• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling with Pets: Tips and Answers from a Former Consultant on My Team

In summary, you can host your own show, but you are not entitled to past host discounts or the booking benefit. You are only entitled to commission on guest orders. You are not entitled to personal orders, bonus incentives, or awards. A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a downline Consultant.
pamela
quick question...I have a host that I did the show for Friday night...she is a former consultant from my team, as recently as September, but does not want to continue with her business. Do you think there will be a problem when I submit her show as far as her still being a consultant and me being her Director AND does this make any sense??!!:blushing:

Hmmm... I'd check with HO on that one.

You cannot do a show for another consultant. She either needs to resign completely, or have the show under her husband/boyfriend's name or a family member.

She is inactive - right? I don't see a problem with you doing her show. If you get called on it just tell them what you said here - that she has no intention of doing PC any longer. Why would she have you do the show if she wanted to get active again? It wouldn't make sense. I doubt they will even ask you about it.

cmdtrgd said:
You cannot do a show for another consultant. She either needs to resign completely, or have the show under her husband/boyfriend's name or a family member.

Kate, do you have a reference for this? I know several of us have done this before but if it's something we could get called on, I don't want to risk it.

Thanks!

Looks like it may have been the other way around. From Policies and Procedures:
Consultant-hosted Shows
You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own
Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
In addition, please note:
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not count toward
the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

I can't find anything about your downline being a host for you - sorry!

she will be inactive again as of Nov 30th-she submitted sales in September, but that was it for her. I guess I'll be on the safe side and call HO just so there is no confusion once the show is submitted. She will re-activate somewhere down the road, it's just a bad time for her right now and I was trying to help her out for getting Christmas gifts for others....I think HO will be ok with it...I'll let you know!

how do you deal with traveling when you have a pet. do you spend the cash and board them at a kettle, take them with you or find someone to petsit? personally I like a friend or family member to petsit.

This past summer we had to deal with a week away with three guinea pigs at home and 2 cats. The hermit crab is very low maintenance so no worries with him for only a week... we just topped of his food and water. We had a friend come by every day to feed the piggies and cats. Worked out quite well. I gave the girls' cage a good clean right before we left and they tend to go in the same places in the cage so they were okay... no more than a week would I do that for though. I usually vacuum out their poos each day or every other day with a weekly total cage cleaning.

We get a friend to petsit for us.

now that we have a puppy we will either have my dad petsite (our dog loves their dog) or if possible we will take her with us and find a doggy day care for during the day. It will all depend on where we are going and what we plan on doing.

I will bring my cat to my MIL's. She used to have cats so she will enjoy the company for the week.

Sorry Greg, my pets are too big to fit in a kettle. :D But we usually take the 2 dogs to a local kennel (owned by a friend). We used to leave the cat home but at age 13 she'll get cranky when we are gone and pick something to pee on...not worth it! We send her with the dogs now. We are usually never gone for more than a weekend.

1. Can I bring my pet with me on a plane?

Yes, you can bring your pet on a plane, but you will need to follow the airline's guidelines and regulations. Most airlines require pets to be in an airline-approved carrier and may have restrictions on the size and breed of the animal.

2. How can I make traveling with my pet more comfortable?

Some ways to make traveling with your pet more comfortable include bringing their favorite toys or blankets, making frequent stops for bathroom breaks, and ensuring they have access to food and water during the trip. It can also help to acclimate your pet to the carrier or car beforehand to reduce anxiety.

3. Are there any specific items I should pack for my pet while traveling?

Yes, it is important to pack items such as food and water bowls, any necessary medications, a leash and collar, waste bags, and a first aid kit. It is also a good idea to bring your pet's medical records and a recent photo, just in case of any emergencies.

4. Can I bring my pet to a hotel or rental property?

Some hotels and rental properties allow pets, but it is always best to check with the specific establishment beforehand. There may be restrictions or additional fees for bringing a pet, and they may have certain rules for pets on the premises.

5. What should I do if my pet becomes anxious or stressed while traveling?

If your pet becomes anxious or stressed during travel, it is important to remain calm and try to comfort them. You can also consider using calming products or speaking to your veterinarian about medication to help with anxiety. If your pet's anxiety is severe, it may be best to consult a professional trainer or behaviorist before traveling again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Chef Kearns
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
RitaKey