• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Son's Strabismus Surgery

In summary, Hunter has his strabismus surgery tomorrow morning. He is almost 28 months old and this is his first surgery. His
momoftwins
Please pray for my son Hunter as he has his strabismus and lazy eye surgery tomorrow morning. He is almost 28 months old. This is his first surgery and of course I am a nervous wreck. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

Take care of him - I hope it all goes well!

I'll keep him in my thoughts - my husband had an extremely lazy eye when he was born and had to wait until he was in 5th grade before he had the surgery. He so wishes is had been done earlier as he was teased a ton as a kid. Good luck with Hunter's surgery!

PrayersYour in my thoughts and prayers! Hopefully it will be harder on you than him!
Know what I mean:balloon: When my son was 4 he had a hernia surgery the worst part was when he woke up, didn't know where he was and such. Was pretty groggy that day, and the next day I was calling my mother to babysit him because I couldn't keep him down! He kept running and jumping like nothing happened:love: I couldn't stand it so I went in to work 1/2 a day:balloon:
Deanna

Your family will be in my prayers. I can imagine what a wreck you are! All will go well - He'll take care of you!

Hey Sharisse--I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Surgery is not easy no matter what the age. Keep us posted on how things go.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. He will be in much better shape than you. My son had eye surgery when he was 3. He had a foreign object lodged in his cornea which turned out to be a piece of plastic (sounds strange, but the doc. said it most likely flew in and he rubbed too hard, pushing it in). The only way we knew something was there was I discovered a white dot on his big brown eye. I was on edge the whole time he was in surgery, but all was well. He was back up and running the next day!!

I pray that everything goes as planned and that your little guy is feeling like himself quickly! I pray that God gives you a sense of peace about the whole thing, too!

{{{HUGS}}}

My little sister had surgery when she was just a few days old (they originally thought her dialted pupil in one eye was a brain tumor) Turns out she has a paralysis of the 1st and 3rd optic nerves, which just dialates the pupil, and she will eventually lose sight in that eye. Susie has had no fewer than 6 surgeries on that eye, and the last one when she was in 5th grade I believe.

I will pray for your baby, and the doctors, and the Anesthesiologist and for you as well! :)

Sweetie big hugs I will keep you in my prayers...Stay strong for your baby!!

Praying for both of you.

Any word on how it went today?

((HUGS)) I know how scary surgery can be for your baby...mine went into the hospital for surgery at a little under 6 months old...after 2 weeks in the hospital we were cleared to go home!!

You've been in my thoughts and prayers... How did it go today?

updateI hope all is well. Our prayers are still with you.

Debbie :D

How did the surgery go? I thought about you guys today while at work!

Hunter’s surgery went very well today. I of course was unable to sleep last night as I was very nervous so I was pretty tired today. He did everything before the surgery with flying colors (taking blood pressure, etc) as well as taking his “make me dead weight & sleepy” meds. He wasn’t asleep before they wheeled him into the OR so of course he cried as he was leaving and then of course I did and then Daddy fell into my footsteps and cried as well. Surgery was very quick but it seemed like he was in the recovery room forever before they brought him into us. I heard him crying as they wheeled him back down the hall to us and I said “here comes my baby”. I don’t know if I was totally prepared for what I would see but I held him of course and then started to pass out from seeing the blood in his eyes and all his wires (IV, etc). They got me taken care of and then I was able to hold him again. We were in the cares room for about 2 ½ more hours after they brought him into us. The main thing they were watching for was of course for him to come out of the anesthesia and for his oxygen levels to be higher (due to the meds). We had to give him oxygen from the room with a tube we held up to his nose. He would fight that on occasion as well as take off the sensor that was on his foot. After a while the nurse got smart and put the nostril oxygen tubes in his nose and he did much better. We finally were discharged from the hospital about 1110am and then had to go see Dr Troia at 1230pm. Of course Hunter only got about 6 hours of sleep last night and then hadn’t slept in the cares room after his surgery. Needless to say, he was very ready for a nap after his appointment with Dr Troia.

Sierra was a little jealous when we got home as I had to pretty much keep Hunter very calm the rest of today and so that meant holding him a lot. She had quite the fits today about that but hopefully after a good nights rest (she didn’t take her nap today, instead she played with her dollies in her crib) she will be much better tomorrow.

Hunter’s eyes will be very bloody for the next 1-2 weeks and his whole eyes may become that way. That is normal and will get better after time. The incisions were made on the white part of his eyes closest to his nose. It is really hard to see his eyes be that bloody. They said that bloody tears will be normal but if we see anything yellow or green or if he gets a temp over 101 he needs to be seen right away. We are hoping that all stays well. He will go back and see Dr Troia on my birthday (Feb 18th) for his 6 week check.

Thanks a ton for all the much needed prayers today. Please continue to keep Hunter in your prayers for these next couple of weeks. Thanks again!

Sharisse,
Our son has had this twice
We weren't prepared then first time for the bloody tears either. The first time he was in 1st grade so I went to the classroom without him and drew with colored chalk how he (they) normally were with tears and what it would be like the next few days and how it was important they didn't treat him any different with pink chalk.
I encouraged them not to avoid him & more importantly it wasn't contagious.
He wore a patch for years and they always thought it was cool
the last surgery was last Thanksgiving during his Jr. year. Totally prepared and had warned his squeamish girlfriend and he had no bloody tears.

Wow - on having that surgery twice! At least like you said with the 2nd one you were prepared. Did your son just have crossed eyes?? Does he still have to wear glasses??? Right now Hunter still does but he is still so young.

I am doing better today - I am getting used to the bloody eyes. Hunter is also doing better today. :)

he had a lazy eye from about 18 months on and when we did the first surgery we were never told it would need to be repeated.
e doesn't wear glasses anymore since the 2nd surgery last year.
We found just keeping warm compresses helped it didn't give the blood time to dry and get crusty.
the 2nd time his eye was very yellow and his cheek stayed bruised forever

Glad to hear it went well - take good care of him.

I just wanted to update you all that Hunter's eye is doing great and the blood is barely noticeable anymore!!! I am still seeing that his right eye is a little lazy but am hoping when we go back on Feb 18th and get his new glasses with his new prescription that that will fix that problem. Thanks again for all the prayers!!!

momoftwins said:
I just wanted to update you all that Hunter's eye is doing great and the blood is barely noticeable anymore!!! I am still seeing that his right eye is a little lazy but am hoping when we go back on Feb 18th and get his new glasses with his new prescription that that will fix that problem. Thanks again for all the prayers!!!

Great news! Thanks for the update!:thumbup:

That is great to hear! Thank you Lord for answered prayer again!

I'm glad to hear your son is doing well.

Have you looked into therapy? My son has a lazy eye and he does therapy. Unfortunately his was not found until he was in 4th grade. He had to go through therapy for two years (which started w/patching the the good eye). He of course will do exercises his entire life. His eye will never be as good as the other one, but it is very close. He now still has to work on depth perception.

My son's eye was one of the worst to treat because his eye went in toward his nose, not out. As anyone knows it's easier to cross your eyes then to bring them out.

I was very fortunate to be referred to a great Dr. in Ft. Wayne.

Good luck!

My 8yo DH has amblyopia in his left eye and it also cross in toward his nose. We noticed it when he was just 3 and he was fitted with glasses. Then we started patching when he was 3-1/2 and did that until he was 7. His eye muscles have strenghtend somewhat, but because of the way the muscles pull his eye, he isn't a candiate for surgery... at least not while he is still growing. The opthamologist doesn't want to mess with the muscles until we don't notice any improvement for at least a year or so.

This is one time that I'm very glad to be living so close to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which is one of the top children's hospitals in the nation. We were able to get in with the opthamology group there and have had a great experience with them!

katie0128 said:
My 8yo DH has amblyopia in his left eye and it also cross in toward his nose. We noticed it when he was just 3 and he was fitted with glasses. Then we started patching when he was 3-1/2 and did that until he was 7. His eye muscles have strenghtend somewhat, but because of the way the muscles pull his eye, he isn't a candiate for surgery... at least not while he is still growing. The opthamologist doesn't want to mess with the muscles until we don't notice any improvement for at least a year or so.

This is one time that I'm very glad to be living so close to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which is one of the top children's hospitals in the nation. We were able to get in with the opthamology group there and have had a great experience with them!

I would check into exercises. These helped my son more then the patching. The exercises brought his eye back out. It actually started working so good they had to work to move his eye back in.

1. What exactly are "Prayers for My Son"?

"Prayers for My Son" is a collection of heartfelt prayers and blessings written specifically for sons. These prayers cover a variety of topics such as protection, guidance, success, and overall well-being for your son. They are meant to be used as a tool for parents to express their love and hopes for their son's life.

2. Who can use "Prayers for My Son"?

"Prayers for My Son" can be used by anyone who has a son, whether they are a parent, grandparent, or guardian. These prayers can be used for sons of any age, from newborns to adults.

3. Are the prayers in "Prayers for My Son" religious?

Yes, the prayers in "Prayers for My Son" have a religious tone and are written from a Christian perspective. However, they can be adapted and personalized to fit the beliefs and values of the individual using them.

4. Can I personalize the prayers for my son?

Absolutely! Each prayer in the collection is meant to be a starting point and can be adapted and personalized to fit the specific needs and desires of your son. You can add or remove phrases, change pronouns, or even write your own prayers based on the themes provided.

5. Is "Prayers for My Son" available in any other formats besides print?

Currently, "Prayers for My Son" is only available in a physical book format. However, you can use the prayers as inspiration to create your own personalized prayers for your son in whatever format you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Jennie4PC