• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Journey of Grief: My Best Friend's Mom and Colon Cancer

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's best friend's mother who was diagnosed with colon cancer and given 90 days to live. However, she lived for 2 extra years and was able to see her grandchild born. The cancer eventually spread to her liver and the speaker's friend informed them that her mother only had minutes to live. The speaker expresses feeling helpless and offers support and love to their friend. Others in the conversation offer prayers and support as well.
Carissidy
I know this doesnt have anything to do with anything on here, just feeling totally helpless. :( My best friends mother was diagnosed with colon cancer, she was given 90 days to live, 2 years ago this month. Thank the Lord she was here all the extra time to see her grandbaby born. She tried to use modern medicine and natural and seemed to be doing better. Meanwhile, it moved to her liver and she was too far into the cancer that it was pretty much a waiting game. And then the day I dreaded arrived, my bf just text messaged me and said her mom has minutes to live...:cry: I am so grief stricken right now and feel completely helpless, I let her know I was here if there was anything I could do and I told her I love her...I just wish that I could help her to feel better but I know it's something that will come in time especially for her because she doesnt deal well with her feelings... :cry: Sorry... just had to vent:(

Angie....{HUGS}

Praying for you & your friend's family.

Oh how sad, times like these can be so hard. Hang in there. All you can do is lend your shoulder and ears.

{{{hugs}}} You sound like an awesome friend and being there is the best gift you can give your friend right now.

Angela I'm sorry. You and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to those who have posted, it sure is nice to have all your support right now. I really appreciate it!

Angela... I pray that you can continue to be God's hands and feet to your friend and I pray that God gives you all the strength and courage and peace that you need to carry on in being such a dear and treasured friend. May you be blessed as you are blessing others!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} Angela, know that we are praying for your friend and her family and for you! You are the strength she'll need in the next few weeks especially. How awesome that God has placed you there for her at this time. Take care of yourself!

So sorry to hear that Angela. You are a great friend and your bf is very lucky to have you!!

My thougths and prayers are with you!!! Please keep posting if you are feeling blue....we're all here for you!

I love this site....we're like one big happy family! :)

Take care.......

What inspired you to write "A Journey of Grief: My Best Friend's Mom and Colon Cancer"?

The passing of my best friend's mom from colon cancer inspired me to write this book. It was a difficult and emotional experience, but I wanted to share our journey and honor her memory.

Is this book only for those who have lost a loved one to cancer?

No, this book is for anyone who has experienced grief or knows someone who has. While the story focuses on cancer, the emotions and struggles described are universal to the grieving process.

How does this book offer support and guidance for those going through the grieving process?

The book shares personal experiences and coping mechanisms that helped us navigate through the grief. It also includes practical tips and resources for self-care and honoring the memory of a loved one.

Can this book help someone who is currently caring for a loved one with cancer?

Yes, the book offers insight and understanding into the emotional toll of caring for a loved one with cancer. It also provides suggestions for self-care and ways to support the caregiver during this difficult time.

What message do you hope readers take away from this book?

I hope readers will find comfort and validation in their own grief journeys, and know that they are not alone. I also hope the book brings awareness to the importance of early detection and prevention of cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • jasonmva