• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Husband's Early Promotion Ceremony in Iraq

In summary, MSgt Uebel was able to celebrate his Promotion Ceremony a day early due to the difference in weekend days in Iraq. His wife was unable to attend, but shared the news and a request for congratulations on an online forum. MSgt Uebel was sworn into the senior enlisted officer corps and received his master sergeant stripes while serving in the Coalition Air Force Transition Team. He was congratulated by members of the 370th Expeditionary Training Squadron and his wife received messages of support and congratulations from fellow Air Force families.
nikked
Gold Member
They did it a day early, because in Iraq, Friday is their Sunday, but my husband had his Promotion Ceremony. I hate the fact that I couldn't be there to "tack" on his MSgt. Stripes, but I am so very proud of him.

Attached is an article that someone wrote. It is being to sent to the Williams, AZ and the Albuquerque, NM newspapers, so I know it is okay to post here.

If you are so inclined, I know he would appreciate any and all "congratulations". He is able to check his personal email several times a week. The email address is [email protected].

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support.

PromotionUebel.jpg

MSgt Uebel reads the Airmen's Creed to the members of the Coalition Air Force Transition Team, 370th Expeditionary Training Squadron.

PromotionUebel2.jpg

MSgt Uebel is officially sworn into senior enlisted officer corps by Senior Master Sergeant Randall Williams, Superintendent, 370th Expeditionary Training Squadron.

PromotionUebel3.jpg

TSgt Uebel has his master sergeant stripes "tacked" on by Senior Master Sergeant Randall Williams, Superintendent, 370th Expeditionary Training Squadron (right) and Lieutenant Colonel Kim "Felix" Hawthorne, Commander, 370th Expeditionary Training Squadron.

Attachments

• PROMOTION NewsRelease.doc
    1.8 MB · Views: 354
That is wonderful and I will definately send him an email when i have time. I was in the AF for 4 years. I will definately keep your husband, and you and your family in my prayers.

Wow....congratulations! Glad they are going to put him in the paper!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, too...those are really nice!

Thanks for sharing his success with us! You should be very proud! And I will definitely send him an email!!!

That's awesome. My hubby just had Staff tacked on yesterday!!

Congratulations! Staff was the hardest for my DH, but Master has been a long haul too. The hardest part of every year is between Feb. (when they test) and June (when the results are released). Did he make it? How far did he miss it by? That wait sucks big time!

Congrats! Hey you have to change your signature line now and remove the "soon to be"... awesome!!!Lynda

That's great, Nicole! Say, have you heard of Toys for Troops? It's an effort to send toys and care packages to US soldiers overseas. Care packages for the soldiers, and toys to distribute to local children to create goodwill. They're looking for more soldiers to send stuff to. Would that be something your husband is interested in? There's info at This Just In or http://www.toys-for-troops.com/

That's great news Nicole! I'll try to get an email sent to him too!

Congratulations that is awesome! I am going to drop him an email right now to let him know that myself and my family are thinking of him and appreciate all they are doing for us!

From our Air Force Family to yours, Congrats! What a great accomplishment!

Wow! There are more AF families here than I realized!! Congrats, Nicole! I wasn't there when they 'tacked' on my husband's rocker either. I am hoping he will get the double rocker soon so I can tack that on!! He's heading out Tuesday morning at 0400 for his deployment. Just know that we are all thinking of your family! I can relate if you ever need to vent, I will be home with my new baby too!!

Geekgirl69 said:
Congrats! Hey you have to change your signature line now and remove the "soon to be"... awesome!!!

Lynda

Done...thanks for the reminder!

You have all the reason in the world to be proud of your man. Congratulations.

That's great news - congratulations! :) My DH just found out a couple of weeks ago that he made staff; he was soo excited! He missed it my 2 stinkin points last year, so it sounded like he was about to jump through the phone when he told me that he made it by over 30 points this time!! :D
Tell your hubby "great job!"

nikked said:
The hardest part of every year is between Feb. (when they test) and June (when the results are released). QUOTE]

Tell me about it! :D DH had a countdown going - every time he'd call, he would tell me how many days were left until the results came it! lol

ahammons said:
That's great news - congratulations! :) My DH just found out a couple of weeks ago that he made staff; he was soo excited! He missed it my 2 stinkin points last year, so it sounded like he was about to jump through the phone when he told me that he made it by over 30 points this time!! :D
Tell your hubby "great job!"

Congratulations to your hubby too...and to all the promotees.

One year, DH missed Master by a fraction. Really sucked! But once they make it, it is so worth it!

Congratulations again!

Congratulations!

Congrats!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!

THanks from TonyI got this email this morning from my DH...

MSgt. Anthony Uebel said:
Hi Hun,

I've received so many congrats & thank yous from the PC crowd that I simply
can't respond to everyone. Please make a posting thanking everyone for
their support. I really wanted to reply to everyone individually, but in
the limited computer time I have, I can barely read all of them.

Love you & miss you!

Tony

So, thanks from the both of us. I know I could count on my on-line "family" to overwhelm him with congrats. I really appreciate it!

1. What is an early promotion ceremony in Iraq?

An early promotion ceremony in Iraq is a military tradition where a service member is recognized and promoted to a higher rank before their scheduled promotion date due to exceptional performance or circumstance. It is typically held in Iraq to honor and celebrate the service member's achievements.

2. How is the early promotion ceremony different from a regular promotion ceremony?

The main difference between an early promotion ceremony and a regular promotion ceremony is the timing. A regular promotion ceremony is held on the service member's scheduled promotion date, while an early promotion ceremony can be held at any time before the scheduled date. Additionally, an early promotion ceremony in Iraq may have a more informal atmosphere compared to a traditional ceremony.

3. Who can attend the early promotion ceremony in Iraq?

The early promotion ceremony in Iraq is typically open to all service members and their families, as well as invited guests. However, due to security reasons, the ceremony may be limited to certain individuals and may require special clearance to attend.

4. What happens during the early promotion ceremony in Iraq?

During the early promotion ceremony, the service member being promoted will receive their new rank insignia and may also be presented with a certificate or other recognition. There may also be speeches, a reading of the service member's achievements, and a formal oath of office. The ceremony may also include traditional military customs and traditions.

5. How can I show my support for my husband during the early promotion ceremony in Iraq?

There are many ways to show your support for your husband during the early promotion ceremony in Iraq. You can attend the ceremony, if possible, and be a part of the celebration. You can also send a care package or letters to let your husband know you are thinking of them. Additionally, you can reach out to other military spouses for support and plan ways to honor and celebrate your husband's achievements together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
angmillar
Back