• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Loss of a Family Friend! Prayers for His Wife...

In summary, Christian Skoglund, 31, from Racine, WI died in a Blackhawk crash in Italy while on a training mission. His wife, Janet, and friends are holding a memorial service for him in Italy on Thursday.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I received news of this at 9 a.m. while I was in IL and just got home and online now.

Please pray for the Skoglund family in Racine, WI. They just loss their 31 year old son in a Blackhawk crash in Italy. We heard it was a training mission.

Christian leaves behind and wife and was just married last year. See the link below for their wedding photos:

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/realweddings/weddingview.aspx?id=15206&MsdVisit=1

My DH has gone to church with Christian since he was born, I've known him since I was about 16 (he was in my younger brother's grade).

So sorryI am so sorry Janet. I will lift that family and your family up in my prayers.
That is so sad.

Debbie :D

So sad.....I will be praying for his family.

I'm so sorry to hear this. All of you are in my prayers!

Oh Janet, my heart hurts for her. All our years in the military the hardest thing for me are those wives and children left after the soldiers death. I will pray for Christian's wife.

Last edited:
http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2007/11/08/local_news/doc473346ff74466097013087.txt

I'm so sorry. I'll pray for the family and friends.

Oh this is so sad. I'm so sorry for everyone, but especially his wife. I pray God will comfort her.

I can't even begin to imagine losing my DH. I feel for her and will be praying for her and the family. So sorry to hear about this.

Oh my. They are all in our prayers. What a beautiful couple. I cannot imagine her grief.

this is so sad; the crash was the front page article on today's "stars and stripes" newspaper here.

I am so sorry, Janet. I hate these stories. He was married in Potsdam, NY which is only about 30 miles from where I work (in the sticks...that is like just across town in a city!!)
What a beautiful young couple. Was he stationed with the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum?
I am so very, very sad. Such brave men and women give their lives up every day...whether it is a training mission or war (whether we agree or not with it). Life is precious and fragile.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

baychef said:
I am so sorry, Janet. I hate these stories. He was married in Potsdam, NY which is only about 30 miles from where I work (in the sticks...that is like just across town in a city!!)
What a beautiful young couple. Was he stationed with the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum?
I am so very, very sad. Such brave men and women give their lives up every day...whether it is a training mission or war (whether we agree or not with it). Life is precious and fragile.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm not sure, but somewhere in Italy was his recent assignment after spending 2 years in Korea (before they got married).

I didn't make it to the wedding but my best friends did (Chad is Christians cousin so they made the trip out). They said it was an absolutely beautiful wedding! ...and he loves flying Blackhawks.

My thoughts & prayers are with your family and theirs. So sad and tragic.

My DH is in the Army reserves, and once was stationed at Ft. Drum. They told him he is doing his annual training next year in Italy, but he seems to think they are telling him that so his unit won't get out....hence my hubby wants to get out for good!

Love and thoughts are with you....

I am so sorry Janet - what a lovely couple they made.

So sorry for your loss. My prayers are for you and his family.

Well, we got word today that he will be buried at Arlington. Don't know when yet. There is a memorial service for all of them in Italy on Thursday.

A total of 6 died so far.

I'm hoping to maybe let my husband go out there for the funeral - we'll see...

1. How can I offer support and condolences to the wife of a family friend who passed away?

You can offer support and condolences to the wife of your family friend by sending a heartfelt card or letter, making a donation to a charity in the name of the deceased, attending the funeral or memorial service, or simply reaching out to her with a phone call or visit.

2. What are some appropriate ways to express sympathy for the loss of a family friend?

Some appropriate ways to express sympathy for the loss of a family friend include sending flowers, preparing a meal for the mourning family, sharing a fond memory or story about the deceased, offering a listening ear and words of comfort, and sending a thoughtful gift or gesture to show you care.

3. How can I help the wife of a family friend cope with her loss?

You can help the wife of your family friend cope with her loss by offering your support and assistance with practical tasks such as running errands, helping with household chores, or providing transportation. Additionally, you can be a source of emotional support by simply being there for her and listening without judgment.

4. Is it appropriate to attend the funeral or memorial service for a family friend I didn't know well?

It is generally considered appropriate to attend the funeral or memorial service for a family friend, even if you did not know the deceased well. Your presence can offer support and comfort to the mourning family and show your respect for their loss.

5. What are some ways to honor the memory of a family friend who has passed away?

Some ways to honor the memory of a family friend who has passed away include making a donation to a cause or organization that was important to them, planting a tree or memorial garden in their name, creating a photo album or memory book, or participating in a charity event or fundraiser in their honor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Gina M
  • General Chat
Replies