• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Have a New Addition to Our Family!

Sat and she is doing good but I feel like I'm a single mom now.This is definitely a challenging situation. It's good that you were able to get her the transfusion and that she is doing well now. Good luck!We brought home a new puppy and our cat is not too thrilled!
Cookin Kristen
Wasn't sure where to post this, but decided here was as good as any! I could of put it under PRAYER too, cuz we are gonna need it! LOL :rolleyes: We got a new dog! Oh my he is a hand full! He is a 10 month old Yellow Lab named "Cash". The sad thing is....Cash has been in 4 homes in the last 4 days! Not because he is bad....the first home the lady didn't tell her DH, the second was too rambuctious for her other dog, the third scared her 6 and 7 y/o DD and then to us! We are thrilled to have him even though the previous owner never said "NO" or maybe they said it in another language. We are trying to figure that one out! The problem I am having is My wonderful, darling, favorite Cat "Zora" (she is reading this as I type) is not too thrilled! I think she will come around once he calms down a little ( I hope) Has anyone been in this situation? How long does it usually take for them to get used to each other? Cash wants to play and Zora isn't having it! :mad: Sorry so long, just needed some advice and you guys are so good at giving it! Thank you in advance! :cool:

We adopted a yellow lab when he was 6 months old. He had been through a similar situation, so by the time we got him he was NUTS!!! He just turned four and I couldn't imagine our home without him. My DD is in love with him!As for your cat, she'll come around. She is used to being the queen bee around your home, so give her some time. Good luck!

I appreciate the encouragement. Zora has definitley been the Queen Bee around here! I think we may try to do more introductions later today. :eek:

We brought 10 week old Golden Retreiver puppy home to our (former) beloved Gus and Weasel...those cats wanted nothing to do with Spirit, and he just wanted to play with them. After 3 years of watching our poor dog try to play with them, and they'd either hiss, spit or claw at him and then run and hide, we went out and bough Spirit a friend.

Gus passed away in 2004 and Weasel passed away in 2007. We brought Camilla Bean home in May of last year and she LOVES the dogs, they like her and they play with oneanother. I think because Gus and Weasel had been the kings of the castle with no other pets for so long- they never accepted the big furry doof that we brought home. By the time we added a second dog- the cats were plotting our demise and trying to sell the dogs on E-bay!

Best of luck with the adjustment.

Love yellow labs. We have a 10 month old yellow lab!! Her name is Isabel, Izzy!!

Thank you for all the encouragement! This will definitely be an adventure! vwpamperedchef thank you for the website! I will definitely check it out! Kitchen Diva- I think I caught Zora our cat on e-bay trying to set up and paypal account! She liked your cats idea! In time I think they will get along just fine.....or atleast thats what I keep telling myself...hehe StacieB aren't they fun! Last night...we actually decided to change his name to "Crash" still sounds like Cash, but he is like a Bull in a china cabinette. We were going to bed and he sleeps on a sleeping bag. He drug the sleeping bag down the hall....we followed quietly to see where he was going and he put it on the couch and got up there to sleep! He isn't dumb! Other than He knows he isn't allowed up there...lol

We've got 5 yellow labs - from aged 10 years to 10 months! :) The 2nd & 3rd oldest still haven't outgrown the puppy stage & they're 5 & 3 respectively.

Good luck! :)

Me too~Wonderful.... congrats! This is going to sound crazy but take her to the vet and get all shots in order. We adopted a four month puppy on Easter two weeks ago. She came home a happy crazy puppy. Three days after getting her and falling in love with her she woke up very sick. Took her to the vet (Thursday monring)and it turned out she had Parvo... on Sunday morning the lady at pet hospital told me she looked like a dieing dog and didn't think she was going to make it. :cry: she had one last hope a blood transfusion... our prayers were answered and it worked I brought her home this past Wed. :love: The whole point of my story is please please make sure you new family member is up to date on all shots. It was horrible and very very costly. My husband said I better sell alot of pots LOL

