• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting News: My Boyfriend Proposed While in Hospital!

I just tagged along!I wanted DH's opinion on almost everything! He even helped choose the colors of our wedding, and picked out his own Tux.....and I...I just tagged along!No you didn't....that is what he said! :)I wanted DH's opinion on almost everything! He even helped choose the colors of our wedding, and picked out his own Tux.....and I...I just tagged along!You did not! You did not!
robinhild
Hey all~

Just a quick note to say that my boyfriend Josh proposed the other night! I am very excited!

He had surgery a few weeks ago due to having a bowel obstruction from his Crohn's disease. Unfortuneatley he is still stuck in the hospital. He has good and bad days and we are basically just waiting on his bowel to start working correctly again. His surgeon says this is common for someone who was as blocked up as he was for so long (they removed about 7 inches of scar tissue from his small intestine.) Anyway, it has been such a hard few weeks that his proposal seemed that much sweeter. I am beyond happy and so in love. Now I just can't wait for him to get out of there so we can start planning and stuff. We have to go ring shopping too :)

thanks for reading my rant!

Robin

awhhhh congrats! Start planing now...LOL bring him some books and ideas. This is probably the only time he will be bored enough to listen attentively. If he is like most men.... Have fun planning and I hope he feels better soon.

I never knew what happiness was until I got married!But then, it was too late.

Congratulations! I hope you have many years of happiness!I'm sure he can already see that you're there to take good care of him!

Congrats :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I never knew what happiness was until I got married!

But then, it was too late.

Do you ever have anything to say that is not a smarta$$ coment?? :) ha ha

COOL!!! I'm super happy! Way to go! :) Hope the fiance feels better! :)

merego said:
probably not... ;)

Congratulations! Enjoy the planning & don't let yourself get stressed over it!

Congrats! How exciting!

merego said:
Yes.

But not often.

Ahhh to be young again! Congrats!

CONGRATS!!! Wedding planning is so much fun!!

Congratulations!

Congrats! How exciting!

Yippee for you!!! Congrats!

And just ignore KG... he's cranky because we want to bring eye candy on "his" C-S cruise!

Congratulations----what an exciting time!

Congratulations and Best Wishes, Robin! Have fun planning!

woohoo!!

stay calm, have fun and don't turn into Bridezilla!!

Much happiness to you both!So...did you register with PC bridal registry :) ?

CookingwithMary said:
Much happiness to you both!

So...did you register with PC bridal registry :) ?
YES! DO!

Hope he feels better soon and have fun planning! CONGRATS!!!!

katie0128 said:
Yippee for you!!! Congrats!

And just ignore KG... he's cranky because we want to bring eye candy on "his" C-S cruise!
No he's cranky because I told him in my best pirate speak to walk the plank! :)

Congratulations!And, speaking from the bloke's perspective with regards to planning, we are interested in things like balloon and flower colours but don't feel like we can make an informed decision - which is why we leave it to the ladies!

Congrats!!! :)

AWWWW Congrats!!!!!! That is awesome! Hope he feels better soon!

Congrats, I am happy for you!

Best wishes to you both!

pamperedthorpe said:
Congratulations!

And, speaking from the bloke's perspective with regards to planning, we are interested in things like balloon and flower colours but don't feel like we can make an informed decision - which is why we leave it to the ladies!
She really let you believe that? She's good.

;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She really let you believe that? She's good.

;)

I think he meant he WASNT interested - LOL

Congratulations!!!

Congrats! I pray your cutie gets out of the hospital and recovers quickly!! Bowel surgery is THE WORST!

PamperedDor said:
I think he meant he WASNT interested - LOL
Attention, Guys:

Once you pop the question and give her the ring, it is completely out of your hands. Oh, sure, they'll be polite and ask your opinion of things, but the only thing you have to worry about from now on is showing up at the church on time.

But do yourself a favor, guys, no pastel tuxedos. If you give in on that, you're gonna HATE those photos in 10 years - trust me on this.

ETA: Wouldn't a nice, traditional black tux look a lot better in this photo?

160_Bruce_Delores_Wedding_9-1976.jpg

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Attention, Guys:

Once you pop the question and give her the ring, it is completely out of your hands. Oh, sure, they'll be polite and ask your opinion of things, but the only thing you have to worry about from now on is showing up at the church on time.

But do yourself a favor, guys, no pastel tuxedos. If you give in on that, you're gonna HATE those photos in 10 years - trust me on this.

That's not true!

I wanted DH's opinion on almost everything! He even helped choose the colors of our wedding, and picked out his own Tux.....and I made sure one layer of the Wedding Cake was a Carrot Cake for him.....and we had a German Chocolate Grooms Cake.

AND I hand made 800 Sausage Apple Meatballs in Maple Apple Cider Sauce for the reception, because he wanted them!

:p :p :p :p :p

Thanks everybody. Went yesterday and got some magazines to take in there to show him some stuff. He actaully is pretty interested. Its actually my second wedding... his first. So, I'm kinda like been there, done that and he is the one who wants to do the whole ceremony/party thing. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. We are hoping to get him out of there soon. It seems like he is close....

Keep us up to date on his progress... can't wait to hear about the day when he gets to come home!

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you!

I am engaged too (July 5 last year). I am less than 5 months away from my wedding date!

Related to Exciting News: My Boyfriend Proposed While in Hospital!

1. How did your boyfriend propose while in the hospital?

My boyfriend proposed while in the hospital by surprising me with a ring during one of his good days. It was unexpected and made the moment even more special.

2. Is it common for someone with Crohn's disease to have surgery and be stuck in the hospital?

Yes, it is common for someone with Crohn's disease to have surgery and be stuck in the hospital. The surgery is often necessary to remove scar tissue and improve the functioning of the bowel. Recovery can take some time, and it is not uncommon for patients to have good and bad days.

3. How long was your boyfriend in the hospital before he proposed?

My boyfriend was in the hospital for a few weeks before he proposed. He had to undergo surgery to remove scar tissue from his small intestine, and his recovery has been a slow process.

4. What are your plans now that you are engaged?

Now that we are engaged, we are looking forward to planning our future together. We have to go ring shopping and discuss wedding plans, but we are also focused on my boyfriend's recovery and getting him back to full health.

5. How has your boyfriend's proposal made this difficult time in the hospital more bearable?

My boyfriend's proposal has made this difficult time in the hospital much more bearable. It has brought us closer together and given us something to look forward to once he is out of the hospital. It has also reminded us of the love and support we have for each other during challenging times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TiffanyK
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
PampMomof3