• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Bf Was Supposed to Have Surgery....

In summary, the conversation discusses a man's rotator cuff surgery being postponed because he broke his wrist. The man is in a lot of pain and his partner is sending prayers his way.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
My BF was supposed to have rotator cuff surgery on the 22nd of this month. We have been trying to get his house completed so we can list it for sale before he is laid up.
He is at drill this weekend and just called me to tell me that this morning he fell on the ice and BROKE HIS WRIST!!! So I am thinking his surgery will be a no-go for now. He really needs the surgery. He can't do 1/2 the things he used to do and was really looking forward to having the surgery so his shoulder would function more normally.
He has to wait until he gets home on Tuesday to get it casted and hopefully at that time we'll find out if he is going to still have the surgery. If they do the surgery still at least it is his right shoulder and right wrist. I am hoping they will still do the surgery just because his quality of life has been way down b/c of his shoulder.
If you can spare a few prayers, please send them his way!!

Wow sounds like he is in horrible pain. Sorry to hear that he broke his wrist. He and you will be in my prayers.

That has got to be painful. I used to work in a factory in HR and one of the most common injuries we had was to the rotator cuff. It's very painful and then the surgery is hard as well, but the guys who did their therapy, etc. came back to work better than they were before the injury. One guy decided not to do his therapy, etc. because he thought he could turn it into a permanent disability and be "set for life". Turned out because of him NOT doing his therapy, etc., the judge only awarded him $25,000 which was equivalent to one year of pay, which is the normal "to full capacity" with this kind of injury. The drs even said his was not a bad tear and it should have healed. As it was, he was going to have to have several more surgeries just to "unfreeze the shoulder" and it was going to be on "his dime". It didn't help his cause that about a month after he was "injured", another guy was injured much more seriously and recovered in 8 weeks fully! With him as the example, this guy had no chance. In fact, it was really doubtful he was hurt on the job since he had just returned from a 2-week disciplinary suspension for poor job performance. I know your BF will do great just from the sound of his attitude!

sending prayers.

Well I talked to my aunt who is a nurse and she thinks it may still be possible for him to have the surgery since the break is the same arm as the shoulder. So hopefully!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Oh Chris - I feel so bad for both of you! keep us updated with progress - I haven't been on much lately with being away and my new facebook addiction - lol - so email me or pm me if I can be a sounding board - all my best wishes are with both of you!

I'm praying.

Related to My Bf Was Supposed to Have Surgery....

1. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products to prepare meals for my boyfriend after his surgery?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are designed to make meal preparation easier and more efficient, so you can still use them to cook for your boyfriend during his recovery.

2. What are some Pampered Chef products that would be helpful for post-surgery meal preparation?

Our Food Chopper, Manual Food Processor, and Quick Cooker would all be great options for easily preparing meals for your boyfriend after his surgery. They require minimal effort and can help you save time in the kitchen.

3. How can I adapt Pampered Chef recipes to accommodate my boyfriend's dietary restrictions after surgery?

Many of our recipes can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs. You can use our Recipe Converter tool on our website to adjust ingredient amounts and make substitutions as needed.

4. My boyfriend is on a soft food diet after surgery. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products to make meals for him?

Absolutely! Our Manual Food Processor and Spiral & Slice are great tools for pureeing or shredding soft foods, and our Quick Cooker has settings for making soups and stews that would be suitable for a soft food diet.

5. How can I make meal prep easier while taking care of my boyfriend after his surgery?

We recommend using our Meal Prep Sets, which come with containers and tools to help you plan and prepare meals in advance. This can save you time and make mealtime less stressful during your boyfriend's recovery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
doughmama
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies