• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why was I excluded from helping with classroom parties?

In summary, Becky was asked to help with a school party but never received any contact from the Room Mother. For Christmas, she was never even given an email to let her know about the party. When she did a consultant search on the PC website, she found out the Room Mother was a PC consultant. Becky is going to the Valentines Day party even though she was not asked to help and is wearing her PC clothes. PC is a company that works together and helps each other.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
At the very beginning of the school year, I signed up to help with classroom parties, etc...I didn't want the responsibility of being the Room Mother, but I was willing to help where ever I was needed.For the first party - Halloween - I got an email from the Room Mother asking me to help, and giving me areas that they needed help in. I emailed her back, and let her know I'd help in any area (baking, providing other treats, etc...) and to just let me know what she needed for me to do.I never heard back from her. I emailed her again....nothing. I got her phone # from the teacher, and left a message...nothing. So, I just showed up for the party. The Room Mom completely ignored me. I couldn't figure this out, because my only contact with her had been the one email, so I couldn't think what I would have done to offend her.At Christmas, for that party - same thing...except this time I never even got an email from her about helping. Honestly though, I was so busy in December that I didn't really give it any thought.THEN! Last month I was doing a consultant search on the PC website - just seeing who's out there :)D) and low and behold - there's the Room Mother's name, with her website! Yep, the Room Mother is a PC consultant. Ahhhhhh, now it all makes sense. Obviously, she thinks that this Kindergarten classroom is her territory, and when she got my email saying I'd help, she knew right away that I was a consultant also. (btw - there was nothing in her email signature saying she was with PC) So, instead of saying "Oh - you're a PC consultant? I'm a PC consultant too!" and feeling a sense of camradarie....she must have just felt threatened.Now, I would usually just shrug it off, and move on - but we're talking about my Son's classroom here, and I have just as much right to be an involved parent as she does. For her to shut me out of helping in the room is tacky, petty, and very junior highish.SOOOO - I'm sitting here in all of my PC finery :)D) waiting to go help with the Valentines Day party. I wasn't asked to help, and wasn't given anything to do to help....but that's not going to stop me! I'll be there for my little guy - and I'll be wearing my PC wear! :sing::sing::sing:

Oh....I just love a good drama! Can't wait to hear the rest of this story! She probably heard how successful and fun you are and she's afraid of you....be sure you take some of the new mini's wth you and hand them out today.

Way to go... You belong with your son :)

You know Becky..it amazes me how some people are..because that is one thing that I have always thought seems to set PC apart from the other direct sales companies..I don't feel that we are as cut throat as some of the others seem to be.

I am with you on the sense of comradarie..I would have felt that way..I would not have felt territorial.

I don't blame you for being upset about it..and you are right..it is tacky, petty, and very junior highish..I am happy to know that you are taking the high road.

oh my, I can't believe that! Have fun at the party!

Go for it Becky! Just go and be yourself! Have Fun!

Totally OT but how do you do a consultant search?

pamperedlinda said:
Oh....I just love a good drama! Can't wait to hear the rest of this story! She probably heard how successful and fun you are and she's afraid of you....be sure you take some of the new mini's wth you and hand them out today.

LOL - Linda! You crack me up.

DEBBI said:
Way to go... You belong with your son :)

THAT is exactly what I thought. He shouldn't be deprived because an adult is being immature!

chefheidi2003 said:
You know Becky..it amazes me how some people are..because that is one thing that I have always thought seems to set PC apart from the other direct sales companies..I don't feel that we are as cut throat as some of the others seem to be.

I am with you on the sense of comradarie..I would have felt that way..I would not have felt territorial.

I don't blame you for being upset about it..and you are right..it is tacky, petty, and very junior highish..I am happy to know that you are taking the high road.

Heidi - that's what I love about PC too - the way we work together and help each other. Obviously, she didn't get that memo! :D

I had a similar situation last year at a community event. I paid for a booth (this is for my photography business) and set up a small display - it was just to meet people and get the word out. The event was to honor and highlight the "Best of Elk Grove" businesses. The winner in the photography category was there, walking around taking pictures, but she did not have a booth. MAN did she avoid me like the plague! Too sad, too, because as photographers, we can really benefit from networking (just like any business). I don't know why she would feel threatened (she was the one that won, after all).

yeah... some people... I had a similar issue recently. Im using a free mail service similar to i contact called Mail Chimp. I was not careful in editing my email list when it transfered. I had some of my PC buddies on it. I removed most of them after I figured it out... Then I got an email from someone who had asked to be removed from my list last year (was not an issue till I imported an old list, yes my bad for not making sure all traces were removed) well I go a somewhat unfriendly msg from this gal and it turns out she does PC too. OK whatever I removed her. But... She has opened my last 3 TTB news letters at least 5 times each.... Hmmm Using the ideas from it maybe? Oh well... Live and learn...

That is a funny story. Let me tell ya I am the home room Mom for my daughter's class. And I am amazed at how many Mom's show up to just be there. I try to say hi, but when you are working with kid's it is hard to have a conversation. But to be outright rude is funny. I love meeting other consultant's. We have so much to share.

etteluap70PC said:
But... She has opened my last 3 TTB news letters at least 5 times each.... Hmmm Using the ideas from it maybe? Oh well... Live and learn...

I had a person who I believe to be a PC consultant who was added to my customer mailing list at one point in the past. She would contact me at the beginning of each season asking for the clickable link to the new online catalog. Never placed an order, never responded to my questions re: hosting, and said she didn't need me to send a paper catalog. She always said she just needed the link.

I finally confronted her and said "are you a consultant?" and she has never emailed me again.

I can't wait to hear how this goes, and I'm so glad you're wearing your PC gear today! Have a blast at your son's party. I know my kids are always thrilled when I'm able to make it to their class parties!

Go Becky!! How childish of her!

Becky, As I was reading your post, I thought, "good for you, Becky, take the high road, and be there for your son".....I read everyone's responses and was not surprised that we all felt the same way!!!! Take the high road, be there for your son, and remember....she is on the low road and will probably hit the potholes with mud in them!!!LOL

That is just plain Ridiculous! :O How immature can you be!? lol Have a good party! :)

LOL!!! My goodness!!! You GO GIRL!!!!! Wish I could be there to see her face when she sees ya all deck out in PC! hehehehe! Maybe even bring the teacher a little pc gift for Valentines day! Like, whisking you'll be my Valentine with a mini whipper and kisses. ;)

I second giving the teacher a PC gift.
How unbelievably childish! I am a teacher, our Administrative Secretary is also a consultant with another director, and I always make sure and bring her stuff from conferences.( I saved half of my minis from Sp L for her.) She and I trade supplies, have a few of the same customers, and there is never an issue. Oh! It's because we are not 12.
So sorry you have to deal with that insanity.
hugs!

chefheidi2003 said:

You might want to check out this post I made a couple of years ago, after my experience coming home from NC.

Love it Becky! She probably looked you up and saw how well you're doing. Sadly, were she smart, she should befriend and learn from you! Silly Rabbit!

I'm glad you decided to be the adult and go to your son's party while he's at the age when he wants mom with him at school! lol

Can't wait to hear what happens...and I'm loving the idea in your PC logowear, ready to beard the dragon....in a sweet and courteous PC kind of way. he he

Well, I went, had a great time...Micah was thrilled that I was there with him! Chatted with several other moms, had fun helping the kids @ DS's table with crafts, and valentines...and then we went out to Steak n Shake for lunch to celebrate Valentines Day!

Room Mom completely ignored me. Even when I said hello to her. She never asked me to help with passing things out, etc...even when I was standing between her and the people she was asking to help. It was actually laughable. No skin off my nose. :D

She must be in the downline of the Clucker Cluster! ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She must be in the downline of the Clucker Cluster! ;)

You know...that just may be, KG! No one I've asked in this area knows her, so I don't think she's in a local cluster.

Too bad - because I could have invited her to my cluster. Although, we're a pretty friendly bunch, so she might not have felt comfortable with us!:D

I'd really be tempted to just ask her what you did to offend her because obviously she is going out of her way to avoid you.

People amaze me. Pettiness is never attractive.

pamperedlinda said:
I'd really be tempted to just ask her what you did to offend her because obviously she is going out of her way to avoid you.

I'm with Linda - call her out on her shameful behavior!
Or better yet...ask the teacher "Have I done something to offend so-and-so because she doesn't seem to acknowledge my offers to assist in the classroom"

TOO FUNNY!!!! Maybe she is acting like to be at the same level of the kids! Nah, that can't be. Children that age have not learned to act like that yet! I with Carolyn. I would speak to the teacher. Especially since children DO PICK UP on that stuff. She is not setting a very good example for YOUR child or the others.

I've had a PCer locally do that to me. She and I worked together to help our businesses then she started badmouthing me. Funny thing is, she said it to some of my friends so it got back to me. I was even told by them they would NEVER deal with her due to rudeness about me, especially since she thought she was talking to strangers to me! We both had some great ideas that together could have worked to benefit both of us. I heard things still at a Festival this year where I shared booth times with her (at different times) about how she just quit contacting people on her "list" and they didn't understand what happened. I told them that I had heard she went out of PC, smiling nicely! Just shows what goes around, comes around!

That is just sad!
Maybe in the future if there are any more parties this year, you should contact the teacher directly instead of that room mom.
I'd also bring up to her the fact that you know she's a consultant and how funny that you are too, how's her shows going for the new season, etc. Woudln't that just be something. I know I'd do something like that. I'm bitchy like that. LOL Esp if she is punishing me over something so stupid, I'd totally call her on it, in a subtle way of course! :)

1. What is the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product?

The "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product is a unique kitchen tool that helps you easily remove sticky and tacky substances from surfaces.

2. How does the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product work?

The "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product uses a special adhesive material that sticks to the sticky substance and pulls it off without leaving any residue. Simply press the product onto the sticky surface and peel it off to remove the tacky substance.

3. Is the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product safe to use on all surfaces?

Yes, the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product is safe to use on most surfaces including countertops, tables, and even clothing. However, we recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it does not damage the surface.

4. How long does the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product last?

The longevity of the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product depends on the frequency of use and the type of substances it is used to remove. However, with proper care and cleaning, it can last for many uses.

5. Can the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product be washed and reused?

Yes, the "Tacky, Tacky, Tacky...." product can be washed with warm water and soap, let it air dry, and it will be ready to use again. It is recommended to wash it after each use for maximum effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
  • Intrepid_Chef