• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for a Grieving Family: Coping with the Loss of Their 11-Year-Old Son

In summary, the family of a high school friend of mine and her family recently lost their 11-year-old son. The cause of death is unknown, but the family is grateful for their two sons who are 14 and 8. My prayers are with them. A young woman was killed in a car crash this week, and six other people died.
apriljc
I just had to share with all of my fellow PC's. A high school friend of mine and her family also belongs to my church just recently lost their 11 year old son, and not sure of the causes. Her and her husband also have two other boys afes 14 and 8. I feel so bad for this family. It makes me count my blessing for my two boys and pray for their safety. So I am asking that you please keep this family in your prayers.

April that is so sad, please know they are in my prayers. It does make you grateful for all we have. When I go to bed tonight I will be giving my son an extra kiss tonight.

Keep family in your prayersMy prayers are with this family ..I also have a son the same age .:) :) :)

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do!!! :::Hugs to the family:::

How devastating. They are in my prayers.

THat is so awful. When things like that happen, you just want to squeeze your kids & never let go!
I know how you feel....last week at my church is was said that a girl I went to high school with--her little boy (5) had to have surgery this week for cancer in his kidney. I haven't yet heard how it went, hopefully this morning we'll find out.

Thank you for sharing with us. I'll be sure to remember the family in my prayers.

Also the little boy with cancer...

Thank you for all of your prayers. Lacey, keep us updated on the child. Cancer is a terrible thing for anyone but on a child it just breaks my heart.

This just breaks my heart. I will be praying for the family and the child w/cancer. We had a terrible accident in are area this week. Six young people died in a crash (ages 14 to 20) - the SUV burst into flames. One of the young women was 6 months pregnant. It is just so awful.

My prayers are with all the families involved in these tragedies. I pray they stay strong even when they don't understand God's will. I also have a son who is 11. I'm going to hug him now.....

That is so sad, I will keep that family in my prayers as well... and I think I am going to give mylittle girl extra kisses tonight, before I head to bed!!!

apriljc said:
Thank you for all of your prayers. Lacey, keep us updated on the child. Cancer is a terrible thing for anyone but on a child it just breaks my heart.

We were told that they got all the cancer without removing the organ, but he'll have to go thru chemo. Still good news though! Thanks for thinking of them too!

Related to Prayers for a Grieving Family: Coping with the Loss of Their 11-Year-Old Son

1. How can I support a grieving family who has lost their 11-year-old son?

First and foremost, offer your condolences and let the family know that you are there for them. You can also support them by bringing meals, offering to run errands, or simply being a listening ear.

2. Should I mention the son who passed away in my prayers?

Yes, it is important to acknowledge the son and his passing in your prayers. You can pray for the family's strength and healing, as well as for the son's peace and eternal rest.

3. Is it appropriate to bring up memories of the son in my prayers?

Bringing up memories of the son can be a comforting and healing part of your prayers. It shows that you care and are remembering him in a positive way.

4. How can I pray for the family's grieving process?

You can pray for the family's emotional healing and strength as they cope with the loss of their son. You can also pray for them to find comfort and peace in their memories and for the community to support them during this difficult time.

5. Are there any specific prayers or verses that I can share with the grieving family?

It may be helpful to share a comforting prayer or verse with the family, such as Psalm 34:18 which says "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." You can also offer to pray with the family or share any other prayers or verses that have brought you comfort during difficult times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
byrd1956