• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My Friend Battling Breast Cancer - Support and Guidance Needed

In summary, My very close friend just got confirmation yesterday that she has breast cancer. They have said it is early but the word itself strikes fear. Please pray for Irene as she must make the difficult decision of lumpectomy or mastectomy. May God give her His guidance to know what to do. She goes back to her Dr. on Monday and they will talk about her decision and either way, she will have surgery next week. They will check for spreading during surgery as well so then more waiting time will come. She's asking God to bel glorified through her even in this shocking news. Her family and ours have traveled many roads together and God will continue to be faithful but if you don't mind lifting all of them
quiverfull7
Gold Member
My very close friend just got confirmation yesterday that she has breast cancer. They have said it is early but the word itself strikes fear. Please pray for Irene as she must make the difficult decision of lumpectomy or mastectomy. May God give her His guidance to know what to do. She goes back to her Dr. on Monday and they will talk about her decision and either way, she will have surgery next week. They will check for spreading during surgery as well so then more waiting time will come. She's asking God to bel glorified through her even in this shocking news. Her family and ours have traveled many roads together and God will continue to be faithful but if you don't mind lifting all of them up I would appreciate it. One of their sons is at Officer Candidate School in VA and can't be reached except by mail and he knows she got the results yesterday. Pray for him to keep his focus and for her to have the words to write to him today. TIA

Having a mom that has gone through it twice, I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. If they caught it early, it will be a less painful road to travel...nonetheless, not fun.

Wow... did she have radiation and if so... what kind of side effects does it cause?

I've not had breast cancer....but I've walked through it with a dear friend.

I'll be praying for your friend, and for you as you support her.

quiverfull7 said:
Wow... did she have radiation and if so... what kind of side effects does it cause?
My mom had hers caught before needing radiation.Radiation is a lot kinder to the body than chemo although both are not fun.
Chemo really messes up your chemical balance, tastes and moods.KG has had some great advice for being a friend to cancer patients - search for a thread he's written on the topic about or maybe he'll pop on and link you to it...or just search.I'm sure Becky can give you some good personal experiences too.We were blessed both times with my mom's results!

Last edited:
quiverfull7 said:
My very close friend just got confirmation yesterday that she has breast cancer. They have said it is early but the word itself strikes fear. Please pray for Irene as she must make the difficult decision of lumpectomy or mastectomy. May God give her His guidance to know what to do. She goes back to her Dr. on Monday and they will talk about her decision and either way, she will have surgery next week. They will check for spreading during surgery as well so then more waiting time will come. She's asking God to bel glorified through her even in this shocking news. Her family and ours have traveled many roads together and God will continue to be faithful but if you don't mind lifting all of them up I would appreciate it. One of their sons is at Officer Candidate School in VA and can't be reached except by mail and he knows she got the results yesterday. Pray for him to keep his focus and for her to have the words to write to him today. TIA

Diane, I will pray for your friend- have her speak to that cancer and tell her to tell it to take a hike and be removed from her body in the name of Jesus... prayers for healing, peace, grace, and wisdom for all involved...

Diane...I wish I were there to give BOTH of you a hug! I am glad that her focus is on glorifying God through this, and I pray that it's through a COMPLETE RECOVERY! Glad she has you to stand with her through it all!

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your friend and to you as well as you help deal with this terrible illness.

I'll be praying for your friend, Diane. My mom had chemo when she was sick with ovarian cancer. It made her really tired, but they gave her good nausia (sp?) medication, so she wasn't really sick from it.

I agree with Kacey....tell your friend to tell the cancer to take a hike! Attitude is everything. As hard as it may be, don't let her get down....help keep her spirits up as much as you can!! (((HUGS)))

Praying for your friend, Diane. Lifting you up as well for strength and support for Irene.
Prayers for her family, and doctors, and all of the above mentioned.
In Jesus name...

She'll be in my prayers.

You both will be in my thoughts & prayers...

Thanks everyone! She will have a lumpectomy on Thursday and they will be checking to see if it has spread further. If it hasn't, she'll start her radiation sometime in August after her son graduates from Officer Candidate School. Please keep praying! Thanks SO SO SO much!

Prayers being sent Diane - please keep us posted!

You and your friend will be in my prayers.

Thanks to everyone who has offered prayers for my friend. She had surgery yesterday and is home today. They did find cancer in one lymph node they tested. Her dh didn't ask how many they tested. It's once again a waiting game until next Thursday at her appt. unless the Dr. calls them prior to that which isn't expected. They have already told her she will now have Chemo and radiation. Please keep praying . Thanks!

praying for her and her family.

thanks!!!!

Prayers for her and her healing!

Prayers are coming her way.

This sure puts my problems in perspective.

May God bless her and her family.

I just got home from visiting Irene. She looks great. It's a LONG wait until next Thursday for the report from pathology and all the new info on chemo and radiation. Thanks everyone! The testimonies in their family of God's upholding hand is an answer to the faithful prayers offered!

Related to Pray for My Friend Battling Breast Cancer - Support and Guidance Needed

1. What is "Prayers for My Friend"?

"Prayers for My Friend" is a collection of heartfelt prayers specifically written for friends. It includes prayers for guidance, strength, healing, and more to support and uplift your friend in their time of need.

2. Who wrote "Prayers for My Friend"?

"Prayers for My Friend" was written by a team of spiritual writers and editors, all of whom have a passion for supporting and encouraging others through prayer.

3. Can I customize the prayers for my friend's specific needs?

Yes, the prayers in "Prayers for My Friend" are meant to be personalized and tailored to your friend's specific situation. You can use the prayers as they are written, or make changes and additions as needed.

4. Is "Prayers for My Friend" suitable for all faiths?

Yes, "Prayers for My Friend" is meant to be inclusive and can be used by individuals of all faiths and beliefs. The prayers are written in a universal and non-denominational way, making them accessible to all.

5. Can I purchase "Prayers for My Friend" in bulk for a church or group?

Yes, bulk orders are available for "Prayers for My Friend" and can be customized to include your church or group's logo and information. Please contact our customer service team for more information on bulk orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs