• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sort of a Silly Prayer Request...

In summary, Silky, a barn kitty, was taken in by a young boy when he was four, and the cat has been a loyal friend to the boy ever since. The boy's 18-year-old son took Silky to the vet today and it was discovered that the cat has a tumor in his abdomen, and may not have long to live. The son has been going through a lot of loss recently, as three of his friends have died, and his senior year of high school has been skipped. Silky has been a great friend to the son, and the son is sad to think that he may have to put Silky down. Kasey sends
baychef
Silver Member
I feel very silly asking for this, but there is a human side to this too. My son is 18 and when he was 4 we took in a barn kitty (from a boat repair barn not a farm barn). He named him after his favorite blanket, Silky.

Silky has been so faithful to my son and has had the role of being the picked on little brother because my son is an only child. He has had his whiskers trimmed so my son could have "real whiskers" for his Halloween construction paper black cat. (Umm..this was when my son was young...I thought the cat was ill because his whiskers were no more than an inch long on one side only) Silky is the most cuddly loving, tolerant and patient cat.

Today, my son took him to the vet and they are fairly sure that he has a tumor in his abdomen. My ex and I feel that it was better our son heard this from the vet. Sort of taking care of his little buddy.

It looks like Silky will not be with us much longer as cats of 14 do not survive long, even with an operation.

My son has been through so much in the past few months. He has had 3 friends die. Two were 17 and one 20. Now his best and most loyal friend. Please say a prayer for my son and one for the most loyal and loving pet we have ever had.:( In the middle of it all, he stopped going to school...his senior year. He knows he messed up. He plans on getting his HS diploma next year.

Last edited:
Okay- NOW my heart is completely broken. (sob) I will pray for your son, and for silky. I know just how your son feels, and I truly hope that Silky can survive surgery and be healthy for a few more years. My first cat lived almost 19 years! :)

Awww...sorry to hear - I'll pray that your son does o.k. no matter the outcome. :(

The vet said that even with surgery, he would probably only last 2 months. Tomorrow we will know for sure, but we will probably opt to put him down. I am crying for both him and my son. Love my son so much and I am an animal lover.

And thanks...things could be so much worse in our lives. I just worry about my son going through so much loss in such a short time. These friends all died very suddenly and he spoke to them a short time before their deaths. We live in a rural area too so many of these kids have known each other since childhood.

Thanks again for the warm thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a silly prayer request. God knows our hearts. And, we are made in God's image...the same emotions...He loves all his creations. He wants to be involved in all aspects of our lives...not just the big stuff.

Let us know...I'll pray for all of you.

I had to make a very difficult decision regarding Gus- my diabetic cat. Gus had a brother (real litermate) named Weasel. Within a week of Weasel figuring out that Gus was gone for good- he just started to shut down. I had to put a perfectly good cat to sleep (he was just about 9 years old) because he was dying of a broken heart- and his heart was broken over losing his bestest friend and brother, Gus.

I hurt for you, and I know the pain you feel and I do not envy you at all. My pets are my children and my heart still misses both Gus and Weasel very much! Take lots of pictures, make good final memories- and I'll mail you some kleenex.

I wish I could think of something to cheer you up, but know I'm sorry, I send you HUGS and I will be praying for you, your son, and Silky!

Thank you, Kasey. We had dogs when I grew up and they were my best friends. When they died, I just broke down. There was such a hole in my heart. Pets are like family (that don't talk back, complain and are grateful!!)

Maybe I am being selfish, but he doesn't act that sick and I hate to see them put him down until he shows more signs of being sick. I know that animals are not human, but I guess I feel if he were feeling sick, he would understand when we had to put him down. Maybe it's just me being selfish.

I can't imagine the heartbreak of putting a healthy cat down, but he did have a broken heart. Pets can not comprehend things that humans can, but they do know love and can express it. Their eyes also say a thousand words.

Thanks for the understanding.

baychef said:
Thank you, Kasey. We had dogs when I grew up and they were my best friends. When they died, I just broke down. There was such a hole in my heart. Pets are like family (that don't talk back, complain and are grateful!!)

Maybe I am being selfish, but he doesn't act that sick and I hate to see them put him down until he shows more signs of being sick. I know that animals are not human, but I guess I feel if he were feeling sick, he would understand when we had to put him down. Maybe it's just me being selfish.

I can't imagine the heartbreak of putting a healthy cat down, but he did have a broken heart. Pets can not comprehend things that humans can, but they do know love and can express it. Their eyes also say a thousand words.

Thanks for the understanding.
Hon my heart really is sad for you and your son. I've been crying so much since last night that I'm crying again for you! I love ya like a cyber sister and if I could I'd drive out and hug the stuffing out of you!

I understand what you mean about if they don't act sick then wait it out, but pets are stoic (sp?) and it's better to do that before they feel too much pain (because fear and pain are more stressful when you are being put to sleep, than just going to the vet to say goodbye to your humans.)

Crap- this is so sad. I'm sorry hon! I really, truly am! :cry:

Oh---I am so sorry to hear this---

Pets are family members---and we treat them as such. And what cute stories/memories you have of Silky! Thank you for sharing that.

I pray that your son can handle the outcome. And it sounds as if he has such a full plate with the death of his friends.

I pray for you to watch over your son, as the grief may be too much to handle. You'll want to watch for signs.

May God give you the strength and wisdom to do what's best.
((HUGS))

Nothing is too silly for God or for you to ask for prayers about. Know that your son is being lifted up and that God wants to be right there with him through all these losses.

Not a silly request at all. My prayers are with you and your family. I know what your son must be going through. I have my cat Misia who will be turning 15 this winter. She is my very first pet, I got her when I moved out of my mom's house and she has been through so much with me that I can't imagine her not around.

Take care.

My heart breaks for you & your son. We have our little girl Ash that has been with us for 12 yrs now. She was our 1st baby & I can't imagine our lives without her. So to me, this not a silly request...praying for all of you.

1. What is "Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." about?

"Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." is a humorous and heartwarming story about a young boy who asks God for a silly prayer and learns an important lesson about faith and trust.

2. Is this story appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." is a family-friendly story that can be enjoyed by all ages. It teaches valuable lessons about faith, kindness, and the power of prayer.

3. Can this story be used for religious education or children's church?

Definitely! This story is a great addition to religious education lessons or children's church activities. It can spark meaningful discussions about prayer and faith in a fun and engaging way.

4. Is "Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." a book or a video?

"Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." is a book published by Pampered Chef. It is currently only available in written form.

5. Can I purchase "Sort of a Silly Prayer Request..." in bulk for a church or school event?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers bulk purchase options for "Sort of a Silly Prayer Request...". Please contact our customer service team for more information and pricing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Kearns
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • General Chat
Replies