PS- I got her on Easter and paid for her to get all shots on Easter but she already had been exposed and wasn't showing signs yet! :grumpy:

WOW crystalscookingnow! Sounds like you have your hands full! We are gonna need all the luck we can. The cat is getting braver and wanting to see him more so thats a good sign! Jenni....thanks for giving me the heads up on the shots. He is actually up to date on his shots and we have his records. I am so sorry you had that happen to you. I would be devastated! Hope all is well now and you sold lots of POTS! :)

I had a lab growing up & my only advise is watch out for chewing. Our lab was outside only & ate the side of the house & the deck. The deck had to be replaced & the house of course fixed.....after he grew out of the chewing stage. He was the most loving dog ever!

Good advice kaseydee...we are watching for that. So far he has been around shoes and all sorts of stuff, and nothing.....until the other night he killed one of my DH Tiki Torches! It was quite comical! He is in a dog kennel outside for 4 hours a day and then we let him in the house or run free in the back yard :)

We give our lab pigs ears and the white chewing bones!! Does wonders!! Also the tire ball toys are awsome!! They can chew on those for ever and still not break it!!

StacieB said:
We give our lab pigs ears and the white chewing bones!! Does wonders!! Also the tire ball toys are awsome!! They can chew on those for ever and still not break it!!

oh yeah. if i didnt have bones or chew tires or ropes laying around my house, my shoe closet would take a significant hit. i dont know if there is a time when my 10 month old black lab, paisley, doesnt have a chew toy in her teeth.

paisley at 10 weeks (as big as the water bottle):
mypaisLeygirL015.jpg

paisley at 10 months:
fishing003.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Boy and his dog! (a must see!)StacieB your dog is gorgeous! So cute when just a baby. Amazing how they grow, just like kids! Well here is a adorable link a friend sent me after I sent pics of "Crash" out. It just melts your heart! Also makes me wanna have a baby! My Hubby and I are going to start trying soon, but want to get Crash into a dog obedience school first! :)

YouTube - CUTE! Little Boy and His Dog

Cookin Kristen said:
StacieB your dog is gorgeous! So cute when just a baby. Amazing how they grow, just like kids! Well here is a adorable link a friend sent me after I sent pics of "Crash" out. It just melts your heart! Also makes me wanna have a baby! My Hubby and I are going to start trying soon, but want to get Crash into a dog obedience school first! :)

YouTube - CUTE! Little Boy and His Dog

That is the most beautiful, heartwarming video! We had a border collie when I was young who was just like that with my little brother. In fact, one day, my dad was playing around, and started throwing snowballs and trying to chase my brother - and the dog grabbed onto his leg, growling - ripped a big hole in his snowsuit! But my little brother could climb all over her, and do anything to her - and she was always as gentle as could be.

Wow ChefBeckyD! Dogs are very faithful companions! I am so looking forward to "crash" being like in the video. The dog looks quite a bit older, but they are so good with kids!

vwpamperedchef said:
This site has some good info. Here's the link.

HTH

Introducing a New Puppy to Other Pets

I finally had a minute to check out this site! Thank you so much. It was really helpful. The cat and dog can be in the same room and no hair flying! I am not saying they are best friends, but we are working on that! Also if you have not watched the video in this thread do...it is awesome!

What is "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!"?

"We Have a New Addition to Our Family!" is a new line of kitchen products introduced by Pampered Chef. It includes a variety of tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

What types of products are included in "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!"?

The line includes a wide range of products such as cookware, bakeware, utensils, and small appliances. There are also products specifically designed for grilling, baking, and entertaining.

Are the products in "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!" high quality?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products are made with high quality materials and are designed to last. "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!" products are no exception and are backed by our satisfaction guarantee.

Can I purchase "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!" products through a consultant?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!", can be purchased through an independent consultant. You can also place orders directly through our website.

Are there any special deals or promotions for "We Have a New Addition to Our Family!" products?

Yes, we often have special deals and promotions for new product lines. Keep an eye out for emails and social media posts from Pampered Chef or contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef_2_Four
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PampChefJoy