• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help With Prayers for My MIL's Cancer Diagnosis?

{{{HUGS}}}I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL - I know how difficult it can be to lose a loved one. I'm glad you have your mom and you all get along great.
jbachen
So, I occasionally read through these prayer requests, but rarely respond, because first of all, they depress me, but secondly because I am not very religious, so I just add everyone in need to my own thoughts and well wishes, which is sort of my way of praying, I guess... But right now I need all the help I can get, so I am writing to ask for it.

My MIL had her annual gynecological exam recently, and they found cancer. We really don't know much right now - but of course they are scheduling surgery right away, most likely to do a complete hysterectomy, and then they will proceed from there.

My Mom passed away 5.5 years ago, and my MIL really took me in and became my substitute Mom - I mean, she always was that way, I just felt it more since my own Mother passed. Even though the summer the twins were born when she stayed with us for a month she: broke my stoneware bar pan, put my ice cream scooper in the dishwasher, and ripped my old kitchen shears holder off my cabinet, I still love her dearly, and I want so much for her to be OK. :eek: :(

Sorry this got so long, but if you would all add her to your thoughts and prayers then I will feel like she has a strong team backing her up. Thanks!

Oh Jean - Prayers are send your way with HUGS!

Prayers coming your way!

Jean~

I pray that she has a complete and quick recovery!

{{{HUGS}}}

I'll say prayers for all of you.

Hey, everyone, thanks for the prayers! They worked! She actually does not have cancer, just cancerous cells... She has been very good about getting her annual exams done, so they caught them in time, and it will be a fairly simple procedure to remove them. But it just goes to show how important it is for ladies to keep up with their annual exams!!

Why did I cry when I read this about your MIL? Maybe because we recently went through the same thing with mine and it was so fresh in my heart. So happy for you and her for the continued presence in your life and the twins too! Prayer is the outreaching of souls to one another and to God. However you can do it! Keep it up.

Happy to hear this Jean - and glad she's been on the ball with her exams. Enjoy your MIL and her company - you're lucky to have her. I lost mine over 10 years ago only a few years into my marriage.

Gina M said:
Happy to hear this Jean - and glad she's been on the ball with her exams. Enjoy your MIL and her company - you're lucky to have her. I lost mine over 10 years ago only a few years into my marriage.

I am so sorry to hear you no longer have your MIL... I am very lucky to have mine. She is not my own Mom, but she is a good egg. She recently moved from Vegas to NC, so at least now she is on the same coast we are! I am hoping we can see more of her now that we can drive to a visit rather than fly! :)

Prayers will be said! Keep your chin up girl!

jbachen said:
I am so sorry to hear you no longer have your MIL... I am very lucky to have mine. She is not my own Mom, but she is a good egg. She recently moved from Vegas to NC, so at least now she is on the same coast we are! I am hoping we can see more of her now that we can drive to a visit rather than fly! :)

Thanks Jean - yes I feel sad that I don't have her especially for my husband's sake. She was extremely ill the whole time I knew her (6 1/2 years) and died at the young age of 66 - had many heart attacks, breast cancer, and eventually emphysema. I'm lucky I still have my mom - she's only 64 and in great health and we are extremely close. She is a second mom to my husband as well which he really likes.

1. What type of cancer does Mil have?

Mil has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

2. How serious is Mil's cancer?

The severity of Mil's cancer will vary depending on the stage and type of cancer, as well as her individual response to treatment. It is important to support her with love and prayers during this difficult time.

3. What treatments is Mil undergoing for her cancer?

Mil's treatment plan will be determined by her medical team and may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a combination of these treatments.

4. How can I help support Mil during her cancer journey?

There are many ways to support Mil during this challenging time. You can offer emotional support, help with errands or household tasks, or simply be there to listen. Prayers are also greatly appreciated.

5. Is there anything else we can do to support Mil?

Aside from offering prayers and emotional support, you can also consider donating to cancer research organizations in Mil's name or participating in local fundraising events for cancer awareness. Every little bit helps in the fight against cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies