• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Time for Another Baby? Praying for Guidance

In summary, the conversation revolves around a couple's decision to try for a second baby. They are considering different factors such as their son's desire for a sibling, recent thoughts about trying, and a Bible reading about Sarah having a baby. They are also seeking guidance from God and asking for prayers. Some shared personal experiences and advice for the couple.
jrstephens
It is time this week to buy my birth control pills. Me and my husband are trying to make the decision of whether to buy them or not.

We are leaning toward trying for the second baby. Our son, he will be 3 in July, has been asking for a baby at his house.

And yesterday my daily Bible reading was about Sarah having a baby.

We have both had more thought recently about trying.

We are praying to see if God is telling us it is time.

I am not sharing this with any of my family or friends here at home - just you all of my CS friends.

Please pray for guidance this week in our making a decision for this month.

I think that since your DS has been asking for a baby, maybe that is God telling you it is time. After all, unless you talk with him about babies, that is not something kids that young think of themselves.
Of course, you could always do a "fleece prayer"... ask for a specific sign to let you know one way or the other.

I am not very religious, but when it came to blessings from above I had to be! I went off birth control when I wanted to, but didn't become pregnant until "someone else" decided it was time. My DH and I started trying before we were married (7 months of trying) and I finally got pregnant about 4 weeks after my wedding. Coincidence? Maybe... After I had my first DD we started trying right away @ 1 month post partum. Again- someone knew that I wouldn't be able to handle two in such a close age range and I became pregnant when DD was 8 months old. With Baylor I stopped taking my BC in June and got pregnant really soon after. I couldn't be happier with my family, and made the decision that our family is now complete. My doctor said that my tubal may not be as affective as some because of the complications I had during surgery. I figure that if God makes me pregnant after a TUBAL, then I am really meant to have 4, LOL!

Good luck with your decision! I just feel that you can't let God guide you until you surrender the decision to him... I will be thinking of you!

gilliandanielle said:
I figure that if God makes me pregnant after a TUBAL, then I am really meant to have 4, LOL!
That happened to my cousin. Her tubal reversed itself after 10 or 12 years, and they ended up pregnant.
---

Jennifer,
It sounds like you're ready to expand your family. But I'll say a prayer that you get the guidance you're looking for.

And we're honored that you'd confide in us over friends and family. :)

Last edited:
OYE!! Thanks Ann, LMAO!!

I guess my post wasn't clear that the first part was a reference to your post and the rest was a response to Jennifer. Oops!

There- I fixed it. :)

With your first child soon to turn 3, this is probably a good time to start trying. My hubby and I started trying around the time my son turned 2. We found out I have PCOS(polycytic overy disorder) so we've had no luck. The doctor told me to loose 20 pounds and that would probably reverse it. That was 3 years and 61 pounds ago. My son is now six and still no luck with another pregnancy. If you feel its time then go for it.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your prayers.

I do feel God is leading me in this directions. We always try our best to get His guidance in all that we do b/c I know as long as I am in His will it will all happen accordingly to make our lives better.

I will let yall know my final decision.

I am a product of a tubal.... though my mom was five weeks prego with me and they didn't' do a pregnancy test and they tied her tubes.... someone wanted me here :)

gilliandanielle said:
I am not very religious, but when it came to blessings from above I had to be! I went off birth control when I wanted to, but didn't become pregnant until "someone else" decided it was time. My DH and I started trying before we were married (7 months of trying) and I finally got pregnant about 4 weeks after my wedding. Coincidence? Maybe... After I had my first DD we started trying right away @ 1 month post partum. Again- someone knew that I wouldn't be able to handle two in such a close age range and I became pregnant when DD was 8 months old. With Baylor I stopped taking my BC in June and got pregnant really soon after. I couldn't be happier with my family, and made the decision that our family is now complete. My doctor said that my tubal may not be as affective as some because of the complications I had during surgery. I figure that if God makes me pregnant after a TUBAL, then I am really meant to have 4, LOL!

Good luck with your decision! I just feel that you can't let God guide you until you surrender the decision to him... I will be thinking of you!

You have my prayers, My DH and I are going through the process of trying as well... I went off my birth control pills in January, one mis-carriage later... ( yes I had a mis-carriage in may when I thought I was pregnant, that is why it wasn't showing up it was too soon for the hormones to show up but they confirmed it when my DH had to take me to the hospital at 3am from doubling over in pain.... ) but we are trying again, and if the big man up stairs feels that the time is right..... then he will let it happen... remember everything is in gods time.... if you feel after prayer and gudience that it is time to try then ... let the spirit of god guide you!!! I will be thinking of you !!!

Ann- I read your post correctly the first time, but even the line directed to me was enough to make me say OYE!!

jrstephens said:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your prayers.

I do feel God is leading me in this directions. We always try our best to get His guidance in all that we do b/c I know as long as I am in His will it will all happen accordingly to make our lives better.

I will let yall know my final decision.

HIS final decision, don't you mean ;)

My mom just called me and said that Luke is carrying around his sippy cup wrapped in a towel saying he is carrying around his "baby." My parents have no idea we are thinking about it either. I think he has overhead some of our conversations. If we do try, we will have to do better at keeping it from him!! HA!

Aww, don't little kids hear everything?! Good luck with your decision. My daughter was 4 when we had our second. It's a nice age difference I think. She was old enough to help out a little (which helped ease the fact that she didn't get all the attention anymore-if we "needed" her help!), plus she was in preschool half a day, so we got some alone time with baby to enjoy all those great newborn things.

Me and my husband talked last night about things that have gone on that we think God is using to point us towards having another one. I am pretty sure we are hearing to try. We are going to pray about it a few days to make positive, but I feel like we now we are suppose to try.

Another book I was reading last night - the character ending up pregnant. That makes the last 3 that I have read that this has happened!! HAHA!!

Baby sightings tend to be all around me right now!

gilliandanielle said:
Maybe... After I had my first DD we started trying right away @ 1 month post partum. Again- someone knew that I wouldn't be able to handle two in such a close age range and I became pregnant when DD was 8 months old.

I got pregnant with my daughter when my son was 2 1/2 months!! Talk about a surprise!! We weren't trying, but now I can't imagine it any other way!! :D

Sorry to but in with that! I wish you the best of luck!!

Decision Made!We did decide to try for another baby. We really feel that with all that was happening around us God was telling us it was time.

I will let yall know as soon as that test is positive!!!!

That's great! I will be praying that it happens quickly, and that you have a safe and healthy pregnancy! :)

Jennifer - best wishes! All in His timing...it may be quick, it may take months. Relax and enjoy what God has planned for you.

I have 2 that are 2 years 7 months apart. Good spacing for mom...still close enough that they play together well.

I hope you stay healthy and all works well - keep us posted!

Janet - my 2 sons are also 2 years and 7 months apart - now 10 and 12 1/2 and they are the best of friends - they also get along great with their little sister who is 6 - they all play together great -

Jennifer- wishing you good luck!

1. What does it mean to pray for God's guidance?

Praying for God's guidance means asking for His direction, wisdom, and discernment in making decisions and navigating through life's challenges. It is seeking His will and surrendering our own desires to Him.

2. Why is it important to pray for God's guidance?

Praying for God's guidance allows us to align ourselves with His plans and purposes for our lives. It helps us make better decisions and avoid mistakes that could lead us away from His will. It also strengthens our relationship with Him and deepens our trust in His faithfulness.

3. How can I pray for God's guidance?

There is no one right way to pray for God's guidance, but some suggestions include being specific about your needs, acknowledging God's sovereignty and wisdom, and surrendering your own plans and desires. You can also use Bible verses or prayers from the Psalms to guide your own prayers.

4. What can I expect when I pray for God's guidance?

When we pray for God's guidance, we can expect to receive His peace, clarity, and direction. However, it is important to remember that His guidance may not always align with our own desires or expectations. His ways are higher than ours, and His plans for us are ultimately for our good.

5. How often should I pray for God's guidance?

There is no set frequency for praying for God's guidance. Some people may feel the need to pray for it every day, while others may only do so during times of major decision-making. Ultimately, it is important to remain in constant communication with God and seek His guidance whenever needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies