• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Trying to Start My Pampered Chef Business

I think if all else fails you should just sign up with them. It sounds like she's a good person to work with and it might be worth giving her another chance. If she doesn't respond to your emails after a few more days, you can reach out to other members on the board or go to the website and sign up yourself. Good luck!
krwebster
Gold Member
This is only my second post - so I apoligze in advance. Sorry this is so long but I need some guidance please!

I decided that I wanted to start selling PC back in June and a friend of my (and a previous PC consultant) gave my contact info to a local director. She never called me, so I contacted her a couple of weeks ago. We seemed to "hit it off" well on the phone. She is a director and has been with PC for 9 years. I told her that I just wanted to stick my toe in the water until my kids were in school, which she said was no problem. She would email me info on the different aspects of selling PC (which I never recieved). She told me to hold off until after the National Conference because of possible a recuiting bonus.
I sent her an email on Monday AM to let her know I wanted to do a "Kick-Off" party on 8/2 and that I had a list of questions for her. She said she'd call on Tuesday (7/8). I never heard from her on Tuesday and I sent another email on Thursday to tell her I need to change the party to 8/1 and that I wanted to talk to her before she left for National Conference next week. It is 7/12 and I haven't heard a word from her.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. I still would like to sell PC, but this has me very discourged as to wether I should keep pursuing PC at all. Anything I have learned about the benefits and "ins and outs" of this business has come from this board (THANK YOU!!)

Thanks for any advice you can give,
Kris

Kris, Sorry to hear that you have found someone that isn't keeping up with you. I am so happy that I started my business b/c I love this company. I love their products. I love the advantages that I have had with them. The ability to make my own hours and do my own "thing" really.
I think that if all else should fail, you need to at least sign up. If you don't have any luck with this director, then you could sign under someone on this board or just go to the website and sign up and they will put you under someone. Unfortunately this could be this particular director still and maybe that isn't what you want.
If you truely want to "test the waters", then do NOT let someone stop you.
I wish you the best of luck!!

If you would like to be a consultant, I would be happy to answer any of your questions and recruit you! She does not have to be your recruiter just because she is a director!

krwebster said:
This is only my second post - so I apoligze in advance. Sorry this is so long but I need some guidance please!

I decided that I wanted to start selling PC back in June and a friend of my (and a previous PC consultant) gave my contact info to a local director. She never called me, so I contacted her a couple of weeks ago. We seemed to "hit it off" well on the phone. She is a director and has been with PC for 9 years. I told her that I just wanted to stick my toe in the water until my kids were in school, which she said was no problem. She would email me info on the different aspects of selling PC (which I never recieved). She told me to hold off until after the National Conference because of possible a recuiting bonus.
I sent her an email on Monday AM to let her know I wanted to do a "Kick-Off" party on 8/2 and that I had a list of questions for her. She said she'd call on Tuesday (7/8). I never heard from her on Tuesday and I sent another email on Thursday to tell her I need to change the party to 8/1 and that I wanted to talk to her before she left for National Conference next week. It is 7/12 and I haven't heard a word from her.

I am at a loss as to what to do next. I still would like to sell PC, but this has me very discourged as to wether I should keep pursuing PC at all. Anything I have learned about the benefits and "ins and outs" of this business has come from this board (THANK YOU!!)

Kris

Sorry to hear she's not following up with you, especially because you sound so excited to start! That's awesome because your enthusiasm will be contagious to future customers and hosts! When I first read your post I was thinking that maybe this director is at conference right now (the first "wave" is occuring right now and ends today), but then I realized she hasn't been great following up with you even before conference. I suppose it's possible she had a lot to get ready for regarding conference. BUT, that's still no excuse. I know most consultants (myself included) would bend over backwards to answer potential consultant's questions, especially if they were raring to go.

It really comes down to who you feel comfortable signing under. I know there are other stories on this board with a similiar background. But since it did sound like you "clicked" with her, that's a good sign. In the meantime, if you have other questions, feel free to post them here or PM someone. Good luck to you! I hope you get to sign soon! And hopefully there IS some type of sign-on bonus. There does almost always seem to be one announced at conference (at least since I've gone for the past 5 years). Good luck to you!:)

krwebster said:

Kris

Sorry to hear of your frustration right now. I would definitely sign up as soon as we hear if there are any sign on bonuses, after next weekends confrence! You sound eager and interested and I am sorry that the Director hasn't done well with follow up with you. Feel free to ask all the questions you have right here on CS! I know that is exactly what I did before joining TPC! We are all here to help you in any way! Good luck with everything!

Kris, I signed in July and so did my 2 recruits, a year later. The past 2 years have had good recruiting specials in the spring & fall, but nothing in the summer months. Wish I'd known when I signed! I suggest waiting until National Conference is finished to see if there will be any great fall recruiting specials.Also, do you have 4 shows lined up, not just your Kick-Off party? Year round, recruits get extra stuff for qualifying within 30 days. Qualifying means 4 shows or $1250 in guest sales. Having 4 shows lined up before you sign is a great way to start! And finally,
haven't heard a word from her
This is a big red flag, in my book. I would look for another director in your area. I have a director assigned from the PC website who doesn't answer phone calls, and it isn't pretty. Seriously reconsider signing under someone who can't even call to tell you she needs to reschedule. You want someone who will share the energy of signing with you, and keep you pumped up!Does your PC friend know any other directors in your area?Good luck with whatever you decide!

Kris, you do not need to sign with a director. You can sign under any consultant. I am concerned that if she is not available to answer your questions, how available will she be once you have started your business, and are ready for your new consultant training. As a recruiter, I feel it is my responsibility to make sure my new recruits feel confident in all aspects of her (or his) buisness, and is able to get off to a great start, and it is my responsibility to TRAIN that new recruit to have the best start possible. Where in Indiana are you from?

Kris, you do not need to sign with a director. You can sign under any consultant.
I was having a DOH! moment. Of course she can sign under any consultant!

Kris,

I strongly recommend against signing with anyone you aren't personally comfortable with. Once you sign, you can't ever change your director. While 'years in the business' counts for something, how your director is going to treat you and respond to you matters a whole lot more.

There are some really great consultants on this forum from your general area (you don't have to sign with someone local, but it's often easier when you meet & train in person). You can click on their names and view their previous posts. This may help you find someone who will be more responsive to you...especially since you are working towards starting fairly soon.

Good Luck. This site will help you tremendously.

Leggy
aka Kris

Kris, do not let the lack of communication from this one Director discourage you from starting with this great company! I agree with Kspry that it is a red flag for her to not be in touch with you since you seem very eager to get going. Talk to others on this forum from your area and see who you 'click' with....it is important but not imperitve to be near your recrutier and Director since Cluster meetings are an important part of training. With that said, you could sign with anyone you choose and get a Hospitality Director that could wind up being this same Direcotr that isn't getting in touch with you! If you have questions, feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
I will be glad to answer what I can!

Kris,
I would definitly not let this lady deter you from signing. My recruiter knew I was so interested in the biz she kept asking me. It took me a little bit to do it. I was hesitant to sign because I had another DS lady tell me I would not beable to make the minimums to keep active. It sounds like you are ready to go. Good luck with whatever you decide. This board is a wealth of information.

One of our members, Raebates is from your state, and I think it's the Northern part. She is at conference right now...but she may have some insight to Directors in the area and how good they are. I know she LOVES her director!

I am sorry this Director seems to have blown you off...hopefully this is a fluke and she doesn't always do stuff like this! That may be the case...especially since you both hit it off so well.

My advice is this: "shop" around before you sign. As mentioned, once you sign under someone you are stuck with your Director. If you sign with a consultant, the consultant's director is also your Director up until the time that the consultant you sign with becomes a director. (If they ever accept that position) But...if you really don't like your "up-line" you can't change unless you quit and resign OVER A YEAR LATER. Maybe even visit a few monthly meetings of some directors in the area...

Thank God I ended up under an AMAZING director...but not everyone is so lucky!

You sound very excited about starting your own business, so I hope this doesn't steer you away from PC.

PLEASE ask us if you have any other questions that we can help you with!!

Where are you in Indianna, I am trying to see if my director is close enough to you.

If she's treating you this way when you are excited and want to be a consultant, I can only imagine how she will treat you once you are signed under her. Personally, I'd look for someone else who is as eager to have you as you are to join their team!

Hi Kris -

I echo what everyone else is saying here.
- DO JOIN! It's a great oppty to have fun, make new friends, earn travel, earn free products...and the $$ isn't bad either
- Find a director or future director who will be attentive to you. A good test is to have a conversation, then ask her to send you info. If she does that right away, she's a good one!
- Wait until after our conferences are over to sign up - that's when recruiting incentives kick in (as in previous years)

I would love to work with you, but I'm in Illinois, as is my director. IMO it's better to have a local team and Director so you can go to meetings and have more hands-on training and coaching.

So, in anticipation, welcome!

Yes, it would be really cool if you met someone here on Chef Success who's in your area.

Like Susan, I'd love to recruit you too, but I don't think a long distance director would be to your benefit....when you first get started, sometimes you'll want to borrow stuff you don't have yet, if a host asks for it or you're doing a booth and it's the special of the month.

My director was very good about leaving things on her porch for me to borrow. Nice gal, but she never gets on the phone...

1. How much does it cost to start a Pampered Chef business?

The cost to start a Pampered Chef business is $109, which includes your starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There are also monthly fees for maintaining your website and back office tools.

2. How do I earn money with Pampered Chef?

There are several ways to earn money with Pampered Chef. You can earn commission on your personal sales, as well as bonuses for reaching certain sales goals. You can also earn money by recruiting and building a team of consultants.

3. Do I need to have cooking experience to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to have cooking experience to be successful with Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to be easy to use and come with recipe ideas to help you get started. Plus, we provide training and support to help you learn about our products and how to use them.

4. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products online through your personal website provided by the company. You can also sell through social media platforms and virtual parties.

5. Is there a quota or minimum sales requirement to stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, to stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant, you must have at least $150 in personal sales every three months. This can be achieved through online or in-person sales, as well as sales from your team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD