• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Join My Friend's PC Consulting Business or Start My Own?

, in summary, the neighbor is thinking about becoming a consultant, and has a party planned for at the end of July. Her old friend from another state replied to her post, stating that she is a PC consultant. The neighbor is not debating what to do, and has indicated that she would like to sign under her old friend. However, if her old friend pressures her to sign under her instead, the neighbor may reconsider.
colegrovet
Gold Member
A neighbor is thinking of becoming a consultant, we have a party planned for at the end of July She posted on FB what she planning..

She got a reply from an old friend of hers from another state, stating she was a PC consultant. She didn't come out and ask her to sign under her, but....

The neighbor is not debating what to do... sign under me at her party or her friend..

How close are they...did she even know that the friend is a consultant? In the world of facebook, I have found that we all have old "friends" who find us and we "connect" because we knew each other way back when, but don't really have a current relationship...

It's a toughy...

she didn't know the friend was a consultant till she posted online that she was thinking about becoming one. the friend is more than 5 states away from where she lives.

When you first talked with her did you ask if anyone else had asked her about the business? If you did you can remind her of that and let her know that it is our practice to back off if someone already has talked to someone else. I would make it clear to the recruit that it is her choice but make sure she realizes that you are right there, that you've invested in her, etc. without being high pressure yourself.

Since the recruit's comment is how her friend found out she was interested, she should know that she's stealing her from her recruiter if she pressures her to sign under her instead of you.

Truly, DG, think about it. If I didn't know you through CS, but was somehow your friend on FB, I would still know you were a PC Consultant (or, an extremely obsessed fan who attended multiple parties a month! haha). The same would go for you knowing I'm a consultant, and all of our mutual friends. If your neighbor was not aware of her 'old friend' being with PC, that consultant is not passionate about her business, which makes me wonder how great a mentor she'd be.

Tell your neighbor the wonderful thing about PC is that there is no competition between consultants (or, shouldn't be), so her 'old friend,' will be able to support her and share ideas - but, when she signs under you she'll have the added advantage of having you so close, with no worries about time zones when she has an urgent question, and you'll be able to attend meetings together, etc.

Yikes. Unless she is a really good friend, your potential recruit should sign under you. Beth is right that that "friend" is stealing her away. It is ultimately the potential recruits decision though! Maybe tell her the benefits of having their monthly meetings with their recruiter and upline?

Sarah,

that's basically what I told her last night.. I'm attemting to not push.. but guide her.

I do have an issue of her "friend" suddenly letting her know via FB, that she's a consultant too.. Seems to me is she was a good friend or even an old one.. she would have known her friend was a consultant before her and I talked.

it will be hard for her to work closely 5 states away. I'm new and constantly having to borrow one thing or another from my TL, I don't know what I would do it she wasn't so close for support

Terry, what happened? Did she sign with you? with her old "friend"--or not at all?Marghi

What is the "Future Consultant's Dilemma"?

The "Future Consultant's Dilemma" refers to the common struggle that many potential Pampered Chef consultants face when deciding whether or not to become a consultant.

What are the main factors that contribute to the "Future Consultant's Dilemma"?

The main factors that contribute to the "Future Consultant's Dilemma" include financial investment, time commitment, fear of failure, and uncertainty about the potential for success.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, build your own business, develop valuable skills, and be a part of a supportive community.

Is it necessary to have previous sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, previous sales experience is not required to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide training and support to help you develop the necessary skills to be successful.

How can I overcome the "Future Consultant's Dilemma" and make a decision?

The best way to overcome the "Future Consultant's Dilemma" is to do your research, talk to current consultants, attend a party or event, and consider your personal goals and motivations. Ultimately, the decision to become a consultant should align with your values and aspirations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nay62