• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Find My Boyfriend's Missing Passport in Time for His Trip to Spain?

G
GermantownPC
Hello P.C. family...this is my first thread on this site and don't normally flood my problems to people I don't know but this is one of those days where "strangers" could be the most supportive.

Here's the situation, my boyfriend is scheduled to leave this upcoming Saturday for Spain. Problem, we can't find his passport. We've looked everywhere, throught everything. The worst part about it is that I supposedly (I don't remember this at all) told him that it was in his safe. Because of this, he waited until last night to start searching. Needless to say, we've torn apart everything.

Any suggestions? Anyone know any loopholes (I know, impossible) to getting a quick passport?

Thank you for listening...I'm just trying to to lose it. Things have been somewhat rocky lately and I'm afraid that if he doesn't get to go on this trip, it could put our relationship over the edge.

Oh, I'm so sorry!We went through something similiar the night before my cousin left for her honeymoon to Mexico. We couldn't find all her brand-new prescriptions for her asthma medication! It was so frightening!Take a deep breath. Relax. You HAVE to do this. Then choose a room. Systematically go through each box, pile of papers, drawer, whatever you've got. Take your time. Be careful with it. Don't pop from place to place. It's there somewhere.I hope you find it soon. I know that's scary.We found my cousin's meds in the bottom of the dumpster. They were well-packaged and one of my aunts (a nurse) supervised the inspection of the meds and helped transfer them safely to non-dumpster bottles. All was well.All will be well for you, too. {{{hugs}}}

GermantownPC said:
Hello P.C. family...this is my first thread on this site and don't normally flood my problems to people I don't know but this is one of those days where "strangers" could be the most supportive.

Here's the situation, my boyfriend is scheduled to leave this upcoming Saturday for Spain. Problem, we can't find his passport. We've looked everywhere, throught everything. The worst part about it is that I supposedly (I don't remember this at all) told him that it was in his safe. Because of this, he waited until last night to start searching. Needless to say, we've torn apart everything.

Any suggestions? Anyone know any loopholes (I know, impossible) to getting a quick passport?

Thank you for listening...I'm just trying to to lose it. Things have been somewhat rocky lately and I'm afraid that if he doesn't get to go on this trip, it could put our relationship over the edge.

Go to the Post Office immediately, and tell them the situation.....I used to be a Volunteer Coordinator for my church...and had one guy who neglected to get his passport, until a couple days before he was supposed to leave for Bosnia on a mission trip......I worked directly with the department that issues passports in Chicago, fed-exed them a pasport photo and all pertinent info (or faxed...can't remember now!) and got a passport in 3 days.
The only issue I can think of is that this was all before 9/11, so don't know if regulations have changed.......

Another thing - my DH and I just refinanced....and the one piece of info we couldn't find was a Quit-Claim deed signed by his ex-wife (15 yrs ago!).....we looked EVERYWHERE (or so we thought), and then the very last minute, my DH looked in the top of our son's closet.......sure enough - it was there! DS's room used to be our office, and there was one folder that somehow never got transferred to the new office, and had been sitting in the top of the closet collectiung dust all this time! Where you least expect it........

I was able to get a passport issued same day in Chicago. That was when my grandmother was dying last year, and my son needed one.

Thank you for your such kind words. I'm going to try the post office when it opens. Unfortunately, we've only lived in our current 2 bdrm apt. for about a year so things don't have the possibilty of getting misplaced. The kicker is that I don't remember ever seeing the passport. Yikes!

britishchef said:
I was able to get a passport issued same day in Chicago. That was when my grandmother was dying last year, and my son needed one.

Yeah - you have to work with the Chicago office to get the rush ones.....and it does cost more I believe. (or maybe that was just all of the overnight express mailing....) Actually, if I remember correctly, the guy that needed it was flying out of Chicago, and drove down early to pick it up.

who did you have to contact for this?

GermantownPC said:

I got the info for who to contact in Chicago from our Post Office.

GermantownPC said:
Many years ago (15?) we lived in WI and drove down to Chicago and my husband got a passport THE SAME DAY. It cost more but he needed it for a last minute business trip. Again that was pre 9/11.

Good luck! My prayers will be with you today!

There is an extra charge for expediting a new passport, on top of the speedy shipping costs. So it won't be cheap if you do end up needing to do this.

Take a deep breath. And I'll say a prayer to St.Anthony of Padua (the patron saint of lost items) and St. Jude (patron of hopeless/difficult causes) for you. It can't hurt!

Saint Anthony is AWESOME for helping you find things! Here's the prayer to help you.

St. Anthony, St. Anthony
Please come down
Something is lost
And can't be found

Good Luck!

Thank you for the prayers, may they be answered. I contacted the post office and am currently on the phone with the governemnt...feels like waiting online for the home office except they don't have the option of calling me back when its my turn.

Good luck Tricia...I'm sure this is a very stressful time for you right now. Let us know how it all turns out!

Tricia, what is the update? Did you find it? Sometimes I find that if you just step back, take a deep breath and focus on something else (very difficult I am sure) the location will just pop into your head. Hope things worked out for you.

We couldn't find our passports for a week at least. It was three days before our trip and then I found them in MY underwear drawer, where I had last year's plane and cruise tickets. I have NO idea what they were doing there. Let us know what happens!

I'll say a prayer to St. Anthony, too. He ALWAYS helps me find things! Generally I'm not the superstitious type, but St. Anthony is certainly a friend of mine!

That is TOO funny because I was going to suggest the underwear drawer as well. That's where I "hide" things!

quiverfull7 said:
That is TOO funny because I was going to suggest the underwear drawer as well. That's where I "hide" things!

I hide things there too!:D My dh doesn't read this forum, does he?:p

Please give an update. Hope all goes well.

Hope you found it! I know when we were getting our passports for Vienna, the lady told us the fastest you could get an expedited passport was in 2 weeks since 9/11. But it seems maybe she was wrong. I just know that our passports took 7 weeks to get to us!! Glad we applied early enough!!

Let us know if you found it!!!;) ;)

I am sending you "find-it" vibes and then you won't have to go through the hassel of finding another!!

My cousin is going to Cancun for her Senior trip (with my Aunt & Uncle). My cousin's boyfriend just decided that he is going too. Tuesday he went to Chicago to get his passport. It was issued to him that day. I could get the info if you need it.

Another update...

Passport hasn't surfaced. I'm still saying those prayers though. I just returned from his folks house (to pick up his birth certificate). The three hour car ride has given me the motivation though to get back to searching.

We have a 10:00 apt. tomorrow in Chicago which will hopefully have us leaving the windy city with a passport. The fee is going to be around $200 but it'll be worth it if a) he gets to go on his trip and b) i get the week "off" to devote to myself and my muchly needed customer calls. ;)

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I have faith that St. Anthony will help us during this very stressful time. I will keep you updated.

Good luck I really hope you find it. As some one said start in 1 place and look then the next. I lost something one day and I looked through my purse 2 times then my DH looked twice finally we gave up and so I started going through my purse and there it was

Well, I know it'll be expensive, but at least there is a solution!

I went through this kind of panic years ago when I was on my pilgrimage around the world. I was visiting friends in Palm Springs, CA, and put my passport in the foil bag I had for my 35mm film, and put it in their refrigerator. It was so hot there that I did not want to keep it packed in my suitcase. The night before we were to leave and fly to Hawaai, my traveling companion asked if I had my passport and tickets ready. When I went to bring them out to check for our flight time, I could not find the passport. What had happened was that the foil bag got pushed to the back of the bottom shelf of their refrigerator and I forgot about putting it there. The only way I could have peace of mind that I would be able to fly from Hawaai to Japan where I needed the passport was to go to LA and pay the price for a same day issued passport. Our friends later found the foil bag with the original passport which had the Visa stamps and overnight expressed it to Honolulu. It was very costly but I kept that passport tied to my body for the entire seven week trip, after that lesson.

Could it be with his tickets? Does he have a camera case all packed that he might have slipped it into? Those are the kind of things I might do, thinking I would never forget to take my camera!

You are in my prayers for a quick find!

"Could it be with his tickets? Does he have a camera case all packed that he might have slipped it into? Those are the kind of things I might do, thinking I would never forget to take my camera!"

Great suggestions Grandmarita...I wish he was that prepared ahead of time. The last time the passport was seen was when he got back from Ireland in '02. Needless to say one or both of us should have been double checking it before hand. :)

I'm sure it's too late for this to be of any help now, but my BIL actually FLEW to D.C. to pick up a rushed passport, rushed by a congressman and delivered by his aide, I believe. Flew home that night, and flew to France I think the next day. *whew!*

But, he had also worked on this congressman's campaign and knew him - but still our representives are there to help the constituents!

Any luck? Just curious!

He's up and away:D Well, after spending a day waiting in lines and people we watching, we were finally able to get his passport and he will be in the air in about fifteen minutes! I must say that if you don't know where your passport is, find it. And if it is expired get it renewed now. You never know when you'll need it and the process to get it expidited can be compared to the immigrants waiting for citizenship in the 1800s. You have no control over the situation but you are so desperate to receive what you've come for.

I, unfortunately, stressed myself out so much that I am now very ill...hopefully not the flu (that's what it feels like). :(

The good part of our day in Chicago was the beautiful sunshine and time to look at the fantastic architecture in the downtown area. Wish I would have had my camera because it was breathtaking.

Have a good day everyone and thanks for all those who helped me in my stressful time period.

GermantownPC said:
:D Well, after spending a day waiting in lines and people we watching, we were finally able to get his passport and he will be in the air in about fifteen minutes! I must say that if you don't know where your passport is, find it. And if it is expired get it renewed now. You never know when you'll need it and the process to get it expidited can be compared to the immigrants waiting for citizenship in the 1800s. You have no control over the situation but you are so desperate to receive what you've come for.

I, unfortunately, stressed myself out so much that I am now very ill...hopefully not the flu (that's what it feels like). :(

The good part of our day in Chicago was the beautiful sunshine and time to look at the fantastic architecture in the downtown area. Wish I would have had my camera because it was breathtaking.

Have a good day everyone and thanks for all those who helped me in my stressful time period.

So glad it is working out and pray that he has a safe trip.

Thanks also for the reminder on passports. I think mine expires this year - need a new one anyway since it was in my maiden name. I have NO clue where mine is - "somewhere safe" I suspect. I need to call my mom to see if I put it in her safe deposit box. I last flew before 9-11 so haven't needed it since. However, if I'm going to earn a PC trip someday, I'd better be ready - LOL!

2009 will be my 10th wedding anniversary so I'd LOVE to earn a trip that year. It will be hard with my busy life, but who knows????? (...and my wedding anniversary is 9-11 so it would be nice to someday celebrate an anniversary - it hasn't ever been one...married in '99, brother married that W/E in '00, 9-11 happened in '01 and the rest have always beeen "the anniversary of 9-11")

Anyway, keep us posted on his trip and SO GLAD it worked out.

Well, I am glad it worked out. After our ordeal we purchased a safe and now keep the important stuff in there. If only we could find our tax stuf... hmmm.

I'm glad it worked out for BOTH of you!:p I hope you feel better very soon!!! You'll find it when you least expect it.

1. Where should I start looking for my boyfriend's missing passport?

The first place to start looking for a missing passport is in common locations where important documents are typically kept, such as a safe, a filing cabinet, or a designated travel folder. It's also a good idea to check any recent travel bags or luggage that your boyfriend may have used.

2. What should I do if we can't find the passport in any of these places?

If you've searched all of the usual locations and still can't find the passport, it's important to remain calm and try to retrace your steps. Think back to the last time you saw the passport and where your boyfriend may have placed it. You can also try contacting any places that your boyfriend may have visited recently, such as a friend's house or a restaurant, to see if it was accidentally left behind.

3. Is there a way to expedite the process of getting a new passport?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to obtain a new passport quickly. However, you can try to schedule an appointment at a passport agency or center for expedited service. You may also be able to use a third-party service or a same-day passport service, but these options may come with additional fees.

4. Can my boyfriend still travel to Spain without his passport?

No, your boyfriend will not be able to travel to Spain without a valid passport. It's important to act quickly to try to retrieve the missing passport or obtain a new one before his scheduled departure date.

5. How can I make sure this doesn't put a strain on our relationship?

Losing important documents can be a stressful and frustrating experience, but it's important to communicate openly and calmly with your partner. Try to work together to come up with a solution and support each other during this difficult time. Remember that this is just a temporary setback and your relationship is more important than any trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
littlebeans
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies