• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Parents Killed Newborn Survives Train Wreck

that is so sad! I feel for the baby and the family. I pray for strength for them all.This is so tragic! I am sending prayers their way.
PamperedCaniac
I do not know this family however, the area is about 30 mins from my home and I ask that everyone lift this baby and their family in your prayers! Please! God hears all prayers!

Parents killed, newborn survives car, train wreck

Posted: Today at 11:24 a.m.
Updated: 23 minutes ago

Princeton, N.C. — The parents of a 6-day-old boy were killed Friday morning when their car was hit by a freight train in Johnston County, authorities said. The infant survived the wreck.

The wreck occurred along U.S. Highway 70 Alternate outside of Princeton. Authorities said the car tried to cross the rail line at Herring Road when the train hit it.

The Norfolk Southern train, which was loaded with coal, pushed the car about a quarter-mile down the track before coming to a stop, authorities said.

Brandon Brady, 25, and Crystal Higgins, 22, who were engaged to be married, were killed in the wreck. Witnesses said Brady pulled up to the rail crossing and tapped his brakes but didn't stop and was hit immediately as he pulled onto the tracks.

Authorities estimated the train was traveling at 17 to 20 mph and that the wreck was caused by a combination of Brady initially not seeing the train and then trying to beat it to the crossing. The crossing has no warning lights or crossbars to indicate a train is approaching and to block access.

Higgins was sitting in the back seat of the car with her infant son, Skyler, when the car was hit, authorities said. The baby wasn't in a car seat – it's unclear whether Higgins was holding the child or the baby was lying on the back seat – and was thrown from the vehicle upon impact, authorities said.

Skyler landed in a grassy area about 100 yards from the point of impact. He was taken to WakeMed, but there was no word on his condition Friday afternoon.

A family friend said the couple in the car was taking the newborn to his first visit to the pediatrician when they were killed.

I am so saddened to read this. I will keep the families and especially baby Skyler in my prayers.

Thank you, I do not know this family at all, but it just hurts my heart and makes me so sad! I guess since I have a 4 month old and a newbon niece, that it hurts more. So sad!

Prayers going up....

So sad, and heartbreaking. Hopefully, that baby will find a happy home.

Oh dear Lord! That is horrible...I pray that Skyler is surrounded by Godly people and that God provides for him in every way imaginable. What a tragedy!

Oh wow, that's tragic. The poor little baby will be in my prayers.

So sad, sending prayers their way.

More prayers coming. How sad!

So So sad the poor little baby...

Wow... so very, very sad

Oh my word! How awful! I will be keeping this child in my prayers so much. How devastating.

This very much hurts my heart.

I am also keeping the baby in my thoughts.

What a terrible tragedy! I have thought about Skyler and the family of each of the parents that died all day. I work for the hospital where baby Skyler was taken and all I want to do is going up there rock that baby and hum sweet lullabies to him

onegr8son said:
What a terrible tragedy! I have thought about Skyler and the family of each of the parents that died all day. I work for the hospital where baby Skyler was taken and all I want to do is going up there rock that baby and hum sweet lullabies to him

My BF mom works in the Pediatric Dept there too and it is so sad! I just cannot stop thinking about the whole situation! I worked in the medical/radiology field at another hospital in Raleigh and for a private company in the Raleigh area and seeing children injured hurt so badly!

Oh this is such a very sad story. I will be praying for the little baby as well as the rest of his family.

How sad!! Does anyone know how the baby is?

Wow - That is just awefull!!! How horrible!! That poor baby and family!

Prayers being said

Prayers as well.

This is a horrible tragedy! Prayers be with the families.

I am glad to read that the baby was in a car seat. My question is why aren't there any lights or rails at this intersection? We don't have a lot of trains in our area but it seems to me this may have been avoided.

Oh my heart just broke, there just are no words.:(:( I pray God walks by that the families sides durring their unthinkable losses. This is so tragic, that poor sweet baby boy, I pray he sleeps sweetly in the hands of God.:(

buckeyefan08 said:
This is a horrible tragedy! Prayers be with the families.

I am glad to read that the baby was in a car seat. My question is why aren't there any lights or rails at this intersection? We don't have a lot of trains in our area but it seems to me this may have been avoided.

In Ut there are so many crossings that some do not have lights or rails. You just need to look both ways before crossing.

So sad!! Prayers for the family.

Horrible!! MEAN, EVIL PEOPLE!

http://www.1270wmpm.com/pages/localnews.html

Thieves Steal From Family Killed In Train Collision
Less than three weeks after a Princeton couple was tragically killed in a collision with a train, relatives have reported someone has burglarized their home. Brannon Brady, Crystal Higgins, and their infant son, Skylar, died in the collision at the Herring Road rail crossing August 29. Brady’s father, Ricky Brady, alerted deputies to a break-in at his deceased son’s home on Herring Road this week. Someone broke into the residence between Sunday and Tuesday taking $1,945 in property including a video game system, flat screen TV, and DVD collection. Sheriff’s detectives have been assigned to the case.

Someone needs to be severely punished. Come on, people! Have some decency!

That is truly a sad story! Am I the only one going where was this babies car seat???? WHAT thats crazy... I never have taken my kids out of there seat while the car was moving.

Jenni said:
That is truly a sad story! Am I the only one going where was this babies car seat???? WHAT thats crazy... I never have taken my kids out of there seat while the car was moving.
Referencing the news article in post #26 - the baby was in a car seat.

ChefBeckyD said:
Referencing the news article in post #26 - the baby was in a car seat.

That makes me feel so much better... only read the first few posts! Thanks...
So very sad that this poor baby and it's lived such a short life

every time I see this thread I mis-read it as the parents killed their newborn....

so very sad.

1. How did the train wreck happen?

The parents' car attempted to cross a rail line without warning lights or crossbars, and was hit by a Norfolk Southern train traveling at 17-20 mph.

2. What happened to the parents?

The parents, Brandon Brady and Crystal Higgins, were killed in the wreck.

3. Was anyone else in the car?

The couple's 6-day-old son, Skyler, was in the back seat of the car without a car seat. He was thrown from the vehicle upon impact and taken to the hospital.

4. How is the baby doing?

There is no update on the condition of the infant, Skyler, who was taken to the hospital after the wreck.

5. How did the community respond to the tragedy?

The community was asked to lift the baby and his family in their prayers, and a family friend shared that the couple was taking their newborn son to his first pediatrician visit when the accident occurred.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies