• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Requested: My Son's Surgery Tomorrow

In summary, the son has been diagnosed with a Staph infection, and they are awaiting the results of a CT scan to figure out the root of the infection. They are also preparing for surgery if the infection cannot be treated.
lockhartkitchen
Please keep my son in your prayers. We thought we over 2008 with all that he was delt: Nov. 2007 (diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes), Jan 2008 (Hernia surgery). It's out again and not going back in. We're seeing the surgeon tomorrow. If bad enough, he has surgery tomorrow. If it can wait, they're doing it Thursday. I'm going to leadership Thursday. Uggh.

I'm sorry to hear this, I'm sure things will work out just fine! Keep your chin up and stay positive!

Praying for your son, yourself and the entire family. How old is your son?

Praying for all of you!

Sorry to hear that Julie you and your family will be mine and my family's prayers

I'll be praying.

Thank you everyone. My son is 14. We spent all day at the hospital. The ultrasound surprised them. Hernia is fine. But- he has 3 swollen lymph nodes the size of a silver dollar. He also has swollen lymph nodes in both breasts and under his arm. The doctor thinks it is a bacteria infection in his lymph nodes. (Get this- the possible infection no joke could be cat scratch fever- It really is a real thing). Let's hope it's this. He had blood drawn. To be sure he also had a CT scan of his entire body. We go back tomorrow to get the results. If not infection, lymphoma is the other possibility. We pray it's only an infection. I was supposed to go to the chiropractor tomorrow afternoon- I displaced my shoulder and can't move my neck. I'm going to try to get in early AM. I can't imagine traveling with my neck. We're hopeful for the best for both of us. The what if is partly in our mind tonight.

I'm packing tomorrow and will spend the night in Portland, so I don't have to leave at 3:00 Thursday AM. We want a normal life!!!

Wow, have you got your hands full right now. We'll continue to pray for you all...take care and keep us posted on how everything works out!

Thank you. I'll get to a computer tomorrow evening. We're spending the night at our friends house. I'll post on here.

Wow. Good luck with everything!! I don't know if it's the same thing, but I had a consultant get a cat bite that got VERY infected in a short amount of time and put her in the hospital at least 3 times with various problems that all stemmed from this! Crazy stuff.

I hope all it is is an infection. Keep us posted!

The doctor said it is a great myth of clean mouths of cats and dogs. We have a kitten that my son likes to tease and play with. Though he doesn't have a visible bite or scratch mark, he has been scratched. Let's hope that's it.

Staph infection. He should be fine with antibiotics. If swelling doesn't go down they'll drain next week. thanks for all the prayers.

lockhartkitchen said:
Staph infection. He should be fine with antibiotics. If swelling doesn't go down they'll drain next week. thanks for all the prayers.

I know that an infection is still a "serious" thing, but I'm glad to hear they can fix things with antibiotics. Thanks for the update! Good luck and keep us posted (how are you feeling?).

I bet that puts your mind at ease some so you can enjoy leadership! Let us know if anything changes!

1. What kind of surgery is your son having?

My son is having a knee surgery to repair a torn ligament.

2. How long will the surgery take?

The surgery is expected to take about 2-3 hours.

3. Will he need to stay in the hospital overnight?

No, the surgery is an outpatient procedure and he will be able to go home the same day.

4. What can we do to support your son and your family during this time?

Thank you for your kind offer. Your support and prayers are greatly appreciated. We are also accepting meal deliveries and gift cards to help with any unexpected expenses.

5. Are there any specific prayer requests for your son's surgery?

Please pray for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery for my son. Also, pray for strength and peace for our family during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • carlajanes