• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reach Out to Former Hosts: ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas

In summary, the Home Office is mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and highlights the benefits of hosting a Cooking Show, the host rewards program, and the September Host Special. It also includes the contact information of an active Director in the host's area and encourages them to contact the Director. This has caused some frustration among consultants who feel that all leads are going to Directors and not being shared with the rest of the team. Some suggest taking matters into their own hands by searching for past hosts in their local area and reaching out to them directly before the Home Office does. Others believe that this is a perk for Directors and a potential incentive
cmdtrgd said:
Now, I see myself as a "good" director. If/when I receive those leads, and they are geographically closer to another consultant in my downline who IS working, I will contact the past host to make sure they are interested and then pass the lead to that consultant. I have done it before and will continue to do it!

Good for you!!! It's nice to hear that your a great director:) :) I think that it's wonderful that you do that.

My director is about 6 hours or so away from me and there are no other directors closer to me. If she gets a "lead" she tells them to go to her website or will do catty shows over the phone and email. Not good customer service if you ask me!! That is my whole point on this topic If somebody has worked hard to become a director then leads should go to them first, but if there isn't a director in the area then it should go to the closest consultant. That's just good customer service in my book!

This just happened when change over came up.............

My change over box was delivered to another consultant, she is new and didn't know that there was any other consultants in the area. (there is now two of us:) )She gave the box back to UPS but took down my number and called me. She is new to town and wanted to join, went on the website and got information signed up. She felt bad that they never gave her my information, she would have signed up under me!! With that said I'm not looking to become a director, this is just a "hobby" for me. But if I did I'd be po'd. We both have never had support from our "directors" because we live so far away from them. My director as done ZIP for me, I was a HO lead so she weeps the benefits and I don't. She got the good old "congrats to X for recruiting this month" in the cluster newsletter. hmm...So that is my 2 cents on it.

I try to look at it from HO's point of view. MOST (not all...and we all have come in contact with em) directors are consistent and this is their main focus. We cannot be a part of any other direct sales company - it says so in the contract. Again, MOST directors are on top of things. Now, this DOES NOT mean that if you are NOT a director that you are not working your business or are not on top of things or that this is not your only source of income/focus, etc. However, it is hard for HO to say "okay, we choose consultants X, Y, and B to get leads, but not the rest". Directors are SUPPOSED to be focusing on PC which makes it easier for HO to say, "when you promote to director and sell $1250 three out of every 4 months, you get leads". I know I have met some consultants who sell $3000 a month but do NOT want to recruit. What do you think would happen to a HO lead that wanted to be recruited if it went to a top seller who wasn't interested in becoming a director?I believe that is one of the reasons that HO has the lead system set up that way. I am not saying it is fair, but it is the most responsible way to take care of our customers and recruit leads that come through HO.I would like to know if there are any suggestions on how to change the lead system.Oh, and by the way, when I am in the system, I normally get about $50 in sales and one other lead for a show or recruit each month - I have only signed two HO leads in the past (almost) year.

Hang in there Leah, your working hard it will happen for you!! Good things happen to those who wait right??

In the mean time let your director also know how you feel, maybe she may throw you a bone!! Never hurts to tell her.

Good luck hun!;)

rennea said:
Hang in there Leah, your working hard it will happen for you!! Good things happen to those who wait right??

In the mean time let your director also know how you feel, maybe she may throw you a bone!! Never hurts to tell her.

Good luck hun!;)

We have an unspoken rule in our cluster...... if we book a show but it is to far away we give it to the closest consultant...... to that host!!! Or at least we try to !!! Sometimes consultants like myself don't' mind driving!!!

I will say one thing about leads... they are not all that they are cracked up to be! Some are bogus... no e-mail or phone number to follow up with. Some are customer care issues which are a pain because normally you aren't the one who sold them the broken stone 10 years ago! Some want info and we follow up and follow up and follow up and nothing happens. Not every lead results in a recruit or show booking. I would say in the 4 years I have been a director, I have signed 8 that were HO leads. I've gotten a lot of recruit leads, but not all of them have signed for one reason or another.

In any case, make your voice heard to HO!

I really don't see why FDs shouldn't get leads if they are submitting $1250 in three out of four months but it's not up to me! It's up to HO so contact them and ask for it!!!!

My director is about 6 hours or so away from me and there are no other directors closer to me. If she gets a "lead" she tells them to go to her website or will do catty shows over the phone and email. Not good customer service if you ask me!! That is my whole point on this topic If somebody has worked hard to become a director then leads should go to them first, but if there isn't a director in the area then it should go to the closest consultant. That's just good customer service in my book!

Rennea, I totally agree with you on that note, I was calling my mparents to let them know when soccer practic ewas and one mentioned she was having an usborn book party so we started talking abot DS well she has contacted HO twice and gotten people 2 1/2 hrs away 1 responded back the other director did not but I will be giving her a catalog to look at so it was great for me to actually talk to her.

I am jumping back a few posts BUT...

I know some people only like to come on here for happy "toot my horn" stuff, but this thread clearly stated that it was a Vent! I am angry about this and have a right to my anger. Yes, there are benefits to Directorship and there should be. I think this recent idea from the HO could have been better executed. That's all I'm saying!

And btw, I did contact HO before I started this thread. It will probably be Tues or Wed. before I hear a reply. I will post it when I get it although I'm sure it will be more of what the Directors have already said.

You have every right to be angry as we all do.... the lead thing works to a degree but then it leaves a good majority of us out!!!!

I understand this is a vent post, but I did want to discuss a point that doesn't seem to come up very much. You are totally entitled to your opinion and if you have a way to fix the problem, I would be happy to back you up and send in a request to HO, too, as I know other directors would as well. What I don't like is that people sometimes only see one side of the picture. One of the reasons I worked really hard to become a director and keep it (not saying that you're not working hard, too) is that I wanted those leads! I'm going to get massacred for this, but, if you look at it from a director's point of view, giving leads out to consultants everywhere is a slap in the face to us. We (most of us) worked hard to get where we are and that IS a perk. I do, however, wish they would train directors to "farm out" the leads to those in their cluster who ARE working hard and WILL follow up!

I hate beating this dead horse. There really is no point where we will come to an agreement.

I was very angry and this topic is a heated one for me. I am through it now, but I needed that moment to be "in" my anger. I know others feel/felt the way I do.

cmdtrgd said:
I understand this is a vent post, but I did want to discuss a point that doesn't seem to come up very much. You are totally entitled to your opinion and if you have a way to fix the problem, I would be happy to back you up and send in a request to HO, too, as I know other directors would as well. What I don't like is that people sometimes only see one side of the picture. One of the reasons I worked really hard to become a director and keep it (not saying that you're not working hard, too) is that I wanted those leads!

I'm going to get massacred for this, but, if you look at it from a director's point of view, giving leads out to consultants everywhere is a slap in the face to us. We (most of us) worked hard to get where we are and that IS a perk. I do, however, wish they would train directors to "farm out" the leads to those in their cluster who ARE working hard and WILL follow up!

I am fortunate (and blessed) enough to have a director who actually does do this! She is awesome!

Okay, here I go, defending HO and I'm NOT a Director!!!!
Think of it this way......
Is HO actually taking anything away from you? NO
Are they sending packets to your past hosts? NO
You are all saying that they are taking potential business away from you. I don't see it that way. They are trying to put their product back in front of someone who had a previous interest and no longer has a consultant. Turnover in Direct Sales is HUGE and I'm sure there are many hostesses who would be thrilled to see some new info from PC! They may, in fact, receive the packet and then remember that they had your business card somewhere and contact you!
Secondly, nobody deserves to be given an HO lead other than the person HO sent it to. This business is all about being proactive and if you are working your business, you will get all of the leads you need. This business is not about leads being put in your lap. Once you have achieved Directorship, the company "rewards" you by giving you this type of opportunity. They are really a very generous and fair company! Take Sell-A-Thon or Pan-O-Rama for instance, it doesn't matter what level you are, everyone earns at the same rate!
I think it would be great if HO were to decide to offer leads based on sales instead, but until then I will continue to find my own leads and work my own business and not be mad because others are getting something I haven't yet earned.
If you have a negative attitude, it will come out in everything you do. You may not realize it, but it shows to those around you..... :angel:

WOW!!! I just read this entire thread and can't believe everything i read!!:eek:

Being a NEWLY promoted Director (July) I am estatic to finally get the leads through HO. I worked my business very hard last year earning my hubby and I a trip to San Francisco and only recruiting one gal for the WHOLE year of 2006! Then 2007, I told myself that "I will walk at Conf as a Director." I set my sights on recruiting and signed 4 in 3 months. I got them qualified and promoted. I felt that I didn't change my show schedule but the way I viewed the business. It has since paid off.

I promoted July 2007 and have gotten about 15 HO leads with most of them dead leads. 2 placed orders (one for $43 and the other for $9), one is doing a show on the 31st and another girl SIGNED!! Yeah Emily!!!:D The other leads are I guess not interested.

I'm not going to get in the whole big debate of this but I though you would like to hear from a newly promoted director.

If you want the leads, work your business and promote.

ShanaSmith said:
Addie, I have met her on several occations, but I wouldn't say we really know each other so much. But we are in the same town.

I was just curious! Congrats on the ring.... I recruited the 15 for the TPC period but missed out on the ring because my sales were so low. Found out later... was devastated. :cry:

Addie4TLC said:
I was just curious! Congrats on the ring.... I recruited the 15 for the TPC period but missed out on the ring because my sales were so low. Found out later... was devastated. :cry:
Sorry for the hijack... On the topic though... many here have very valid points and it may not be as easy to recruit or promote in some areas where there are many Directors already working the business. I agree that concerns should be voiced to the home office, if the get a lot of e-mails on the subject they may re-visit or update the lead system as they have done with the Director monthly minimum.

Addie4TLC said:

Thanks! Those are actually different catagories. But you have to have 15 qualified in the TPC period to get it for recruiting. I have to say I was surprised when I got the email from HO saying I was on track. The good thing is that there is always next year!

DebbieJ said:
If you want the leads, work your business and promote.

The point of it is... We do work out business.. and sometime it just isn't a perfect world now is it???? and then there are some consultants out their that don't' want to promote for what ever reason!!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
The point of it is... We do work out business.. and sometime it just isn't a perfect world now is it???? and then there are some consultants out their that don't' want to promote for what ever reason!!!!

Leah, I read some of your earlier posts in this thread. It sounds like you're doing lots of informing, but very little INVITING. There is a difference!

Also, handing out just 4 packets at 2 fairs is not enough! You'll only get recruits when you ask enough people.

You have to do more asking! Ask every guest! You should be asking every host.

JUST ASK!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Leah, I read some of your earlier posts in this thread. It sounds like you're doing lots of informing, but very little INVITING. There is a difference!

Also, handing out just 4 packets at 2 fairs is not enough! You'll only get recruits when you ask enough people.

You have to do more asking! Ask every guest! You should be asking every host.

JUST ASK!!!!

Well Obviously you haven't read any of my other postings... BUT first off all.... I do work my business and you no nothing but what I have or haven't done for my business. I DID to 2 fairs in two weeks BY MYSELF..... Where were you ??? were was any body else in my cluster sitting on your butt not working a fair so who is working what business and where?!! I do a lot of asking... but I am quite sick and tired of people bashing on consultants who work their business. AND I DO ASK!!! so who is asking who???
and I have recruited one person or did you not know that????

Leah and everyone, I think it is important to remember that we are all here to HELP each other. Those of us that are directors did not get here over night, or have it handed to us. (Perhaps we actually know a little bit more about how to run a successful business even) I know that you are working hard towards your goals, but I think you need to step back and reread some of these posts. This does not need to be an "Us Vs Them" issue or environment. If you are that upset about it, take the necessary steps and contact HO, or better yet, promote.

ShanaSmith said:
Leah and everyone, I think it is important to remember that we are all here to HELP each other. Those of us that are directors did not get here over night, or have it handed to us. (Perhaps we actually know a little bit more about how to run a successful business even) I know that you are working hard towards your goals, but I think you need to step back and reread some of these posts. This does not need to be an "Us Vs Them" issue or environment. If you are that upset about it, take the necessary steps and contact HO, or better yet, promote.

What I am upset about is that everyone goes around saying it's a PERK and Promote... well its really easy for people to say who seem to have a rather easy time getting people to join their team... I haven't been doing this very long so i am still learning..... But I do not appricate people telling me what I am or not doing with my business.

I think the word we all need to remember in these postings is RESPECT. We all have our own opinions and we have the right to those. Some of these postings are taking on very hateful overtones. Would you talk this way to a potential recruit when defending your position on HO policies ??

Leah, earlier when I posted I didn't say you said we had territories I just stated since we don't have them I didn't think any cons. (Director or otherwise) was going to pass the leads on.
I also live in a very small town, & I know of 4 other consultants here. 2 of them are on my TEAM. There is enough business to go around. 7 MK ladies live right here in my neighborhood 300 homes. Probably more but I have contact with these 7.

There is plenty of business to go around for them. The difference between us? EVERYONE has a kitchen so that makes EVERYONE I meet a potential host, customer, Team member..... MK cons. not everyone uses cosmetics.
They are all customers of mine but I don't purchase from them... (don't wear make up of any kind).

Everyone have a Blessed Sunday.

ShanaSmith said:
Thanks! Those are actually different catagories. But you have to have 15 qualified in the TPC period to get it for recruiting. I have to say I was surprised when I got the email from HO saying I was on track. The good thing is that there is always next year!
You're right. I will shoot for next year again. I meant that I didn't have the minimum 15K in the TPC period to earn the ring in recruiting. I didn't know about this stipulation until I read the fine print in the Consultant News. I was less than 2k away. I work full time so I didn't do as many shows. Now I'm trying to work on both.

When it comes to recruiting I think it's essential to have a good attitude because we will run accross all kinds of people, kit nappers, hobbiest (sp?), etc. Especially with the kit nappers it is very frustrating but keeping your cool is necessary to not lose your sanity. What goes around comes around. I had one kit napper tell me that she had her lawyer look at her contract and nowwhere did it say that she HAD to do 4 cooking shows or $1250!!! She went to all the trouble just to keep the kit and do nothing. Recruitting success is a numbers game, you have to be out there constantly in front of people and "maybe" one or two out of 10 will take you up on the offer. Hit and run doesn't work either, they have to see you in action and see how others react to you and the product. Doing Cooking shows is key.

I became Director 9 months after I signed, but I have struggled with my Directorship because I work full time. I just regained my Directorship a few months before National (pheew!), but for everyone else that's also new I would recommend you recruit more than the 5 and bill a strong base especially if your sales will not keep you at the $4K min.

Addie4TLC said:
...but for everyone else that's also new I would recommend you recruit more than the 5 and bill a strong base especially if your sales will not keep you at the $4K min.

Boy I must be sleepy.... I meant "BUILD"... Nite nite...

IT doesn't matter what I think because.... I am just a consultant working her rear off trying to meet my personal goals..... Who cares because obviously it is not worth the battle of defending my opinions on how I feel about something. I do live in a small town their is four consultants here two of us who are active....and 7 Mary Kay Ladies.... and several other direct sales companies reps to go along with it. I Live in a Coast Guard Town. So their is plenty of business to go around however. It is frustrating to know that someone from my home town could go to pamperedchef.com and look for a consultant but did not know their were a few of us here locally. And get a director that is two hours away. NOW I don't' know about you but MOST the people in the town that I live in can't stand driving 5 mins down the road why would they want to drive two hours??? Do you see where I am going with this?? Not only is it frustrating to me as a consultant because I am working my business. Half of Astoria Oregon knows I self Pampered Chef now because they saw my booth at the fair two weeks ago. BUT to tell me that I don't' work it enough or that I am not inviting enough people to be a consultant. Here is the other side of the token I also talk to several consultants that were trying to stay active but are having a hard time because they moved from a really large area where PC is very popular to our small town. And believe me it is not easy for them to keep afloat. I am lucky I do have a director that calls or email all of her consultants every week to touch base and to see where we are with our goals. BUT their are also a lot of directors who do not do that......and there fore consultants are struggling. Now you can bash me or gouge me because you don't' agree with me or what ever however.... I am entitled to my opinion and my feelings. And I would apriecate it that if you would be care in telling people what their doing or not doing with their business.

finley1991 said:
I really don't see why FDs shouldn't get leads if they are submitting $1250 in three out of four months but it's not up to me! It's up to HO so contact them and ask for it!!!!

I filled out a questionnaire about products right after conference. It also asked what could be improved upon. You can bet that I included that some sort of system be created to allow FD's into the lead system.

I do agree with the Directors about it being a perk though. In my almost five years with the business, I have been SO close to promoting SO many times. I have been a Fauxrector for years...running meetings, trainings and such. I would love the opportunity to generate business from leads. So I told HO that!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Well Obviously you haven't read any of my other postings... BUT first off all.... I do work my business and you no nothing but what I have or haven't done for my business. I DID to 2 fairs in two weeks BY MYSELF..... Where were you ??? were was any body else in my cluster sitting on your butt not working a fair so who is working what business and where?!! I do a lot of asking... but I am quite sick and tired of people bashing on consultants who work their business. AND I DO ASK!!! so who is asking who???

Leah - Deb was offering you suggestions - trying to HELP you. Your response to her is so out-of-line and rude I am stunned.

erinyourpclady said:
I have been a Fauxrector for years...running meetings, trainings and such.
Great term! Actually some of the directors I know are very Faux..... ;)

Since everyone is offering their opinions on this, here is mine. I really don't have a problem with the Lead System. There should be extra perks to those who earn and maintain their directorship. I am not a director yet, but I will be one of these days - my goal is to do it and walk at Leadership. It is not happening as fast as I want it to, and after reading some of this thread I realize that it is because I am not asking enough people (but that's me, not some of you).

What I would like to see available on the PC website is a search option to find a consultant. You know, the kind where you know either the first or last name. I know that before I was a consultant I could tell you the first name of every consultant at every DS party I went to, I could never tell you what their last name was. (Actually I could because I kept my catalogs....but if I were talking to someone I'd say you know Becky what's her name, the PC lady.)

Last edited:
mommyhugz1978 said:

:eek: Wow! I understand you are frustrated with this topic, but I think Deb was just saying that asking everyone would be a great way to approach recruiting. (and promoting to be able to receive leads)

I do not know you, and I have not read many of your posts outside of this one, but you strike me as someone who is focused on the negative. Again, I understand your concern for this deal. I am not sure what to think of this myself, and I am a director.
I too am in a small town. About 4,000 at most. I currently have 7 consultants in MY TOWN! Can you imagine? It makes me work only harder....

I recently have one gal on my team who is using me as an excuse for her business. Everyone knows me. But, I KNOW there are people she knows that I do not, so excuses are for those who do not set a goal and a dream. If you set a goal~ then write it down... if you do not have a goal, then what are you working for?!

I know that my rantings are off subject, but my other concern for you is why your people are not signing. I know you have taken all the courses, training and what not, I did read that correctly. I have one gal on my team that has had tons of leads. Nobody signing... I went to an interview with her and one of her gals and let her do all the talking... she was vomiting too much information onto those potentials! I couldnt believe she was "working it" so hard like that. Sometimes it is overkill and people get scared that there is too much to learn and know and they begin to doubt themselves and bail! Maybe you are too enthusiastic when approaching your potentials. I say go in with the basics. Cost of the kit, requirements for business (meeting once a month, four shows to qualify), who to contact for shows and then let them decide from there. The rest of the training can come after they have signed.

OK... I guess more than I wanted to type. Hope I dont get a bashing from you, but honestly.... why beat a dead horse? HO doesnt go into things like this willy nilly, so they must know what they are doing here... go with it, and hopefully it will work out for ALL OF US.

mommyhugz1978 said:

Sorry, just trying to help! Obviously if you are working your business and getting the same results, something needs to change.

As to where I was, I was at the New Director Academy in St Louis where I was again reminded there is a small but significant difference between informing and inviting and I need to ASK EVERYONE if I want to grow my team.

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
Great term! Actually some of the directors I know are very Faux..... ;)

Thanks! That is me..a Fauxrector. Eventually a Sales Director but I have to make that happen so until then I will be working it like I am already a Director without the benefits!!!:D

I was one who threw up all over everyone and people were either coming and leaving quickly or being scared away. Then I "got it" - something finally clicks. And I promoted within in 4 months. Then life happened and I lost my momentum. Got a few new team members but basically was hanging on.

Since the first of the year I have been more focused and have "gotten it" again. I offer the opportunity to everyone (especially my hosts) and give those who are interested the Your Life Your Way flyer and FOLLOW UP. But when I follow up I let THEM do the talking. If they are interested in more I meet with them or send them the additional papers that PC provides for us and the DVD (don't give them TOO MUCH - it overwhelms). I let them decide and I help them get off to a good start.

It's working! I have recruited 7 people this year so far and have several others who are very close.

Give everyone the opportunity to try this business - don't prejudge. Then make it about them and let them decide why they want to do this. And keep having fun - if you are having fun they want to get in on the party!

HTH

dannyzmom said:
Leah - Deb was offering you suggestions - trying to HELP you. Your response to her is so out-of-line and rude I am stunned.

I agree. Leah, I think the way you've been responding to these messages have been so hateful.:grumpy: We are all here to help each other and honestly I feel like CS has been so negative lately. I'm not saying it's your fault but PC has been in the business for 27 years and they know what they're doing. If you don't like it, think about selling for some other DS company. THe grass isn't always greener. I'm probably going to get a lashing from you but I'm just SO tired of all the damn complaining on this site that I'm barely on it anymore! I don't think I'll be sending any of my new recruits here either. It's not because I feel I need to shield them from anything but when you're new, you want all positve information and it just seems that people are complaining that I don't get this and I don't get that. My DH always tells me to work smarter not harder. Take a step back, re-evaluate where you're going wrong (with getting them to sign) and actively sign them. Good LUck.

I also have to tell you that my recruiter is great BUT she has an attitude. She's been selling for almost 4 years and she currently has me and another gal. Well, she's about to lose me since I promoted to Director before she did. She can't understand why she's not signing new leads. I've told her its the way she talks to people and its sad because she really does have good intentions. Maybe that's what's going on with you?

Addie: I didn't know that either! Wow! I'm sorry you missed it, that would be really hard. I hope this year goes better for you.

It's sad that this has become an us vs them thread. Directors have earned the perks. I wanted them and I set my goals to achieve it. I had a lot of setbacks and it took longer than I wanted but I never felt that I should get those rewards no matter how hard I was working. I achieved some things that directors didn't and they got more rewards because they did the minimum. I FELT it wasn't fair but I KNEW that they had done things in the past to earn where they were.

I don't think any of the directors chiming in here is saying anyone isn't working their business. What we are saying is work your business. If you are really working and not succeeding, then look at what your doing and change out some things to see it that works. We have all done that. We have all been where you are.

We are here because we care about you and want to help you succeed in your business.

I do have a goal, I have met one half of that goal with my bookings, I decided to do two county fairs back to back. Their a week apart...... I booked 14 shows and sold over $1031.00 worth of products... one of those 4 recuriting packets.... Was someone walking up to me and asking me about becoming a consultant. I had packet pre-made up so I didn't' have to take things out of my display. I showed her what was in the packet. She is also pregnant and wants extra income, I open my calender and asked when would be a good time this week to sit down with you. Well we had one little problem she went into labor, so we are waiting until next week to talk. I wanted to give her a little time to settle down with the baby. Being a mom myself I understand how she would feel a little overwhelmed after having a baby. thats just one of the recuriting packets that I gave out.... NOW I do have over 200 drawing slips that I am still going through and half of them people have marked that their interested in information about the biz. :D

Now I never said I didn't' want to sell PC anymore nor did I imply it what I am upset about is the approach with this letter/email that they sent out and the packet that their sending out to past host. That is what I am upset about..... and that you can't go to pamperechef.com and search for a consultant either by their last or first name. I understand their is a perk system for being director but having tossed around in my face by others is not my idea of helping someone.

Now I have to agree with Chef Kearns...it's beating a dead horse at this point.
And now that everyone thinks that I am being rude, or negative becasue of how I feel... well I am sorry but I am intitled to being upset or frustrated am I not? Or is that just left up to everyone else??!!! But I am done trying to defend myself or my opinions....... becasue their is simply no point in it....

To get anywhere you have to work hard and promote..... well I have my goals wrote down in front of me. I have refocused my business starting in January of this year...... I have had to change a lot of things... but then again most people wouldn't' know that about me because you don't' know me outside of chatting online.

I do not have a problem with the lead system--it motivates me to keep working towards directorship. I have a few leads from fairs that I have been in touch with who had shows "a while back" or "used to do PC parties" NOT WITH ME and I called them when I first met them, send my monthly newsletter and an occasional postcard or to some a mini catalog. Now that I know some of them may be getting a packet I will use that to motivate me and do alot of calling this coming week so they have me fresh in mind when their packet comes. Hopefully they wil prefer someone they have met over a name on paper.

I choose to work this to my advantage--at least I won't be using my postage!!

Any suggestions on what I should say when I call--I am not sure ofcourse who will get a packet and who will not.
Marisol

Last edited:
MGG said:
I do not have a problem with the lead system--it motivates me to keep working towards directorship. I have a few leads from fairs that I have been in touch with who had shows "a while back" or "used to do PC parties" and I called them when I first met them, send my monthly newsletter and an occasional postcard or to some a mini catalog. Now that I know some of them may be getting a packet I will use that to motivate me and do alot of calling this coming week so they have me fresh in mind when their packet comes. Hopefully they wil prefer someone they have met over a name on paper.

I choose to work this to my advantage--at least I won't be using my postage!!

Any suggestions on what I should say when I call--I am not sure ofcourse who will get a packet and who will not.
Marisol
Actually YOUR past hosts will not be getting any of those packets. It is past hosts of inactive consultants.

BethCooks4U said:
Actually YOUR past hosts will not be getting any of those packets. It is past hosts of inactive consultants.

I know. I am not worried for my past hostesses just some of the contacts I am working with that have hosted parties before--not with me. I do alot of fairs and hear about people whos consultant left the biz or moved away and are looking for a new consultant. Some are ladies I have met at craft fairs that used to have a consultant but have not booked another show but bought items.

Last edited:
I would just ask them if they have received a new catalog, and that the company might be sending them one. Offer your services and remind them that you are there to help them. Most people would much rather work with someone that they have a relationship with that a stranger. I think you are right, it is a good reminder to follow up.

pamperedlinda said:
What I would like to see available on the PC website is a search option to find a consultant. You know, the kind where you know either the first or last name. I know that before I was a consultant I could tell you the first name of every consultant at every DS party I went to, I could never tell you what their last name was. (Actually I could because I kept my catalogs....but if I were talking to someone I'd say you know Becky what's her name, the PC lady.)

Great idea Linda, that's what I would like!! Go to the website and look for a consultant in your area within so many miles of your zip/postal code.

pamperedlinda said:

That would be awesome. I know for me I lost a sale, small dollars, but a sale none the less because my customer thought she went to my website but apparently went to the pampered chef webiste instead and just placed the order. Later hse meailed me the confirmation with another (I am assuming director) name that I did not even recognize.

Leah - I can understand the frustration. For me personally, I know I will never reach director status because I truly don't have the time anymore for PC so if I go inactive then so be it. Let the directors have the leads and just hope yours will forward info instead of keeping it for themself.

To PampMomof3 -- just because someone wants to vent something does not give you the right to tell them that if they don't like the way things are with the company then they should go sell for another company. That was a rude statement. We are all allowed to vent frustration with the company...any employee does. The title of the post let you know it was a venting post so if you didn't want to read it then you didn't have to. And apparently your recruiter couldn't have had too much of an attidtude or I don't think you would have signed with her.

There I am done now.

PampMomof3 said:
I'm probably going to get a lashing from you but I'm just SO tired of all the damn complaining on this site that I'm barely on it anymore! I don't think I'll be sending any of my new recruits here either. It's not because I feel I need to shield them from anything but when you're new, you want all positve information and it just seems that people are complaining that I don't get this and I don't get that.

Oh geez, sorry this is so long....

I agree somewhat myself. I haven't referred recruits or potential recruits to this website either for a while, but originally it was because the information can be SO overwhelming. It would boggle lots of people's minds. Not to mention it can become very addictive.:yuck: That was my problem...I couldn't get off this site and spent WAY too much time on it! I decided pretty much since conference to just pop on once a day (mainly to look at updates regarding Paige) and spend much less time on here. I love the site, but it can be a big time-sucker and I'm NOT a good time manager.:blushing:

I completely understand this thread was meant to be a vent and I had control over whether or not I wanted to read through it. And that's what I do....if I'm not in the mood to hear the venting/complaining/whatever you want to call it, I just stay away from these threads. But, to be honest, it's become pretty darn negative which is sad to see. This is some reinforcement as to why I don't send new recruits here. But, it's a forum that gives us the opportunity to vent so that's why I don't get too upset about it.

As for this newest Director perk, it's a hard call. I feel it's a fair perk and looking back to how I felt about things BEFORE I became a director, I can honestly say I never felt things were unfair. Sure I thought, "OH that's a bummer and too bad I can't take advantage of it" but I never got mad about it. I just knew that someday if I wanted those perks, I'd go for it. I didn't resent directors or the company because they were director-only perks. I'm not saying anyone here is resentful, I'm just saying what I felt like.

I'm not accusing others of not working their business or not doing the right things, but think about this.....I heard this many times at conference....If someone is feeling their business isn't at a level they want, they REALLY need to think about the 3-2-1 plan. Are they consistently doing 2 shows a week? REALLY. If not, then that should be the goal. The way to get closer to it is by the "3" part of the plan. When that starts happening consistently, the 1 recruit a month will start to happen, IF you're working the plan. So, to those who WANT to be there, but aren't yet, if you're doing all of the right things, it WILL happen eventually. And a positive attitude usually helps.:) I know this because I lived it! It eventually WILL happen for those of you who have this as a goal. Don't get discouraged, as hard as that is. Luckily there are lots of other fun incentives along the way.:)

I haven't read or watched "The Secret" yet, but for those of you feeling discouraged, I HEAR it's a wonderful tool to use to implement very intentional strategies in your business (and your life!). If you're stuck with what else to try, maybe this is something?

Anyway, those are my thoughts for what it's worth.:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
.....I haven't read or watched "The Secret" yet, but for those of you feeling discouraged, I HEAR it's a wonderful tool to use to implement very intentional strategies in your business (and your life!). If you're stuck with what else to try, maybe this is something?

Anyway, those are my thoughts for what it's worth.:eek:

Becky - what is this "The Secret"?? I have never heard of it.

jasonmva said:
That would be awesome. I know for me I lost a sale, small dollars, but a sale none the less because my customer thought she went to my website but apparently went to the pampered chef webiste instead and just placed the order. Later hse meailed me the confirmation with another (I am assuming director) name that I did not even recognize.

Leah - I can understand the frustration. For me personally, I know I will never reach director status because I truly don't have the time anymore for PC so if I go inactive then so be it. Let the directors have the leads and just hope yours will forward info instead of keeping it for themself.

To PampMomof3 -- just because someone wants to vent something does not give you the right to tell them that if they don't like the way things are with the company then they should go sell for another company. That was a rude statement. We are all allowed to vent frustration with the company...any employee does. The title of the post let you know it was a venting post so if you didn't want to read it then you didn't have to. And apparently your recruiter couldn't have had too much of an attidtude or I don't think you would have signed with her.

There I am done now.

Thanks for the kind words Jason.. you just put a smile on a so so day for me. :)

momoftwins said:
Becky - what is this "The Secret"?? I have never heard of it.
"The Secret" is something Oprah talks about. It's pretty much positive thinking and living and it all comes back to you. That's a simplified form, of course.

It's actually a book that was turned into a dvd also. We watched the dvd and really loved it. JAE was right, it's a way of thinking, but some experts claim that they have proved that positive thinking can alter the way things happen in your "world". Every time I try to explain it I make it seem like some kind of really weird thing!:rolleyes: It's really not though. Definitely worth taking a look at. I want to watch it again to brush up.

<h2>1. What is the ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas?</h2><p>The ExecuFlash is a communication sent out by Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales at Pampered Chef, to share important information and updates with Consultants.</p><h2>2. What is the plan for reaching out to former hosts?</h2><p>The Home Office will be mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and information about hosting a Cooking Show, host rewards, and the September Host Special.</p><h2>3. Who will be included in the mailing?</h2><p>The mailing will include the contact information of an active Director in the host's area. This Director will either be the upline Director of their former Consultant or a Director who lives within 50 miles of the host.</p><h2>4. How will Directors be notified about the host referrals?</h2><p>Directors whose names are sent to one of these hosts will be notified by email. The email will include suggestions on how to follow-up with the former hosts and a link to a report on Consultant's Corner with the name and contact information of the past hosts who received the Director's information.</p><h2>5. What if I have questions about the program?</h2><p>If you have questions about the program, a Question & Answer section is posted on Consultant's Corner with more information. You can find this by going to Consultant's Corner > Consultant and Leadership Training > Reports > Host Referral Program.</p>

1. What is the ExecuFlash from Jean Jonas?

The ExecuFlash is a communication sent out by Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales at Pampered Chef, to share important information and updates with Consultants.

2. What is the plan for reaching out to former hosts?

The Home Office will be mailing a packet to a randomly selected group of former hosts whose Consultants have been inactive for more than 12 months. The packet includes a mini catalog and information about hosting a Cooking Show, host rewards, and the September Host Special.

3. Who will be included in the mailing?

The mailing will include the contact information of an active Director in the host's area. This Director will either be the upline Director of their former Consultant or a Director who lives within 50 miles of the host.

4. How will Directors be notified about the host referrals?

Directors whose names are sent to one of these hosts will be notified by email. The email will include suggestions on how to follow-up with the former hosts and a link to a report on Consultant's Corner with the name and contact information of the past hosts who received the Director's information.

5. What if I have questions about the program?

If you have questions about the program, a Question & Answer section is posted on Consultant's Corner with more information. You can find this by going to Consultant's Corner > Consultant and Leadership Training > Reports > Host Referral Program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies
Views
thebowman
Replies
Views