• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reach Out to Former Hosts: ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas

In summary, the Home Office is mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and highlights the benefits of hosting a Cooking Show, the host rewards program, and the September Host Special. It also includes the contact information of an active Director in the host's area and encourages them to contact the Director. This has caused some frustration among consultants who feel that all leads are going to Directors and not being shared with the rest of the team. Some suggest taking matters into their own hands by searching for past hosts in their local area and reaching out to them directly before the Home Office does. Others believe that this is a perk for Directors and a potential incentive
Is that a book you can get like at Barnes and Noble?? Sounds pretty interesting.....

ShanaSmith said:
Addie: I didn't know that either! Wow! I'm sorry you missed it, that would be really hard. I hope this year goes better for you.

I was so mad at myself because if I had worked a little harder I would have had it!! I focused to much on getting 6 qualified before the deadline that my sales suffered. Had I been aware though I wouldn't have pushed so hard and they would have been recruits for the new TPC year though. Lesson Learned.

at least you have lots of incentive points!

ShanaSmith said:
at least you have lots of incentive points!
True, if I end up going on the cruise it will be because of that!! I love it that with PC while you're trying to earn one thing you are also working towards something else.

reba515 said:
I had a recruit a while back that decided PC just wasn't her thing, (less than a year ago)

Well she gave me all her contacts and shows she had scheduled I sent a letter to each one telling them to contact me from now on, etc etc.
and did several of her shows and met many new customers.

My point is what if one of these hosts gets a packet?!! There goes all my hard work ! It makes me look like a idiot.
There had been past hosts at the shows I ended up doing.

If you're keeping up with the contact/host coaching...then the host would just say, no thanks, I'm already working with another consultant.

If you're doing what you should be doing with your hosts, then why would you look like an idiot? You're doing your job, the best way you know therefore, it should be working for you!

pamperedlinda said:
I would hope that when HO queries the host info they will be able to see that this host's last show was with an active consultant and they won't send anything to them....kwim? I think since they are focusing on consultants who have been inactive for more than one year then they will be sending this to hosts who have not had a show in over a year whose last show was with an inactive consultant......make sense?

Hey Linda!
Thank you for putting it the way you did. That was my first fear I have had 3 girls go inactive and I have fabulous business from there "leftovers" That was my main concern was that they would contact all their past hosts. But, the way you said it makes more sense. Only hosts that have only had a show with the inactive consultant will be contacted.
Time to move up to director then!
:)

Kitchen2u said:
If you're keeping up with the contact/host coaching...then the host would just say, no thanks, I'm already working with another consultant.

If you're doing what you should be doing with your hosts, then why would you look like an idiot? You're doing your job, the best way you know therefore, it should be working for you!

well Ginny I suppose your right! :)
I'm not too concerned, i just thought I would throw that out there (long before things got so heated on this thread :D )

still keeping my mouth shut...........

Well said Becky....I've been avoiding posting here because I didn't like the direction this thread was going. C'mon us non-directors, let's work harder so we can get the perks too:thumbup:

"The Secret" is a good book....it's all about positive thinking can get you anything. It kinda goes along with Les Hewitt who spoke with the directors at conference. There was a thread talking about this book awhile back (I think I started it!)

lacychef said:
"The Secret" is a good book....it's all about positive thinking can get you anything. It kinda goes along with Les Hewitt who spoke with the directors at conference. There was a thread talking about this book awhile back (I think I started it!)

"The Secret" goes beyong Positive Thinking... you can think positive ALL THE TIME and things in your life can still be pretty crappy! It's about the Law of Attraction which basically says, what you project, you get. So if you are projecting Positive Thoughts, you will reap positive resutls... if you project Negative Thoughts, you will have negative things in your life.

Think about it... It's so easy to see the direction of consultants' businesses by the way they talk about PC and their personal businesses. I see it on my team ALL THE TIME! A few complain about everything and then wonder why their businesses are in the dumper... we can't be negative about something and expect something good to result from it.

It's a great book and the DVD is even better. The DVD is 90 minutes and worth it the time. You can get the book and DVD at Barnes & Noble.

You put it into words better Colleen! It's still early & my brain isn't awake yet!

finley1991 said:
Think about it... It's so easy to see the direction of consultants' businesses by the way they talk about PC and their personal businesses. I see it on my team ALL THE TIME! A few complain about everything and then wonder why their businesses are in the dumper... we can't be negative about something and expect something good to result from it.

EXACTLY!! I see it on my team, and I see it all over this message board. Thing about WHAT you are projecting...then look at your business. There are those who are ranting and raving and complaning...and there are those looking for the positive, seeking solutions and finding new and better ways to run their business......

jasonmva said:
To PampMomof3 -- just because someone wants to vent something does not give you the right to tell them that if they don't like the way things are with the company then they should go sell for another company. That was a rude statement. We are all allowed to vent frustration with the company...any employee does. The title of the post let you know it was a venting post so if you didn't want to read it then you didn't have to. And apparently your recruiter couldn't have had too much of an attidtude or I don't think you would have signed with her.

There I am done now.

I'm sorry if I came off rude saying that Leah should go to a different company but if I remember right, she was saying that she was comtemplating on whether PC was right for her anymore. I thought that I would say that if she did join somewhere else, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. That's all.

About my recruiter, she's a great gal, really is but I felt like I could do the job as well or better than her and that's why I joined with her. I also didn't know of anyone else selling!

Thank you Becky for stating that you're not referring people here anymore either. You're right that it does say Vent and I scanned through it and kept my mouth shut but something told me I had to say something! Sorry!

Wow, you guys... we're all entitled to our own opinions. There is no right or wrong. But just because you're entitled to your own opinion does not mean that you should express them in such a rude and hateful manner.

And this is a COMMUNITY. Of *mostly* women.
Hello?
Of course you're going to see little spats every now and then. Sometimes you just have to take what certain people say with a grain of salt, and just *smile and nod* as they go on blah blah'ing about their hoity-toity opinions and "I know everything about everything" self righteousness. LOL. :D

But to not offer this board as a source for your new consultants to check out and make THEIR OWN DECISION on whether to stay? Well, thats about as selfish as not offering the opportunity to someone that could very well need it. We're all grown-ups. We know what's ethical, and whether or not we want to stay or go. Taking away that freedom to choose is just silly, IMO. (in my opinion ;))

This is a great message board and the board has some really fantastic members. Don't keep this valuable community a secret from your newbies, guys. That's not fair to anyone - especially those of us who ARE helpful and try to give back to the community by being positive and giving out advice in private conversations simply to help, without monetary gain - and it's not fair to Deb and Greg who work tirelessly to make this a community for ALL consultants.

That's my 2 copper's worth. ;)

PampMomof3 said:
I'm sorry if I came off rude saying that Leah should go to a different company but if I remember right, she was saying that she was comtemplating on whether PC was right for her anymore. I thought that I would say that if she did join somewhere else, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. That's all.

About my recruiter, she's a great gal, really is but I felt like I could do the job as well or better than her and that's why I joined with her. I also didn't know of anyone else selling!

Thank you Becky for stating that you're not referring people here anymore either. You're right that it does say Vent and I scanned through it and kept my mouth shut but something told me I had to say something! Sorry!

I NEVER SAID I was thinking about leaving PC... nor would I imply that.....

PampMomof3 said:
I'm sorry if I came off rude saying that Leah should go to a different company but if I remember right, she was saying that she was comtemplating on whether PC was right for her anymore.

FYI... It wasn't Leah who said that she was thinking about leaving PC... it was northern sunshine, post #35

Ok so I have an odd question. I live in CT, my recruiter lives in GA and my Director lives in CA!!! Y'all with me still!!! ;) So if a Director in upstate CT got a lead closer to me in, downstate (???) CT, and she had no team members in this area, what would be the possibility of her passing a lead along to me? Slim to none right?
Sorry to hijack, just wanted to ask?

Stacey--I think you've got it right! Do you attend someone's meetings in CT? Sometimes a really AWESOME hospitality director will share with you. That is even fewer and further between than the other, but it does happen on occasion.

EDIT: This post took me some time to write and several other posts were made after I started it.

Okay ladies. Don't you think this has gone far enough?

We are a bunch of opinionated women here and we all know that but let's stop the bickering. Calling each other names and referring to opinions stated as hoity-toity and such is childish. Things have been said that shouldn't have been said or came across wrong but we are all human. Give each other a break and stop defending or argueing every little point. Sure some comments were out of line on both "sides" but we are all human.

We all understand that some things don't seem fair. Several directors have chimed in here and tried to explain why it is fair that the lead system is done the way it is (some even saying that it could also be improved - I think that a consultant who sells say $5000 in 3 of 4 months should get leads even if she is not a director but I do not make the rules either) . We have suggested things to help you get that promotion but some are focused on feeling sorry for themselves (or are upset with PC in general for personal reasons and so fuel the fire) and aren't seeing the caring/concern that is also being expressed by us.

See the thread on tips to build your business to see what you can do to help yourself get to that promotion. For or one thing you must be doing shows regularly - If you haven't had a cooking show in some time you are not "working your business" - you may be sending out information and wearing PC logo clothing and doing other things but if you aren't following up enough to get the shows you aren't at the level to promote let alone be the person to be handed business through the lead system. If you are doing everything that you can think of and aren't getting results then you need to be looking at what you are saying and doing and change things up. Very few of us got where we are without some sweat and tears and changes in what we are doing. Talk to your upline for ideas. Have them listen in or attend a recruiting interview with you or audit one of your shows or role play with them so they can hear what you're doing and help you. Stop thinking that you are entitled. No one is entitled. If you want something then work harder for it - don't whine.

Some may think that I am expressing an "I know everything about everything" attitude and so be it but I am only trying to help as are the others who have posted here. We all have other things we could be doing than trying to help each other - none of us are getting any pay for being on here trying to help. We care about this virtual cluster we are part of and want to make sure that the information you get is true and accurate and that you are doing your business in a way that represents the PC mission and helps you advance.

This thread is a prime example of why some of us choose to not introduce new consultants to this site until they are more comfortable with their business. We don't want them to think that PC is as negative as some make it sound with the complaining that has been happening on here since National Conference especially. Like everything else, it is an individual choice to do our business our way.

Chef Kearns said:
Stacey--I think you've got it right! Do you attend someone's meetings in CT? Sometimes a really AWESOME hospitality director will share with you. That is even fewer and further between than the other, but it does happen on occasion.

Unfortunately not :( havent found anyone close by yet. Im also moving in about 2mths so Ill be back on the hunt for another hospitality cluster then :) Im just imposing on everyones clusters :p hehehe

Well, stick with it Stacey. As you can tell there are ups and downs with this business, but the benefits and joys wayyy outweigh the few downpoints. Do you know where you are moving to? When you do, let us know. Chances are one of us can help you find a cluster home.

Good luck!!

BethCooks4U said:
EDIT: This post took me some time to write and several other posts were made after I started it.

We are a bunch of opinionated women here and we all know that but let's stop the bickering. Calling each other names and referring to opinions stated as hoity-toity and such is childish. Things have been said that shouldn't have been said or came across wrong but we are all human. Give each other a break and stop defending or argueing every little point. Sure some comments were out of line on both "sides" but we are all human.

We all understand that some things don't seem fair. Several directors have chimed in here and tried to explain why it is fair that the lead system is done the way it is (some even saying that it could also be improved - I think that a consultant who sells say $5000 in 3 of 4 months should get leads even if she is not a director but I do not make the rules either) . We have suggested things to help you get that promotion but some are focused on feeling sorry for themselves (or are upset with PC in general for personal reasons and so fuel the fire) and aren't seeing the caring/concern that is also being expressed by us.

See the thread on tips to build your business to see what you can do to help yourself get to that promotion. For or one thing you must be doing shows regularly - If you haven't had a cooking show in some time you are not "working your business" - you may be sending out information and wearing PC logo clothing and doing other things but if you aren't following up enough to get the shows you aren't at the level to promote let alone be the person to be handed business through the lead system. If you are doing everything that you can think of and aren't getting results then you need to be looking at what you are saying and doing and change things up. Very few of us got where we are without some sweat and tears and changes in what we are doing. Talk to your upline for ideas. Have them listen in or attend a recruiting interview with you or audit one of your shows or role play with them so they can hear what you're doing and help you. Stop thinking that you are entitled. No one is entitled. If you want something then work harder for it - don't whine.

Some may think that I am expressing an "I know everything about everything" attitude and so be it but I am only trying to help as are the others who have posted here. We all have other things we could be doing than trying to help each other - none of us are getting any pay for being on here trying to help. We care about this virtual cluster we are part of and want to make sure that the information you get is true and accurate and that you are doing your business in a way that represents the PC mission and helps you advance.

This thread is a prime example of why some of us choose to not introduce new consultants to this site until they are more comfortable with their business. We don't want them to think that PC is as negative as some make it sound with the complaining that has been happening on here since National Conference especially. Like everything else, it is an individual choice to do our business our way.

Well said Beth.
I'm done!! I honestly don't feel like I need to defend my actions anymore! I TRIED helping and all I did was get knocked down by several people SO, yes, I WILL be keeping this site to myself for awhile. I know several other members on this board are not mentioning it to new recruits either. It's not just me but I will choose to help my team and not be on here nearly as much.

Sorry I tried helping. :( If anyone does need me, you can contact me off board.:)

Chef Kearns said:
Well, stick with it Stacey. As you can tell there are ups and downs with this business, but the benefits and joys wayyy outweigh the few downpoints. Do you know where you are moving to? When you do, let us know. Chances are one of us can help you find a cluster home.

Good luck!!

FLORIDA BABY :D An area called in Indian River! Ok Im gonna stop hijacking this thread and start a new one!! :)

I don't want to start the debate up again I just hope to shed light on how we went wrong so we can prevent it in the future. You guys game? Still with me?

Okay, when I'm talking with my husband about a problem or something that is irking me in that moment he always wants to jump in and "solve" the problem for me. He doesn't want to validate my feelings or just let me "be" in my emotions. He wants to solve the problem for me so I'll stop complaining. What he doesn't understand is if he would just listen to me and let me be upset for the moment the complaining will stop.

I think that is where we veered off. I know you all wanted to help and offer solutions, but I started this thread simply to vent. I wanted to purge the emotions and be done. I thank everyone for listening to my rant!! However, and I can only speak for myself, I wasn't looking for a solution in this thread. This one was just a Venting thread. I'm sure there are lots of ways I need to improve myself to improve my business and I read those appropriate threads and seek help when I can.

Sometimes people just want/need and ear to hear them and to validate their feelings.

There is no debating this point, this fact. Directors have earned a level of prestige in our company. Awards, perks and benefits should befall them. This news could've been executed in a better fashion in my opinion. That opinion does not take away from anything Directors get or should get. I was just thinking that it makes more sense for the lead to find a home in the family it originated it from. You know find the recruiter, if she's not available then go to a sister-consultant in the same town. Something like that. I don't know, whatever.

Chef Kearns said:
I don't want to start the debate up again I just hope to shed light on how we went wrong so we can prevent it in the future. You guys game? Still with me?

Okay, when I'm talking with my husband about a problem or something that is irking me in that moment he always wants to jump in and "solve" the problem for me. He doesn't want to validate my feelings or just let me "be" in my emotions. He wants to solve the problem for me so I'll stop complaining. What he doesn't understand is if he would just listen to me and let me be upset for the moment the complaining will stop.

I think that is where we veered off. I know you all wanted to help and offer solutions, but I started this thread simply to vent. I wanted to purge the emotions and be done. I thank everyone for listening to my rant!! However, and I can only speak for myself, I wasn't looking for a solution in this thread. This one was just a Venting thread. I'm sure there are lots of ways I need to improve myself to improve my business and I read those appropriate threads and seek help when I can.

Sometimes people just want/need and ear to hear them and to validate their feelings.

There is no debating this point, this fact. Directors have earned a level of prestige in our company. Awards, perks and benefits should befall them. This news could've been executed in a better fashion in my opinion. That opinion does not take away from anything Directors get or should get. I was just thinking that it makes more sense for the lead to find a home in the family it originated it from. You know find the recruiter, if she's not available then go to a sister-consultant in the same town. Something like that. I don't know, whatever.

Very well said!!!!

Chef Kearns said:

I totally understand. Your husband example is perfect and we all should be allowed to vent without a lecture.

My comments weren't directed to your original post, but to others that took the thread to the darker feelings and emotions.

Thanks for the clarification on your part and I am sorry if I caused you stress.

Chef Kearns said:

I used to walk into my bosses office and say I need to vent and I need you to just offer a "that stinks/sorry you are having a bad day" do NOT give me advice or try to help me with my problem. In a couple of hours I'll be back to tell you what I've come up with now that I've calmed down.

I do the same thing with my husband. I spell out that it is a vent and I just need sympathy/validation for my frustration so I can move on. Maybe in the future when venting include in the post that you want sympathy/validation NOT solutions.

tlennhoff said:
I spell out that it is a vent and I just need sympathy/validation for my frustration so I can move on. Maybe in the future when venting include in the post that you want sympathy/validation NOT solutions.

Is that a solution?:p

Chef Kearns said:
Is that a solution?:p

LOL... ummm well for future threads to not get ugly yes. But to the current problem no. :love:

BethCooks4U said:
Calling each other names and referring to opinions stated as hoity-toity and such is childish.

LOL since I'm the one that said the phrase "hoity-toity" I feel the right to laugh at this quote... where you're calling what I said "childish" and yet you're kind of repremanding for calling names.

?

I know you probably meant well...but that came out kind of contradictory. A few people have asked me recently saying that it seems like you follow my posts and post something that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, but more just to "berate me" (their wording not mine) about almost everything I say, and I never really noticed it till they said something ;) I'm sure that it's probably just coming out wrong, because you're surely not stalking me! :D

BethCooks4U said:

:::::applauding loudly::::::::
Very well said Beth...as always you are the voice of reason!!
Love ya!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pampered Laura said:
LOL since I'm the one that said the phrase "hoity-toity" I feel the right to laugh at this quote... where you're calling what I said "childish" and yet you're kind of repremanding for calling names.

?

I know you probably meant well...but that came out kind of contradictory. A few people have asked me recently saying that it seems like you follow my posts and post something that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, but more just to "berate me" (their wording not mine) about almost everything I say, and I never really noticed it till they said something ;) I'm sure that it's probably just coming out wrong, because you're surely not stalking me! :D
I hardly think so - I have much better things to do with my time then worry about you. I guess you happen to be on some of the same threads I am on - free country - free forum. I am as human as the next person and am at times contradictory - my bad.

Laura, if I come across as "berating" you I certainly don't mean to but I am tired of your tongue in cheek and back-handed comments about a variety of things. There are plenty of times you have posted things that I wanted to comment on but I kept quiet so as not to seem to be negative about you (in contrast to correcting inaccurate information - on subject or off). You won't have a clue as to what I am talking about but no surprise there and I am not going to get into a discussion with you about the stuff you have said in the last few months (some/much of which you have deleted, I'm sure to save face) - you know what you are doing and so do I and so do many others.

I will be sure to be more aware of how my posts that follow yours may sound to others but I do have a right to my opinion and I will continue to correct misstatements or misinformation about my company that I see no matter if it is you or someone else making them.

If you think you will start beating me up and chase me out of here you are sorely wrong. I will continue to help others know the correct and ethical way to do their business with the Pampered Chef as long as I am a consultant with this company. I don't have to stay on Chef Success (and believe me there have been times when I was very close to leaving) but I have learned a lot, feel I have a lot to offer and love a lot of the people on this site - therefore I am sure I will follow posts that you make in the future so just lighten up.

Last edited:
Geez... the only thing I deleted EVER from this board was my "changes" thread, and that was seriously done as a "dare ya" type of thing. I left it up long after the subject had changed and never edited my original post. ;)

The post I made above was a very light hearted one. Sorry you took it so seriously! I don't beat people up or chase people away. LOL. If I really thought you were harassing me in posts, I'd lodge a complaint to the mods. I really don't think you're a stalker. ;) And I'm really not as evil as you may think I am. Believe it or not, I do run a very ethical and upright business, and do things to the best of my ability in every aspect. I'm human though, and *gasp* make mistakes every now and then. So do my consultants. We all do. I do like being the type of person that people can make a mistake around and know that they're not going to be reprimanded or hear a big ole "tsk tsk" from. ;)
We're all entitled to agree with those that we agree with and sometimes personalities just click with different people. No biggie. I'm light! :D

Pampered Laura said:
Geez... the only thing I deleted EVER from this board was my "changes" thread, and that was seriously done as a "dare ya" type of thing. I left it up long after the subject had changed and never edited my original post. ;)

The post I made above was a very light hearted one. Sorry you took it so seriously! I don't beat people up or chase people away. LOL. If I really thought you were harassing me in posts, I'd lodge a complaint to the mods. I really don't think you're a stalker. ;) And I'm really not as evil as you may think I am. Believe it or not, I do run a very ethical and upright business, and do things to the best of my ability in every aspect. I'm human though, and *gasp* make mistakes every now and then. So do my consultants. We all do. I do like being the type of person that people can make a mistake around and know that they're not going to be reprimanded or hear a big ole "tsk tsk" from. ;)
We're all entitled to agree with those that we agree with and sometimes personalities just click with different people. No biggie. I'm light! :D
Good to hear. But I have to say that your comments did not come across as light hearted in the least. Never said you were evil either - I just feel that you always manage to change everything around to sound like "I'm so nice and you're not". This is so junior high (I know - I'm there too) and I am done with the subject. Obviously I need to lighten up myself.

Beth I think it's just hard to tell someone's "tone" via written words. I meant my post as a "heehee, people are asking me about this, and I never even noticed it till then" type of thing.
If I say something that sounds tongue in cheek (sometimes I do, because really? I'm kinda sarcastic that way) or backhanded (which to me means sneaky or manipulative... in which case I don't agree) then I apologize. I'll watch what I type better so that I don't come across that way as much.

Honestly I could make a huge stink about a LOT of dirty laundry, after everything I've been through and have seen/heard so much that shocks me... but I don't. Aren't I nice? Oops, that was tongue in cheek again. Darnit. :D

Anyway - I don't think you're "not nice".... maybe just "more serious" than I am ;) but not "not nice". :D I definately think you have the best intentions with your posts.

My Observations:

When I first read Laura's post about Beth - I read it as a personal attack on Beth. No matter how many smilies you put with it - those type of words are inflammatory and said to create a feeling of dissention. Beth was trying to take an already inflamed conversation and cool it off, and was addressing some things that had already been said that were so uncalled for.

Beth is someone who has been here for a long time as our friend. She has given all of us good advice, she has been a shoulder to cry on, and a motivator and inspirator. I think people should consider the whole truth of who she is, and what she has meant to all of us, before letting emotions rule and attacking her for trying to be a voice of reason.

Can I just say that I actually left CS last year because of all the negativity about conference and the HO Tour. I was so put off because it was my first trip and I was going on a tour. Anyway, whenever anyone mentioned CS I said, "No way! I am not going back on there! It is way too negative." Anyhow, I moved this past winter and I needed ideas and a fresh start. I got a reminder from Greg about my subscription and thought I should give it another try, but this time I will CHOOSE TO SEE THINGS POSITIVELY. It has changed my view of CS tremendously! I don't go on the negs or vents unless I feel I need to. I hardly was ever on the lounge until Paige went missing and now I check everything. Now, I get to chat with Heather who is in my cluster (whom I had met first here on CS) about anything and I feel like I am back home.

In this case I was confused on this email. Got the answer and then was off. However, things were so bad when I checked for my answer I thought here we go again. Not so! Because I won't let it take me there again. There has actually been some pretty good advice here that I have taken with me and now will be implementing in my business. I am going to check that book now "the Secret" because I know that is the direction I am going with my business and life. POSITIVE! I do refer people to CS again because they are big enough to make the decision themselves.

Whoops! forgot to warn of a Hijack ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
My Observations:

When I first read Laura's post about Beth - I read it as a personal attack on Beth. No matter how many smilies you put with it - those type of words are inflammatory and said to create a feeling of dissention. Beth was trying to take an already inflamed conversation and cool it off, and was addressing some things that had already been said that were so uncalled for.

Beth is someone who has been here for a long time as our friend. She has given all of us good advice, she has been a shoulder to cry on, and a motivator and inspirator. I think people should consider the whole truth of who she is, and what she has meant to all of us, before letting emotions rule and attacking her for trying to be a voice of reason.
Aw, sorry Becky (and Beth) I didnt mean it like that at all. I don't do personal attacks, that's just uncool.

Answer from HOit is pretty much what I expected :rolleyes: :( ...

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef.

While we understand your concerns regarding this implementation, we felt that these hosts should be treated as a leads. Therefore the decision was to assign these hosts to Directors in their areas.

We do review our policies from time to time and while not all suggestions are not implemented, they are all considered in future changes. I will forward your suggesrtion to the appropriate department.

Again, thank you for taking the time to address this matter with us.

Margarette Smetkowski
Solution Center Representative

Kearns,
I wanted to Say I totally understood where you were comming from in your need to vent. Sometimes we just need to get out of our system things that are bothering us. At times I will tell my hubby it is ok if he just sits there and nods. I don't even care if he is even really listening as long as he pretends to LOL!

If you ever need to vent again feel free to Pm or email me.

As for wether I agree or disagree I refuse to go there after all that has been said in this thread. People see things differently and that is OK. We need to be there to support eachother as business women (and men). Not to attack eachother for our differing opinions.

Thank you, Paulette.

etteluap70PC said:
Kearns,
I wanted to Say I totally understood where you were comming from in your need to vent. Sometimes we just need to get out of our system things that are bothering us. At times I will tell my hubby it is ok if he just sits there and nods. I don't even care if he is even really listening as long as he pretends to LOL!

If you ever need to vent again feel free to Pm or email me.

As for wether I agree or disagree I refuse to go there after all that has been said in this thread. People see things differently and that is OK. We need to be there to support eachother as business women (and men). Not to attack eachother for our differing opinions.

Thanks for posting Paulette, this has been bothering me for a few days after I read the other comments about "venting". I didn't know how to put it into words and for it to come out in a pleasent way. You are very sweet and kind.

Rennea

Well said Paulette! Sorry for your frustrations Sandra, heres to you promoting soon! :)

rennea said:
Thanks for posting Paulette, this has been bothering me for a few days after I read the other comments about "venting". I didn't know how to put it into words and for it to come out in a pleasent way. You are very sweet and kind.

Rennea

Awww Shucks......

:blushing:

Stinks! Leads should go to everyone who is out there working their business. I'm a FD and usually have monthly sales over $4,000. Would love to be a director, but can't keep them all signed up and active at the same time. Too much stress and annoyance - I'm just in it for my own sales now, but think it would be fair for leads to go to consultants of all levels who are out there working hard.

Just my two cents!

I am a FD but I work my business as a hobby. So, I can see HO giving leads to someone else. Do I think it should be a director...not necessarily. HO knows who is working and who is not. It would not be hard to pick any PC consultant, director or not, in the area the lead is from. I must say that my director is over 3 hours from my home and that is my fault. I signed with a friends daughter and she quit soon after, so I was passed to her upline. But, I have an awesome hospitality director. She received a home office lead that was closer to me than her, so she passed it on to me. She lives over an hour from me and did not want to drive that far...gas is too high right now. Her passed on lead became not only a party, but a recruit. That recruit is now inactive because she took a FT job. So, you never know what these leads are going to become. I am hoping she will pick up her PC business again.

I would like to see a search on the PC site to put in your zipcode and be able to find a consultant in your area. Other DS companies have them, why can't we? I know that if I had requested info and received a call from my director, I wouldn't have signed because she lives too far away.

However, there are things in all companies that people do not like. It is the same in every small business, every church, every school, every city, county, state, etc. You can't please everyone and so you just do the best you can. I have nothing to say about anyone's posts. I read this as a venting place and that is what it is. I love PC and Chef Success.

Well said Shawnna!

heat123 said:
Well said Shawnna!
I agree well said, not negative in any way but respecting of other peoples opinions.

Most DS companies have a system in place when it comes to that, the one I was in before gave them to all who sold a certain amount per month. If you missed it on any given month you would not get leads until your sales were back up again. I got two leads when I was at the other company as a consultant and frankly I take care for them and they soon they left. It was a hobby for me not a serious business and they deserved someone who was driven to train and guide them. I lost track of them but if I could I would contact them and say, sorry about before but I'm now comitted to something I love and am willing to go the extra mile to train and simply be there. :(

I am with all of you. I have a director that has her direct recruits and her favorites and hands off shows to them left and right when she is out of state. (She basically resides in 2 states and working the bus, in 2).
I am currently doing a Women's Expo and one of the qualifications is that directors and above are on a waiting list unless they bring their downline, or if the consultant participates in other vendor fairs in the city to let the little fish begin to grow.
I had 2 MK Executive reps call me and battled furiously w/ me when they found out that "consultants" had the spot by sticking the contract and check between my doors on a Sat and they both called Mon. They went on to tell me MK never handles their bus. that way. I told them they both need to allow their new consultants have the opportunity to grow their business, and quit being so da** greedy!
So sad to say neither of them will be supporting my womens expo because I refused to give the consultants name or rescind their contract. The balls of people. The greed in this world just really gets to me!!

<h2>1. What is the ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas?</h2><p>The ExecuFlash is a communication sent out by Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales at Pampered Chef, to share important information and updates with Consultants.</p><h2>2. What is the plan for reaching out to former hosts?</h2><p>The Home Office will be mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and information about hosting a Cooking Show, host rewards, and the September Host Special.</p><h2>3. Who will be included in the mailing?</h2><p>The mailing will include the contact information of an active Director in the host's area. This Director will either be the upline Director of their former Consultant or a Director who lives within 50 miles of the host.</p><h2>4. How will Directors be notified about the host referrals?</h2><p>Directors whose names are sent to one of these hosts will be notified by email. The email will include suggestions on how to follow-up with the former hosts and a link to a report on Consultant's Corner with the name and contact information of the past hosts who received the Director's information.</p><h2>5. What if I have questions about the program?</h2><p>If you have questions about the program, a Question & Answer section is posted on Consultant's Corner with more information. You can find this by going to Consultant's Corner > Consultant and Leadership Training > Reports > Host Referral Program.</p>

1. What is the ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas?

The ExecuFlash is a communication sent out by Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales at Pampered Chef, to share important information and updates with Consultants.

2. What is the plan for reaching out to former hosts?

The Home Office will be mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and information about hosting a Cooking Show, host rewards, and the September Host Special.

3. Who will be included in the mailing?

The mailing will include the contact information of an active Director in the host's area. This Director will either be the upline Director of their former Consultant or a Director who lives within 50 miles of the host.

4. How will Directors be notified about the host referrals?

Directors whose names are sent to one of these hosts will be notified by email. The email will include suggestions on how to follow-up with the former hosts and a link to a report on Consultant's Corner with the name and contact information of the past hosts who received the Director's information.

5. What if I have questions about the program?

If you have questions about the program, a Question & Answer section is posted on Consultant's Corner with more information. You can find this by going to Consultant's Corner > Consultant and Leadership Training > Reports > Host Referral Program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies
Views
thebowman
Replies
Views