• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Consultant Sign-Ups: Learn From My Mistake!"

It's not a booking for the new consultant. A friend just had a show and we booked the new consultant's kick-off show off her friend's show. At least I was supposed to have booked it! It's the friend's past host special.Yes, a consultant can have a past host if her show was booked off a friend.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just signed my 4th consultant. She was at a party from last weekend but didn't sign at the show, I followed up with her and she signed then. I mentioned to my new consultant that we would book her kick-off show off her friend's show from last weekend. Well, I'm getting her invites for her kick-off show ready and I realized I closed her friends show this morning without booking the new consultant's show off hers! Should I just eat it and pay the difference? Or talk to the new consultant and let her know it slipped my mind?

if i could afford to, and it was truely my fault, i would eat it.

I would eat it too. Unless you can call HO and maybe plea bargin with them to see if they can't manually add it or something.

I'd call HO see if they will work with you, but I'd also just pay the difference and never even mention it to your recruit -- if you do it gets you off on a bad foot to start with and erodes her trust in you as her recruiter. Down the road you can tell her (as a coaching tip when she has recruits).The customer is always right, and someone joining your team is the ultimate customer!

I would just let her know what happened and let her know you are going to eat the cost of the host special. I am sure she will understand. As you know HO office wont budge on adding shows on. I am sure with this experience she will never forget to put a show in.

Ditto to what Jennie4PC said - HO won't do a darn thing; it's in concrete now. And I would also tell her that you "oopsed" and that you'll cover the difference.

ivykeep said:
I'd call HO see if they will work with you, but I'd also just pay the difference and never even mention it to your recruit -- if you do it gets you off on a bad foot to start with and erodes her trust in you as her recruiter. Down the road you can tell her (as a coaching tip when she has recruits).

The customer is always right, and someone joining your team is the ultimate customer!

I second that. Maybe she won't even be interested in the special!

I just did the same thing, just not with a consultant. I had someone book off a show that didn't take place yet. I had it written but not on p3. I closed the show Wed late night and realized my mistake Thursday before HO opened. I called and they said it was too late.

Becky0216 said:
I just did the same thing, just not with a consultant. I had someone book off a show that didn't take place yet. I had it written but not on p3. I closed the show Wed late night and realized my mistake Thursday before HO opened. I called and they said it was too late.

I kinda wish we had a grace period after closing a show to get to add more bookings......

I figured HO wouldn't do anything. I'll be at the kick-off show so I'll talk to the past host and let her know I'll cover the difference if she wants the past host special. Good thing then, it will count fully for the new consultant's show and commission. Another good thing is that they are relatively cheap in December.

wadesgirl said:
I figured HO wouldn't do anything. I'll be at the kick-off show so I'll talk to the past host and let her know I'll cover the difference if she wants the past host special. Good thing then, it will count fully for the new consultant's show and commission. Another good thing is that they are relatively cheap in December.

So the new consultant is doing that show as her first? If that's the case she can't have a past host anyway. Consultants can't have past hosts and we can't get credit from bookings at our shows.

BethCooks4U said:
So the new consultant is doing that show as her first? If that's the case she can't have a past host anyway. Consultants can't have past hosts and we can't get credit from bookings at our shows.

It's not a booking for the new consultant. A friend just had a show and we booked the new consultant's kick-off show off her friend's show. At least I was supposed to have booked it! It's the friend's past host special.

Yes, a consultant can have a past host if her show was booked off a friend. My new consultant did this. She booked a show off a friend, then decided to sign so it became her open house. No need to short-change that friend on the booking. Now the consultant can't get booking benefits from this show, but her past host can.I hope this new consultant does well!

janetupnorth said:
Yes, a consultant can have a past host if her show was booked off a friend. My new consultant did this. She booked a show off a friend, then decided to sign so it became her open house. No need to short-change that friend on the booking.

Now the consultant can't get booking benefits from this show, but her past host can.

I hope this new consultant does well!

I hope she does too! She's already on the ball for certain things! When I told her about the SAT, she already has two catalog shows going to get two shows in this month!

What are the benefits of maximizing consultant sign-ups?

The main benefit of maximizing consultant sign-ups is that it helps grow your business and increase your potential for earning more income. By having a larger team of consultants, you can reach a wider audience and make more sales. It also allows you to build a strong network of support and mentorship within your team.

What are some common mistakes that consultants make when trying to maximize sign-ups?

Some common mistakes include not actively seeking out potential recruits, not effectively communicating the benefits of joining the company, and not providing enough support and training for new consultants. It's also important to avoid pressuring potential recruits and instead focus on building genuine relationships with them.

How can I effectively communicate the benefits of joining Pampered Chef to potential recruits?

One effective way is to share your personal success story and how being a Pampered Chef consultant has positively impacted your life. You can also highlight the flexibility, training and support, and potential for earning income that the company offers. Providing specific examples and testimonials from other successful consultants can also be persuasive.

What are some strategies for finding potential recruits?

A few strategies include reaching out to your network of friends, family, and acquaintances, attending local events and fairs to promote the company, and leveraging social media to connect with potential recruits. You can also offer incentives for current consultants to refer others to join the team.

What resources are available to help me maximize consultant sign-ups?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources, such as training materials, mentorship programs, and online support groups, to help consultants excel in recruiting and growing their team. Additionally, attending company events and conferences can provide valuable tips and strategies from experienced consultants and company leaders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
Replies