in-law, whether they are a family member, friend, or acquaintance. The prayers are meant to be universal and applicable to any sister-in-law that may be in need of support.

3. Is "Prayers for My Sil" only for Christian sister-in-laws?

No, "Prayers for My Sil" is meant for anyone regardless of their religious beliefs. The prayers are written in a universal and non-denominational way, so anyone can use them to pray for their sister-in-law.

4. Can I personalize the prayers for my sister-in-law?

Yes, you can personalize the prayers by adding your sister-in-law's name or specific details about their situation. This can make the prayers more meaningful and relevant to your sister-in-law's specific needs.

5. Are there any specific occasions when "Prayers for My Sil" can be used?

"Prayers for My Sil" can be used for any occasion when your sister-in-law may need extra love, support, or prayers. This can include times of illness, loss, or any other difficult situation. The prayers can also be used as a daily reminder to send positive thoughts and prayers to your sister-in-law.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MamaChef
  • chefpenny99