• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do Handle a Consultant Complaint?

In summary, a consultant is being complained about and the Director the client is complaining about is the same Director the client signed under. The consultant is being accused of a number of bad things and the Director is trying to apologize and provide a good experience.
evk1972
How do you handle it when a host or a guest complains about a past consultant? And the consultant they are complaining about is the Director you signed under?

My Director has really burned bridges in our area. I was doing a host coaching the other day and they host started to complain about this other consultant she had. She was telling me how she was 45 minutes for her show, the consultant took a week to return telephone calls, and held their checks for 3 months before they cashed them. Then the host went on to tell me that her friend booked a show for this week and this consultant did not even drop off catalogs, order forms OR invitations!!!

I simply apologized to the host for the the experience and assured her I was here to make her party a success and help her get all the free & discounted products that were on her wish list.

Yikes! Was there something else I could do??

Yikes! That's pretty rough, complaints about a director.
Usually I get complaints that they were told everything has a lifetime guarantee. Which I reply, it must have been a new consultant that didn't go through the training like they're supposed to do. That wouldn't fly for a director!I think all you can do is apologize like you did.

All you can do is tell them that you are sorry that they were unhappy with the previous consultant and that you hope they will be more satisfied with your customer service. ;)

Yep - exactly! there really is nothing else you can do. Also, I would NOT mention it even to your director. Sorry but you do not want to get into the middle of something you did not cause.

There are 2 main clusters in my town... since being a consultant I have gotten nothing but complaints about a director in the other cluster. Several years back I had done a show with this consultant and I'm pretty sure she hosed me too. The complaints range from cheating out of host benefits to poor customer service to arriving in sweat pants covered in dog hair and food being covered in dog hair and committing to events and never showing up. Just to name a few. This person has essentially given a lot of people a bad taste in their mouth about PC which is really sad. It amazes me that she can still keep her business running.

All you can do, like everyone else has said, is apologize and give her the best darn PC experience you can! And don't get involved because this person will end up sabotaging herself and her business in the long run.

I run into this frequently. My Tuesday night show the host complained about another consultant. I said, "I'm so sorry. I hope you will be completely satisfied with my way of doing business."

1. How do I handle a consultant complaint?

The first step in handling a consultant complaint is to listen to the complaint and try to understand the issue. Then, apologize for any inconvenience caused and offer a solution or resolution to the complaint. It is important to remain calm and professional throughout the process.

2. What should I do if a consultant is unhappy with their commission or payments?

If a consultant is unhappy with their commission or payments, it is important to review their contract and commission structure to ensure there are no misunderstandings. Then, have an open and honest conversation with the consultant to address their concerns and come to a resolution. If necessary, involve a higher-up manager or the company's HR department.

3. How do I handle a consultant complaint about a product or order?

If a consultant receives a complaint about a product or order, it is important to address the issue promptly. Offer to replace the product or provide a refund, and ensure the consultant knows the proper steps to take for future orders. It is also important to document the complaint and follow up with the consultant to ensure their satisfaction.

4. What should I do if a consultant is dissatisfied with their team or team leader?

If a consultant is unhappy with their team or team leader, it is important to listen to their concerns and address any issues they may have. Offer support and resources to help improve the situation, and encourage open communication between the consultant and their team leader. If necessary, involve a higher-up manager or the company's HR department.

5. How do I handle a consultant complaint about company policies or procedures?

If a consultant has a complaint about company policies or procedures, it is important to listen to their concerns and explain the reasoning behind the policies. If the complaint is valid, consider making changes to improve the policies or procedures. It is also important to communicate any changes to the consultant and provide them with any necessary training or resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies