• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Boyfriend Had Surgery Yesterday....

In summary, the person's BF is doing well after major surgery and they want to offer some pampering to the nurses on the floor.
robinhild
First of all, he is doing great. His Dr was very pleased with the way the surgery went and she thinks he will be feeling much better once he recovers from the surgery. It was major surgery (removal of a section of his intestine and his appendix) so he is going to be there 4 or 5 days.

Long story, but he has Crohn's disease and the surgery has been a long time coming- he has been miserably sick off and on since December when he spent 8 days in the hospital. It happened suddenly (they just decided to do it on Wednesday.) We have been to the hospital he is at a few other times and the nurses on his floor are great. As I was driving into work this morning I was thinking of trying to do something nice for them... then it occured to me... Pamper the nurses on the floor? Is that tacky? I was thinking about making some treats for them and then bringing them in along with a few catalogs and stuff. If I could turn it into a catalog show I would be thrilled, but I just don't know if its appropriate. Please let me know what you guys think.

robinhild said:
First of all, he is doing great. His Dr was very pleased with the way the surgery went and she thinks he will be feeling much better once he recovers from the surgery. It was major surgery (removal of a section of his intestine and his appendix) so he is going to be there 4 or 5 days.

Long story, but he has Crohn's disease and the surgery has been a long time coming- he has been miserably sick off and on since December when he spent 8 days in the hospital. It happened suddenly (they just decided to do it on Wednesday.) We have been to the hospital he is at a few other times and the nurses on his floor are great. As I was driving into work this morning I was thinking of trying to do something nice for them... then it occured to me... Pamper the nurses on the floor? Is that tacky? I was thinking about making some treats for them and then bringing them in along with a few catalogs and stuff. If I could turn it into a catalog show I would be thrilled, but I just don't know if its appropriate. Please let me know what you guys think.

My mom was in the hospital last year for several days, and I brought in treats for the nurses! But then, the next day they moved her to a different floor, and then they moved her again...and I didn't feel right going back to a different floor to see if the nurses wanted anything.....

robinhild said:
... then it occured to me... Pamper the nurses on the floor? Is that tacky?
I know from my own experience in hospitals as both a guest and a patient, the nurses are under appreciated. I'm sure they would LOVE a little basket of treats. Include the catalogs with a little note stating just what you wrote here, that you want to Pamper them because they've been so nice.Glad to hear he's doing better.

Maybe give them a 10% discount on their frst order?

I am glad he is doing better. I am a nurse and I know that they would appreciate the pampering. leave the catalouges and like Linda suggested maybe off them a discount. Also include the hostess and guest specials. you nevery know and the only thing they can say is no thanks.

I'm so glad that your BF is doing well. I come from a long line of nurses (Army and ER nurses)- I think your idea is wonderful! Maybe even include one of those foot soaking tabs you can get for a buck at Walgreens... My aunt, grandma and other family nurses said they loved soaking their feet! :)

Hey there, Stephanie here.. your neighbor.. glad to know your boyfriend is doing good!! I certainly would pamper them with treats, and offer a discount as well. A couple years ago my grandpa was at Parkview, and when he wasn't "out of it" because of the medication he was talking about PC to all of the nurses!!

I look forward to our walk when we get to take it!

Take care, my prayers are with you guys!

Stephanie

Thanks for all the ideas guys. Havn't had time to do anything yet, but maybe tomorrow.

Stephanie- its funny you say that- he is at Parkview. I feel kinda like I live there right now. They are nice there, but I wish he would look into Lutheran for next time/any future things he needs done. It would be nice to have a 10 minute drive home instead of 30 :(

I'm looking forward to that walk too. Hopefully he gets out of the hospital monday or tuesday!

I know what you mean about the drive. Everytime my real dad has his heart problems he always goes to Indy, when we have great heart hospitals here. Would make the drive much closer! I use to work at Parkview also, and there is not a QUICK way to get there no matter which way you go! Keep in touch! I hope he is doing much better!!

Stephanie:)

Related to My Boyfriend Had Surgery Yesterday....

1. How can I help my boyfriend recover from surgery?

The best way to help your boyfriend recover from surgery is to be there for him emotionally and physically. Make sure he has everything he needs, such as medication, healthy meals, and a comfortable place to rest. Encourage him to follow his doctor's instructions and offer to help with any tasks he may have trouble with, like bathing or dressing. Most importantly, be patient and understanding as recovery can be a difficult and slow process.

2. What foods should I avoid giving my boyfriend after surgery?

It's important to avoid giving your boyfriend any foods that can cause discomfort or interfere with his recovery. This includes spicy or greasy foods, as well as foods that are difficult to digest. Stick to light, nutritious meals like soups, fruits, and vegetables. Consult with his doctor for any specific dietary restrictions based on his surgery.

3. How long will it take for my boyfriend to recover from surgery?

The recovery time can vary depending on the type of surgery your boyfriend had and his overall health. It's important to follow his doctor's instructions and attend all follow-up appointments to monitor his progress. Some surgeries may require a few weeks of recovery, while others may take several months. Be patient and supportive during this time.

4. What can I do to help my boyfriend manage his pain after surgery?

Your boyfriend's doctor will likely prescribe pain medication to help manage any discomfort after surgery. Make sure he takes the medication as directed and offer to help keep track of his dosage. You can also help by applying ice packs or heat packs to the affected area, and assisting with any physical therapy exercises recommended by his doctor.

5. How can I support my boyfriend emotionally during his recovery?

Recovering from surgery can be emotionally draining for your boyfriend. It's important to be there for him and provide emotional support. Listen to his concerns, offer words of encouragement, and help him stay positive. It can also be helpful to plan fun activities or outings that he can look forward to once he is feeling better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • robinhild
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Jennie4PC