• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update from Iraq: July and August Reports, Photos, and Mailing Information

In summary, My DH is doing monthly "reports" to share with friends and family. I hadn't sent July's because I was feeling too sorry for myself, but am pulling myself up and out of it (everybody sing together now..."I get by with a little help from my friends"!)
nikked
Gold Member
My DH is doing monthly "reports" to share with friends and family. I hadn't sent July's because I was feeling too sorry for myself, but am pulling myself up and out of it (everybody sing together now..."I get by with a little help from my friends"!)

So, here are the reports from July and August, as well as some photos.

Tony would love to hear from any and all of you. His email is [email protected].

He would also love to get letters and/or care packages. He shares everything he gets in packages, so don't worry about what you send (although his personal favorite treats are beef jerky, sour cream and onion Pringles, M&Ms (dark or milk chocolate, plain), Nutrigrain type bars, gum (Dentyne Ice), and the individual water bottle flavor packs). I've attached information created by my Mom on mailing. Included is a number for the Postal Service to get boxes, tape, customs forms, etc., sent to you to make mailing easier. I highly recommend the flat rate mailing boxes. You can put as much as you can in them, and they are mailed Priority for $8.95. Tony receives them in about 2 weeks.

Within any boxes you send, you can include letters to "Any Airman". You cannot send directly to "Any Airman" but if it's in a box addressed to an actual military member, it's okay. Tony will gladly pass these along.

When the weather is cooler, other treats can be sent as well (like Oreos!)

Tony's mailing address is:

MSgt. Anthony Uebel
CAFTT - AFTS Taji
Camp Taji, Iraq
APO AE 09378

Again, please forward this information to anyone you can think of. If they end up getting it twice, I don't think anyone will mind. If you cc me when you send it, I will add them to the group mailing myself.

Sorry for the delay in getting this information to you. It has been much harder than I ever thought it could be with Tony gone. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Emails, calls, letters, etc., are always welcome!

God bless you and yours!

TajiSunRise.jpg

Camp Taji at Sunrise

MeatWeaponsStorage2.jpg

Tony at Weapons Storage

MeatTestCell.jpg

Tony at Test Cell

MeatJunkyard.jpg

Tony at Junkyard

ChangeofCommand2.jpg

Change of Command

Attachments

• Iraq Mailing.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 2007-JulyReport.doc
    30 KB · Views: 220
  • 2007-August Report.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 219
Thanks, Nikki, I'm sure all us Cheffers will come up with something.;) Here's a pretty good use for those PC boxes we were talking about last week. He'll know where they came from!

Nikki, can I pass his info along to Toys for Troops? They send care packages to servicemen and toys for distribution to local children (creates goodwill between Iraqis and US troops). I posted this in the thread about his promotion, but don't know if you saw it. (And I don't want to just send his info to them if he wouldn't want to participate.)

Too funny! Everyone will wonder why he keeps getting TPC stuff when he doesn't have a kitchen...

giggling just thinking about it!

chefann said:
Nikki, can I pass his info along to Toys for Troops? They send care packages to servicemen and toys for distribution to local children (creates goodwill between Iraqis and US troops). I posted this in the thread about his promotion, but don't know if you saw it. (And I don't want to just send his info to them if he wouldn't want to participate.)

Absolutely, Ann. I am sending him the information you posted on the promotion link, and I'll let him know that you are forwarding his info on to them.

Thanks!

Just think what you could get for all that "scrap metal"?

How long has he been gone? and how long will he be gone?

My hubby leaves Monday..tear tear.... It will only be for 4 months but it's still too long. This is my first deployment that I have to deal with:(

Answer
JaimeQ said:
How long has he been gone? and how long will he be gone?

My hubby leaves Monday..tear tear.... It will only be for 4 months but it's still too long. This is my first deployment that I have to deal with:(

He left July 8, the day before our baby turned 4 months old. He'll be gone a year, with a mid-tour R&R right around Christmas. He went TDY once right after we were married, but it was only for 50 or so days, to Saudi, while they were enforcing the No Fly Zone.

This has been way harder on me than I ever imagined, but we're getting through it and finding our new balance. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband, a beautiful marriage, and a strong faith to carry me through. Throw into that my great friends in life, by my side and long distance, and I know we'll make it.

Take care, and take advantage of all your base has to offer. My base has a wonderful "Hearts Apart" program that has been a real blessing.

Thanks for sharing Nicole! I can only imagine how hard it is to be apart for so long. We all appreciate what he & all the others do for us!

nikked said:
He left July 8, the day before our baby turned 4 months old. He'll be gone a year, with a mid-tour R&R right around Christmas. He went TDY once right after we were married, but it was only for 50 or so days, to Saudi, while they were enforcing the No Fly Zone.

This has been way harder on me than I ever imagined, but we're getting through it and finding our new balance. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband, a beautiful marriage, and a strong faith to carry me through. Throw into that my great friends in life, by my side and long distance, and I know we'll make it.

Take care, and take advantage of all your base has to offer. My base has a wonderful "Hearts Apart" program that has been a real blessing.

This month is all about the spouses of the deployed. They are doing all kinds of different events... such as the hearts apart. They are doing a JR. pdf line which is where the kids get to see what its like to go through the line to get ready to deploy. From what I hear they give the kids jelly beans as the "meds" and they get to get on one of the big cargo planes. At the end they get to get their picture taken and put on a pillowcase to send to there deployed loved one. It's gonne be too cute.

They are also have a day where you can get your car washed for free, you lawn mowed, story time, and then there are care packages going all month.

Are they doing anything like that where you are?

JaimeQ said:
where the kids get to see what its like to go through the line to get ready to deploy. From what I hear they give the kids jelly beans as the "meds" and they get to get on one of the big cargo planes. At the end they get to get their picture taken and put on a pillowcase to send to there deployed loved one. It's gonne be too cute.

They are also have a day where you can get your car washed for free, you lawn mowed, story time, and then there are care packages going all month.

They did the mock deployment for kids a couple of months ago at our old base (Whiteman). But they always give the spouses a free oil change, free babysitting on certain days a month, etc. Since we're staying with family while my DH is gone, I'm no longer receiving the Hearts Apart newsletter - but it's a really great program! I'm so glad that it's helping you Nikki! :D

Yea we can get a certificate for a free oil change, and I also get to take advantage of the give parents a break day once a month (babysitting).

JaimeQ said:
This month is all about the spouses of the deployed. They are doing all kinds of different events... such as the hearts apart. They are doing a JR. pdf line which is where the kids get to see what its like to go through the line to get ready to deploy. From what I hear they give the kids jelly beans as the "meds" and they get to get on one of the big cargo planes. At the end they get to get their picture taken and put on a pillowcase to send to there deployed loved one. It's gonne be too cute.

We have a base wide kid's deployment event that this year included spouses. It's supposed to be really neat, but I haven't gone because of the ages of my kids.

We also get free oil changes, child care for mom's night out, etc.,w hich is really nice.

I posted this one time before, but don't know if you saw it. It's a great site, and a really neat resource for the little ones missing their daddies/mommies.

Products by Daddy Dolls, Inc.

That is such a great idea! Thanks for posting it! I'll have to get one for my kids. My 3yr old keeps saying he's mad at Daddy, but he won't say why. I'm assuming it's because he doesn't understand why he isn't back yet. Our 18mo old still walks around the house looking for him... it's so sweet. :(

What a great idea to send a care package. Thanks for the update and pictures.

That is a cute idea:)

Ladies - I just have to say thank you. Thank you for sharing your husbands with the rest of us to defend our country & our freedom. I am sitting here right now with tears in my eyes because I can't even begin to imagine what life is like for you without your husbands around all of the time. I get frustrated with mine when he has to work alot (like now with harvest) but it's nothing compared to what you & your families go without.

With that said, THANK YOU!!

May God's blessings be upon all of you.

1. What is "Updates From Iraq"?

"Updates From Iraq" is a program created by Pampered Chef to support and provide resources for military families stationed in Iraq. It aims to keep families connected and updated on their loved ones' experiences and well-being while serving in Iraq.

2. How often are updates provided through this program?

Updates are provided monthly through a newsletter that is sent via email or mail to families who have registered for the program. Additional updates may also be shared through social media channels.

3. Is this program only available to families of military members serving in Iraq?

Yes, this program is specifically designed for families of military members serving in Iraq. However, Pampered Chef offers other programs and resources that support military families in general.

4. How can I register for "Updates From Iraq"?

You can register for "Updates From Iraq" by filling out a form on the Pampered Chef website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant. You will be asked to provide some basic information about your family and your loved one serving in Iraq.

5. Are there any costs associated with this program?

No, there are no costs associated with "Updates From Iraq." It is a free program for military families provided by Pampered Chef as a way to show our support and gratitude for the sacrifices made by our military members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • The_Kitchen_Guy