• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mother-In-Law Diagnosed With Breast Cancer.

In summary, a 65-year-old woman had a lumpectomy on Friday due to breast cancer and was scheduled for a radical mastectomy on Monday. Her husband is worried about his mother and is asking for prayers.
hmolah
Hello all-

I'm asking for prayers for my mother-in-law for tomorrow. About 3 weeks ago they found she had breast cancer (she's 65). On Friday she went in for a lumpectomy (sp?) and when they were removing some tissue in her breast, they found more cancer. Tomorrow, only 4 days after the first surgery - she goes in for a radical mastectomy, where they'll have to remove the entire breast.

My father-in-law passed away just 2 years ago, and my husband is really worried for his mother too. Not to be negative, but he's worried about losing his second parent so soon, and at only 35. He's not being selfish, but we're still mourning the loss of his father and this is so unexpected. I know God can heal all the sick, and comfort those in need. I'm just asking for prayers that she will be well taken care of by the doctors and that she will have as little discomfort as possible. We live on the coast in Georgia and his family is all the way out in Phoenix, so we're not close to visit at this time. And I know that my husband feels so guilty. Unfortunately, with just one income, it's hard for us to come up with airfare at this time. I'm of course praying for him too.

Thanks in advance for all of the prayers. I think it is wonderful there is a place here where we can share the needs/concerns of our lives in a spiritual way. Thank you ChefSuccess for allowing us to do that and thank you to all of you reading this for considering our situation in your prayers. God Bless. :angel:

Prayers are certainly on their way. Cancer is so horrible, and we participate in the Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society every year in honor and memory of our friends and family members. It's so scary to realize how prevalent it is. We will keep you and your husband and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days to come...please keep us posted on how things go.

I'm praying for you and all as well. I know God is hearing our prayers.

Prayers coming for you, your husband, MIL, and doctors who are treating her!

Prayers said.

Praying for you all.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers! We all greatly appreciate it! She's home now and recovering nicely. Had to have some lymph nodes removed last Friday, and even with more removed yesterday, she's doing better! She was up and eating last night with just some discomfort, but no pain. My sis-in-law is in nursing school, so she's there to take really good care of her. Makes us rest a little easier knowing she's equipped to provide her comfort, etc. I don't know that we'll know for a while if all of the cancer has been removed. I thank you ALL for your heartfelt prayers. It has helped her to have a speedy recovery! I'll will update as we find more info.

Thanks again!:angel:

1. How can Pampered Chef help support a mother-in-law diagnosed with breast cancer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking and kitchen products that can make meal preparation easier and less stressful for someone going through cancer treatment. Our products are designed to save time and energy, which can be especially beneficial for someone with limited energy during treatment.

2. Are there any Pampered Chef products specifically designed for cancer patients?

While we do not have products specifically designed for cancer patients, our line of stoneware and non-stick cookware can be helpful for those with dietary restrictions due to cancer treatment. Our smooth-edge can opener and food chopper can also make meal prep easier for those with limited dexterity.

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef fundraiser to support my mother-in-law's cancer treatment?

Yes, hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser is a great way to show support for your mother-in-law. You can earn up to 15% of the total sales to put towards her treatment expenses. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to learn more about hosting a fundraiser.

4. Are there any Pampered Chef recipes that are suitable for someone going through breast cancer treatment?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a variety of recipes that are nutritious and easy to make for someone going through cancer treatment. Our website also features a "Cancer-Fighting Recipes" section with dishes that are rich in antioxidants, protein, and other nutrients that can help support the body during treatment.

5. Does Pampered Chef have any partnerships with breast cancer organizations?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a proud partner of the American Cancer Society's "Cook for a Cure" program. We also support other breast cancer organizations through donations and fundraising efforts. Additionally, our consultants can host "Cooking for a Cause" parties where a portion of the sales goes towards a breast cancer organization of your choice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
lacychef