• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interesting Perspective on Another Ds Company

In summary, the consultant does not want the party to take away her show bookings, but your friend is more interested in hosting the party with you than having the consultant do the show.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I hosted a show earlier this month for another DS company. From my party my best friend book a party for tonight. When talking with the consultant I offered up the opportunity to do another show for her in Jan or Feb so that I could try out new recipes again. This has worked the last two seasons (doing another DS party to practice my recipes on my friends and family) and I know I want more of their stuff!

After the show the consultant and my best friend were talking about her being a consultant - she loves the products they offer (she did apologize for not being that interested in PC! :) ). When she mentioned starting in January after her baby was born I piped up and mentioned that if she was starting then, would the consultant mind if I just hosted a party for my friend to help her start. The consultant didn't say much at that point and my friend said that she didn't want to take away the consultant's bookings. I mentioned that I do that for my new consultants and that I would love to help her start out. Finally the consultant answered that my friend needed two bookings to have her extra benefits and I was her 2nd booking and that she would lose the extra benefits she got on her show and didn't say much beyond that.

I was just a little floored and didn't know what to say. I didn't want to upset the consultant (she's pretty new herself) and while I like her I would LOVE to help my friend out! Why would I want to host a party with another consultant around the time my friend would sign?

It sounds like the consultant doesn't want to lose you as a potential show, but you need to definitely do a show for your friend to help HER out. What an awkward situation!

Definitely need to help your friend out with a show. Most DS are getting benefits from a new recruit that should outweigh you having another show with the current consultant.

Ask your friend which she'd rather you do: book off of her show and effect her show benefits, or host a party for her when she signs on. Put the ball in her court. Who cares how it benefits this current consultant (don't mean that to sound nasty), when it's your friend you are looking out for. ;)

I say make the booking. She may or may not sign at that time. You haven't signed away your first born or anything, and if your friend signs at that time, do the party with her, if not, do it with the other lady.
I have 3 shows on the books for customers who may sign, and probably more that are their friends who would cancel with me if their friends sign. I'll get over it. I would be happy to have business to help insure the success of one of my new recruits, even if it means me host coaching and getting everything ready for the show and them signing the week before.
Take now for what it is, and if she signs, then make the decision.

lesliec said:
I say make the booking. She may or may not sign at that time. You haven't signed away your first born or anything, and if your friend signs at that time, do the party with her, if not, do it with the other lady.
I have 3 shows on the books for customers who may sign, and probably more that are their friends who would cancel with me if their friends sign. I'll get over it. I would be happy to have business to help insure the success of one of my new recruits, even if it means me host coaching and getting everything ready for the show and them signing the week before.
Take now for what it is, and if she signs, then make the decision.

This is great advice!

Yes, just book the party. Also, many other DS companies give the booking benefit to the host NOW and not when that guest has their party later. If this is the case, "book" a party, your friend will get the booking benefits and then assess later on who will do the show for. It's a win-win situation.

1. What is the "Interesting Perspective on Another Ds Company" all about?

The "Interesting Perspective on Another Ds Company" is a presentation that compares and contrasts a direct sales company with Pampered Chef, highlighting key differences and similarities between the two.

2. How does Pampered Chef differ from other direct sales companies?

One major difference is that Pampered Chef focuses exclusively on kitchen and cooking products, while other direct sales companies may have a wider range of products. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers a unique business opportunity for consultants to sell products through in-home cooking demonstrations.

3. Can I still be successful with Pampered Chef even if I have no previous direct sales experience?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef provides comprehensive training and support for all consultants, regardless of their previous experience. Our business model is designed to help anyone succeed, as long as they are willing to put in the effort.

4. Do you offer any incentives or rewards for top-performing consultants?

Yes, we have a variety of incentives and rewards for consultants who excel in their business, such as trips, bonuses, and recognition at our annual conferences. We also have a tiered commission structure that allows consultants to earn more as they grow their business.

5. Is Pampered Chef a reputable and trustworthy company?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef has been in business for over 40 years and has a strong reputation for providing high-quality products and exceptional customer service. We also have a commitment to giving back to our community through our Round-Up from the Heart program and partnerships with various charities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amyskitchen2