• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for Me and My Family. End of May We Unexpectedly Were

the contractor never came to look. A month after I moved in, I sent a work order in and the owner came to inspect... 5 days after we moved in. 1 week later I sent another work order and got a nasty letter back from the owner accusing me of putting dirty dishes in the sink, leaving my dog's urine in the room, not cleaning after my dog, having a dog that barks excessively and not cleaning up after it, and having a plant in my front window that is blocking the sun. I was never given the opportunity to correct any of these allegations. I have never had such a bad experience with a landlord before. The only explanation I can think of is that the owner is so
Re: EvictionTomorrow we go to court. Today we found a house! God has been watching out for us. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, God was listening. On Friday late evening I saw a Craiglist posting for a house for rent (posted July 31). I hadn't looked for the past week, because we were waiting to hear back from another house.

This posted house was one we looked at in May. A great Christian couple. The only reason we didn't go with their house, was because we only had one car. My husband would have to drive 30 minutes 4x a day, to take me to and from work, so he'd have the car. They never rented it!

I wrote the house information down and Saturday the posting was gone. It had been posted for a week, so deleted automatically. Had I not looked at Craigslist Friday night, I would never have seen it. Fate. God. Yes!!

We went to the house today, and I have a contract in my hand. No reference checks to deal with the current rental company, etc. It's a beautiful house on 16 shared acres with this couple. Hardwood floors, newer home. All utilities included. We're about 30 minutes from the "big" town where I work and we shop, but we have a house! He's doing last minute cleaning and we can start moving in Tuesday. Thank you for all your prayers! I have a feeling we'll be taking the rental company to court for our $2700 security deposit, but I can deal with that. I'll keep you posted on how court goes.

Re: EvictionGod is good!!! (but we knew that - wink)

Good luck in court! So glad you updated us.

Re: EvictionThank you Crystal. God is good! I'll let you know how court goes tomorrow. The whole family is going: husband, son (15), daughter (9), daughter (5). I thought the judge needed to see who the rental company was putting on the street.

Re: EvictionGood Luck.....

Re: EvictionGood Luck!!

Re: EvictionVictorious!! The property management company did not show to court today, so my case was dismissed. No eviction on my record! We got a call 9:30 last night from the other rental company and we got that house too. Now we have to make the decision of which house to choose. We visit the house here in town again tomorrow morning and then we make our choice. We'll move either this weekend or by the 20 depending on the house we choose. We anticipate having to go to small claims court for our $2700 deposit. The rental company, by law has 31 days to return our deposit. We are taking lots of pictures, and I have a carpet company coming out in a few minutes to check the carpets, so I have another opinion. Our friend works for a professional carpet company and he will be our second opinion, as he is going to clean the carpets before we move. There should be no problem getting all our deposit money back. The fact the managment company never showed to court, says it all. The courts should see that it really wasn't important to them and wasn't that big of a deal. Thank you for all your support! God was good to us. The power of prayer works!!

Re: EvictionGreat to hear!! Glad things are working out for you.

It's wasn't an evictionIt was terminating a month-to-month lease...

Other than them not fixing the issues, they really did have every right to cancel the month-to-month contract at any time. That's the point of one of those...

right?? It wasn't an iron-clad lease for a specific amount of time...

just my two cents.

Re: EvictionI had signed a year lease. I pay month-to-month. I mistakingly wrote earlier it was a month-to-month lease. With the amount of deposit I paid, they had no grounds for eviction. That's the point of paying a large deposit: to cover any damages at the time of move out (which there were no damages in this case).

Re: EvictionGood news. Congratulations!

Re: EvictionI'm so looking forward to August 29 when we can move. Today we had to call the fire department. The motor on the furnace caught on fire and forced electrical smelling smoke throughout my whole house. We've been airing out the house and I'm leaving for the afternoon to go to my classroom at my school to keep from getting a headache. Now we have no air-conditioner until they come fix it. It's supposed to be over 100 today.

Re: EvictionWe are in our new house now. We're finishing the last of cleaning at the old house today. Because it took all our money to move, I can't afford phone, TV or internet until I get paid Sep.30. My MIL may pay for us tomorrow. I took pictures galore of everything in this old house, so there will be nothing they can say didn't get done. I am sooo tired. I have been working 12+ hours for two days now. Heavy lifting, cleaning, etc. The computer is the last thing we're moving, so I sat down for a break. The battery on our mini-van went out, so to travel from house to house loading, I have to jump start it with my car each time. I guess after we move, we'll be down to one car again until I get paid and can buy a new battery.

Re: EvictionJulie, which house did you choose?

Congrats on moving, sorry to hear about your battery on your car.

Re: EvictionHoly cow, Julie - when it rains it pours, doesn't it? God will reward your continued faith, though. Hopefully things will settle down soon, and you'll enjoy a little peace for awhile.

Re: EvictionI am sending good thoughts your way. We have been going through really rough times, similar to yours. I pray that I have the tenacity you do. You inspire me to keep going.

Re: EvictionChris,We ended up with the one in town. The one in the country the lady wanted to call references, etc. and she couldn't get in touch with everyone quick enough. The one in town gave me until the next morning and then the house would go to someone else. We couldn't take the chance on waiting on the one in the country. AJ- thanks. I'm glad I inspire you. I hope things look up for you. Sometimes it's easy to see the negative in everything, but it just drains you and isn't worth it sometimes. I just have to look at what I have. I have a roof over my head. I may have nothing else until my next paycheck, but that's okay. My MIL bought us groceries and is buying the kids food for school lunches. After going through all the school supplies we always have around the house, I actually had enough for everything my kids needed. The backpacks from last year just needed a washing. I know we'll continue to get the needed help from my MIL until I get paid. Gotta go. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Re: EvictionI got the invoices and check today from my former rental company. They actually charged me to change the lock, replace the sink knob that I requested to be fixed, tub drain-I had requested to be repaired, $125 for general cleaning, when I had the place spotless. (I have over 200 pics to prove that) Etc. My husband says it will cost too much to take them to court. But I feel just having their name in print and feeling I attempted justice is worth it. I withheld last month's rent because of them not fixing repairs. They charged me fees for everyday! Fairly, I knew they would deduct $1095 from my $2500 deposits. That I could handle. But I should have been left with $1405. I got a check for $97!!!!

I'm not a vengeful person, but I am right now. I want to get even in anyway I can. I needed that money. My kids need that money. I have to ask a co-worker for help. I applied for our state teacher's union to request funds to pay for my son's insulin. I've used these funds before to request for students (that's what it is there for). They told me yesterday that a parent can not receive the funds, so I would have to have a colleague to complete and submit the form). I have a co-worker who I have worked for 10 years with that tomorrow I'm going to ask if she'll submit it for me. It's not something I want people to know, but I have no choice. I can't afford the co-pay I have.

I myself have not taken any of my medications for the last month. I went to the doctor last week, and my blood pressure was very high. No medicine will do that. I don't even want to know what it is today. I have just the $97 to live on for all of October. I just question what I'm doing wrong that God keeps giving me these things. I want to pass his test. And pass his test now. Please pray for me.

Re: EvictionJulie - I have a legal insurance plan that costs about $12 a month. You might want to look into that (email me at [email protected] for info). Sometimes a letter from an attorney makes things right.

Re: EvictionThanks Kate. I emailed you.

Re: EvictionThat is ridiculous. I hope Kate's suggestion helps!!!

<h2>1. What happened to cause your family to need prayer?</h2><p>At the end of May, we were unexpectedly given a 30-day notice to move because the owner of our rental house was losing the property. We had to quickly come up with $3500 to move into a new rental.</p><h2>2. What issues did you encounter with the new rental house?</h2><p>The first day we moved in, we noticed several things were wrong with the house. We submitted a work order and the landlord came to inspect 5 days later. However, 1 week later, we received a nasty letter stating that the house was not organized, there were dishes in the sink, and it smelled like urine.</p><h2>3. What did the landlord suspect was causing the urine smell?</h2><p>The landlord believed that our dog had peed in the house and they were planning to come back and inspect the property. Despite our efforts to clean and maintain the house, they were convinced that there was still a urine smell lingering.</p><h2>4. What did you discover about the source of the urine smell?</h2><p>After calling the recommended carpet company, it was determined that the smell was coming from our couch. Our old cat had sprayed it before we moved and we didn't have a chance to properly clean it. We got rid of the couch, but one day after the landlord's inspection, our dog had an accident. We immediately used professional cleaners to address it.</p><h2>5. What was the outcome of the landlord's inspection and what does this mean for your family?</h2><p>The carpet company came back to check the carpets and the smell of the house without the couch. Everything was fine, except for a small spot in our room where the dog had an accident. The company recommended using a steam cleaner, but despite our efforts, the landlord still found urine crystals in the carpet and has given us a 10-day eviction notice. This has left us feeling helpless and uncertain about our living situation, and we are in need of prayers for guidance and strength during this difficult time. </p>

1. What happened to cause your family to need prayer?

At the end of May, we were unexpectedly given a 30-day notice to move because the owner of our rental house was losing the property. We had to quickly come up with $3500 to move into a new rental.

2. What issues did you encounter with the new rental house?

The first day we moved in, we noticed several things were wrong with the house. We submitted a work order and the landlord came to inspect 5 days later. However, 1 week later, we received a nasty letter stating that the house was not organized, there were dishes in the sink, and it smelled like urine.

3. What did the landlord suspect was causing the urine smell?

The landlord believed that our dog had peed in the house and they were planning to come back and inspect the property. Despite our efforts to clean and maintain the house, they were convinced that there was still a urine smell lingering.

4. What did you discover about the source of the urine smell?

After calling the recommended carpet company, it was determined that the smell was coming from our couch. Our old cat had sprayed it before we moved and we didn't have a chance to properly clean it. We got rid of the couch, but one day after the landlord's inspection, our dog had an accident. We immediately used professional cleaners to address it.

5. What was the outcome of the landlord's inspection and what does this mean for your family?

The carpet company came back to check the carpets and the smell of the house without the couch. Everything was fine, except for a small spot in our room where the dog had an accident. The company recommended using a steam cleaner, but despite our efforts, the landlord still found urine crystals in the carpet and has given us a 10-day eviction notice. This has left us feeling helpless and uncertain about our living situation, and we are in need of prayers for guidance and strength during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies