• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Praying for My DH's Passport Process: Updates on His Deployment to Iraq

In summary, Paige's husband is going to Iraq, but his passport hasn't been processed yet and he doesn't know if he'll be able to go because of military family day on the 5th. He is also praying for a miracle.
nikked
Gold Member
Please be praying for my DH. Those of you who have been following my saga know he is scheduled to leave on the 8th for Iraq...and

his PASSPORT hasn't been processed yet!

Yes, for some unknown reason, he must have his passport in order to go, but it has gotten lost in the black hole that processes them. You would think that they would have special channels for deploying military, but apparently they don't.

The powers that be are working on it, and hopefully we'll know something soon...but, tomorrow is the 4th, and the military as a "family day" on the 5th, so those two days are out.

So, as you are praying for Paige (please be all right!), please be praying for a miracle in the passport area as well.

Thank you.

I am sending good thoughts your way that DH gets out there and returns home safely and swifty!

(And, this is not trivial!)

You and your family are in my thoughts! I do not know How I would handle my Dh going overseas right now.
A gal in my Hosp. Cluster's Hubby is leaving for Kosovo any day. They have have a 9month old.
You are much braver than I!

Praying that it works out and tell him "thanks" for serving and enjoy the 4th!

Paulette - couldn't help but read your avatar and think, "Up north der eh?" I know you're not a yooper but it struck me as funny. {end hijack}

janetupnorth said:
Paulette - couldn't help but read your avatar and think, "Up north der eh?" I know you're not a yooper but it struck me as funny. {end hijack}

Do you think anyone but those of us from MI & WI will know what a Yooper is? Eh?

End of my hijack.......I'll be praying for his passport ~ and for his safety! Give him my thanks also for serving our country!

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you think anyone but those of us from MI & WI will know what a Yooper is? Eh?

End of my hijack.......I'll be praying for his passport ~ and for his safety! Give him my thanks also for serving our country!
I lived in WI my whole life until 10 years ago and I have no clue what a Yooper is.:confused:

I too am praying that the passport processes in time but I am also praying that your husband returns home quickly and unharmed. Thank him for me.

You weren't far enouf up dere, ya know?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You weren't far enouf up dere, ya know?

Have you ever seen Escanaba by Moonlight? The quintessential (and only?) Yooper movie!

To the tune of Jingle Bells...1. DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW
IN MY RUSTY CHEVROLET
DOWN THE ROAD I GO
SLIDING ALL THE WAY
I NEED NEW PISTON RINGS
I NEED SOME NEW SNOW TIRES
MY CAR IS HELD TOGETHER
BY A PIECE OF CHICKEN WIRE
CHORUS:
RUST AND SMOKE THE HEATER'S BROKE
THE DOOR JUST BLEW AWAY
I LIGHT A MATCH TO SEE THE DASH
AND THEN I START TO PRAY
THE FRAME IS BENT THE MUFFLER WENT
THE RADIO IT'S OK
OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO DRIVE
THIS RUSTY CHEVROLET2. I WENT TO THE IGA
TO GET SOME CHRISTMAS CHEER
I JUST PASSED UP MY LEFT FRONT TIRE
AND ITS GETTING HARD TO STEER
SKIDDING DOWN THE HIGHWAY
RIGHT PAST THE NEGAUNEE COPS
I HAD TO DRAG MY SWAMPERS
TO GET THE CAR TO STOP(REPEAT CHORUS)3. BOUNCING THROUGH THE SNOWDRIFTS
IN A BIG BLUE CLOUD OF SMOKE
PEOPLE LAUGH AS I DRIVE BY
I WONDER WHAT'S THE JOKE
I GOT TO GET TO SHOPKO
TO PICK UP THE LAYAWAY
CAUSE SANTA CLAUS IS COMING SOON
IN HIS BIG OLD RUSTY SLEIGH(REPEAT CHORUS)Lyrics copyright by Da Yoopers.

nikked said:
Please be praying for my DH. Those of you who have been following my saga know he is scheduled to leave on the 8th for Iraq...and

Yes, for some unknown reason, he must have his passport in order to go, but it has gotten lost in the black hole that processes them. You would think that they would have special channels for deploying military, but apparently they don't.

The powers that be are working on it, and hopefully we'll know something soon...but, tomorrow is the 4th, and the military as a "family day" on the 5th, so those two days are out.

So, as you are praying for Paige (please be all right!), please be praying for a miracle in the passport area as well.

Thank you.

Sorry about the hijack...we're all a little stressed the last few hours. Your concerns are just as important and we're all sending warm thoughts your way!

Nicole~

I hope everything goes through OK for him...if it doesn't, does that mean he gets to stay home?!?!?

Thanks to him (and your entire family) for serving our country!

KellyTheChef said:
Nicole~

I hope everything goes through OK for him...if it doesn't, does that mean he gets to stay home?!?!?

Thanks to him (and your entire family) for serving our country!

Wouldn't that be nice! :p

Unfortunately, what will probably happen, is he will go to his "port call" and have to wait there for it to be resolved. Yuck!!!

Thanks everyone...and hijack away!

You have got to be kidding! How can our govmt order a person in the military to deploy, and then not expedite the passport paperwork, instantly?
I applied for a passport on April 1st at our Post office, and am still waiting
for its arrival. When did he apply? Good thing we did not pay up front for
ticket for our travel. We just wanted to be ready for summer travels that
take us across the border. That is still on hold for the moment.

Your family will be in my prayers.

Grandmarita said:
You have got to be kidding! How can our govmt order a person in the military to deploy, and then not expedite the passport paperwork, instantly?
Your tax dollars at work.

Now, imagine that we had nationalized health insurance that he needed an emergency appendectomy instead of a passport.

KG... not to start a whole political thread or anything, but I'd be the person who needs an emergency appendectomy but doesn't go to get it, because I don't have insurance and can't afford a dr visit, so just tell myself "it will go away" and then end up either dead, or so in debt that I wish I was dead.

*The opinions expressed here are that of me and nobody else. I am not starting this to get in a debate, but just to express the opinion of one of the millions of people in America that does not have health insurance as I make to much for gov't assistance, but make too little to actually afford anything other than the food, clothing and shelter (and heck sometimes food and gas get charged as I can't afford them either).*

Grandmarita said:
...I applied for a passport on April 1st at our Post office, and am still waiting for its arrival. When did he apply?....

He applied April 20. It's definitely crazy, and hard to understand. Life in the military, I guess!

GourmetGirl said:
KG... not to start a whole political thread or anything, but I'd be the person who needs an emergency appendectomy but doesn't go to get it, because I don't have insurance and can't afford a dr visit, so just tell myself "it will go away" and then end up either dead, or so in debt that I wish I was dead.

*The opinions expressed here are that of me and nobody else. I am not starting this to get in a debate, but just to express the opinion of one of the millions of people in America that does not have health insurance as I make to much for gov't assistance, but make too little to actually afford anything other than the food, clothing and shelter (and heck sometimes food and gas get charged as I can't afford them either).*
I'm not a big fan of the current system, either, but there has to be a solution somewhere in the middle. Just make a list of all the things government does well and then ask yourself if you want to add nationalized health care to that list.

End hijack.

Nicole,

I'm saying extra prayers that the passport arrives and that your husband returns to you quickly and safely.

Nicole, you can count on my prayers for the passport, for safety, for you, etc.

nikked said:

Thank you.

Wonder what would happen if his passport request was DENIED... Can't believe this isn't something the military actually needs! How sad...
And, please don't think anything that you have a concern about is trivial... it may not seem to be as "important" as other needs, but if it is bothering you, then we want to know and help (or at least hijack your thread to make you laugh!).
Please let us know what happends on Friday...

Your DH is in my prayers for a quick and safe return. I have a brother on his 2nd tour over in Iraq and I know how difficult it can be. I can not imagine how much harder it is when it is your DH. My prayers are with both of you.

Nikki

nikked said:
He applied April 20. It's definitely crazy, and hard to understand. Life in the military, I guess!
I'll be crossing my fingers that it gets resolved quickly! What branch is your DH in? Mine is AF, and didn't need a passport when he went to Iraq (I'm pretty sure) - it's been a while though. He's actually leaving for Korea in 12 days, and they didn't mention a passport this time either. I know that the kids and I would have needed them if we were going, but I don't think he does because of it being military orders.

ahammons said:
I'll be crossing my fingers that it gets resolved quickly! What branch is your DH in? Mine is AF, and didn't need a passport when he went to Iraq (I'm pretty sure) - it's been a while though. He's actually leaving for Korea in 12 days, and they didn't mention a passport this time either. I know that the kids and I would have needed them if we were going, but I don't think he does because of it being military orders.

DH is in the AF as well. As far as I can gather, passports are being required because the Iraqi government doesn't want a "permanent" US military presence there. So, no one is allowed to actually be stationed there. My DH will still be technically stationed at Kirtland AFB for the year he is in Iraq...which stinks for his office, because they are already undermanned, and can't replace him until we go to our follow on (still unknown at this time). I know it's different when you are being stationed somewhere.

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts...

I guess that makes sense - It must have changed since my husband went (he was there in '04, so it's been quite a while). Oh man, that does really stink that they can't replace him until you go to your follow-on! You'd think they would change the policy on that, so that squadrons don't become so undermanned! What career field is he? Has he put in his dream sheet yet for your follow-on? When should you know where it is? Sorry, so many questions! lol

Praying for you and your husband.

I never new military had to have a passport either. You would think that would be something that was done when they first joined up so they would have it when they need it.

Update...

After about 50 emails, it's finally resolved. They expedited the wrong passport, which is why my DH hasn't received his. Supposedly, they are overnighting the passport, and we should have it tomorrow...but...

HE DOESN'T NEED IT. Turns out, there was an error in the deployment checklist. Only a select few need one (those traveling between countries [duty related] while deployed). So, we're in the clear, and he won't be stranded at his port call waiting for it.

Thanks for your prayers...keep them up!

So glad to hear it! My husband is Army and he was curious as to why he would have needed it too! Typically orders and ID card is enough to go. I am so glad, in a way, that they just misinformed you guys! I know how much of a huge relief that must be!! That not knowing the answer to what would happen if... is enough to drive one crazy!
~Kimberly

Related to Praying for My DH's Passport Process: Updates on His Deployment to Iraq

1. What is the current status of my DH's passport process?

The current status of your DH's passport process can be checked through the State Department's website or by contacting your designated military personnel office. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on your DH's passport application.

2. How long does the passport process typically take?

The passport process can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks, depending on various factors such as the volume of applications and any potential delays in processing. It is important to submit your DH's passport application as early as possible to ensure it is processed in a timely manner.

3. Can I expedite my DH's passport process?

Yes, expediting a passport is possible in certain circumstances, such as a life or death emergency or urgent travel plans. You may need to provide proof of the emergency or travel plans in order to have the passport process expedited.

4. Is there a way to track the progress of my DH's passport application?

Yes, you can track the progress of your DH's passport application by using the State Department's online tracking system. You will need the application number and the last name of the applicant to access the status of the application.

5. What should I do if my DH's passport does not arrive before his deployment date?

If your DH's passport does not arrive before his deployment date, you should contact the designated military personnel office immediately. They will be able to provide guidance on what steps to take and if alternative arrangements can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
c00p
  • thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies