• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happened to Barry's Wife? Please Keep Him in Your Prayers.

In summary, Barry's wife of 31 years passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, and the family is waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause. There were no prior signs of any health issues. Barry is devastated and will be in need of support as he copes with the loss. Many people are sending their thoughts and prayers to him and his family during this difficult time.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Please keep Barry in your prayers. He lost his dear wife of 31 years early Sunday a.m. of unknown causes. They are waiting on autopsy results. There was no sign of any issues. She slipped Saturday and skinned her knee but no ill effects. She woke up in the middle of the night, got out of bed and collapsed.

Barry is quite devastated. I don't think they were that old - late 50's, early 60's.

Thanks!

How sad!

You've had a lot of tragedy in your life this year Janet.

Prayers going your way........

What a sad event just before the Holidays. He will be in my prayers.

Barry will be in my prayers in the days and weeks to come. How tragic to lose someone so quickly & with no sense as to how or why.

I know what Berry is going through, it will be 2 years, in 18 days for me. The emotions, the empty feeling, the questions.. It's hard to put it all together.
Let him know he is not alone in his time of need, that he can reflect back on many charished memories even though that is the last thing on his mind at the moment.

my thoughts and prays will be with in in the coming days.

Lots of prayers for Barry and the family. I also pray they will find the answers they need.

pamperedlinda said:
How sad!

You've had a lot of tragedy in your life this year Janet.

Actually this year it seems to be everyone around me at work. But it does wear on one's heart. This is the 3rd spouse to someone at work in 6 months.

The year my dad died (3 years ago this January), it was our family - 7 deaths within a 6 month period.

Wow, that's so sad! My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

colegrovet said:
I know what Berry is going through, it will be 2 years, in 18 days for me. The emotions, the empty feeling, the questions.. It's hard to put it all together.
Let him know he is not alone in his time of need, that he can reflect back on many charished memories even though that is the last thing on his mind at the moment.

my thoughts and prays will be with in in the coming days.

So sorry to hear that Terry!

Wow, that's too bad. I'll be praying for the family.

Prayers for Barry.

Oh gosh, thats awful. Prayers to Barry and family!

1. How can I offer support to my co-worker who lost his wife?

First and foremost, it is important to respect your co-worker's space and privacy during this difficult time. You can offer your condolences and let them know that you are there to support them in any way they need. This could include helping with tasks at work, bringing meals or offering emotional support.

2. Is it appropriate to attend the funeral or memorial service?

Attending the funeral or memorial service is a personal decision and should be based on your relationship with your co-worker and their family. If you were close to their spouse or are invited by the family, it may be appropriate to attend to show your support. However, if you did not have a close relationship, it is best to respect their privacy and grieve in your own way.

3. Should I bring up the loss when interacting with my co-worker?

It is important to acknowledge the loss, but also be mindful of how your co-worker is feeling. Some may want to talk about it, while others may not. You can say something simple like "I'm sorry for your loss" and then follow their lead on if they want to talk about it further.

4. How can I help my co-worker cope with their grief at work?

Be understanding and patient with your co-worker as they may have difficulty concentrating or may need to take time off. Offer to help with their workload or take on extra tasks to alleviate some of their stress. You can also suggest resources for grief counseling or support groups.

5. What is an appropriate way to honor or remember their wife at work?

You can honor and remember your co-worker's wife in a variety of ways, such as making a donation to a charity in her name, creating a memory book or photo album, or organizing a group to attend a memorial event. It is important to discuss with your co-worker and their family to see what they would feel most comfortable with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Back