• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right...

The consultant told the host that she would get double the free items, but only if the party was booked by the end of the month. The host has no guest bonus info, no outside order stuff. And just got a copy of the host benefits and is really upset that what the consultant said, is not true. I looked. Over all it is not true. It is but only at the $500 level. I gave Heidi the Guest special info. Oh and the consultant did not send the entire Host flier! Only the numbers from the grid. This host had no idea that a 60% off product was involved or anything else!Heidi just got her invite yesterday, and the party is this Thursday. The consultant told this
pampered1224
Silver Member
I got a phone call from a friend. She has a PC party to go to on Thursday. The host, is at her wits end! It seems her consultant is well, not very good.
1) Heidi just got her invite yesterday. The party is this Thursday.
2) The consultant told this host that she will get double the free items
Never mentioned that the extra kicks in at the $500 mark
3) The host has no guest bonus info, no outside order stuff. And just got a
copy of the host benefits and is really upset that what the consultant
said, is not true. I looked. Over all it is not true. It is but only at the $500
level. I gave Heidi the Guest special info. Oh and the consultant did not
send the entire Host flier! Only the numbers from the grid. This host had no
idea that a 60% off product was involved or anything else!
4) She has no idea what she needs to buy, they have not discussed food at
all.
5) She does not want to do the party with this consultant. She feels lied to and cheated out of a really good party and getting extra orders because she has no outside order stuff. Her consultant is pushing her too to close before month end. She will not have time to get a lot of outside orders after the party to make the $500 mark. She has done PC parties before and has asked repeatedly for this info. Heidi basically asked me to do it instead. I could if I really needed to or felt a need to make PC look better to this lady. School is my only issue and I told Heidi that. She understood.
I gave Heidi this advice. I told her to tell her host to call everyone. Make sure they all know about the party. Tell them how excited she is to be having this party and how great it will be to see everyone. What I did not tell her is that this a psychological trick to make her feel excited about it too no matter what the circumstances are. She also told me her friend is very apprehensive about the party itself. She feels that if this lady can not coordinate with her, how is she going to do a demo that is any good? I told Heidi that since she is an avid PC fan, have some facts of your own about products you own handy on the brain in case. She said she understood what I was saying. Keep it going if the consultant can't. She kinda did not want to do that because she feels if this lady isn't any good, she does not want to make it seem like she is. I said you are not doing this for the consultant. You are doing it for your friend. She said, that I can do. I said good. I also said, and I did mean it, if this host feels like she needs to cancel that party she should. And I left it at that. I did not volunteer to do it later. I did not cave and tell Heidi I would do the Thursday date. I really can't so... I also think Heidi got the hint too that if anyone books, they can do that party with me and the host will get the 60% off bonus as it follows the host and not the consultant as I referenced that when Heidi told me she thought the past host got nothing form the booking. I explained how it worked. She never got bookings from her parties that held so she had no idea. I just have this awful feeling I should have said I would do it. I hope I was not wrong in letting it work itself out and let the consultant fall where she may. Even at the expense of the host.

I think you did the right thing. No matter how bad the other consultant may SEEM at this point, she may do a good show. But what you told Heidi sounds like good advice. And we all know (or at least anyone who's listened to Tammy Stanley and others about booking close and making it work)- she can treat the invites as if she just scheduled the show. Phone calls will help immensely. The only other thing maybe could be to email a copy of the Outside Order form to Heidi to give to her friend so she CAN get those orders (hopefully she has a catalog or two!). At the least, guests can browse the catalog online at PC's regular site, and then just write their items on the OOF. It doesn't cost you anything, doesn't have your name on it, and it will give the Host at least a fighting chance at reaching her sales goals.

You did a great job in helping your friend's friend, John. And you are making a name for yourself as an ethical, nice guy. They will remember that and it will come around to reward you. Kudos!

That makes me feel better. My head told me that it was the right thing to do. Basically stay out of it but no issue coaching from the back round. My heart felt really bad though and wanted to rescue her friend. I know Heidi does not have e-mail but I can call her to see if her friend has an address. I did not think of that yesterday. Thanks for the OK, you did it right. Sometimes I think I should be the one to jump in and help. And yes, I know I can't save everyone! Especially since I can barely save myself these days!

I also think you handled it well. Hopefully things go okay for your friend & the host's benefit. And if not, hopefully you'll get some future business from them because you showed concern & thoughtfulness in helping her & being professional.The consultant might not have been on top of her game for various reasons and perhaps she'll be great at the party and afterwards. She also might just be a disorganized mess and not well trained and a terrible consultant, but you just never know. It's good to encourage people to follow through with their commitments and make the best of a terrible situation. And now they know they should go to you next time. ;) :D

kudos to you John! I think you handled it quite well.

You did handle it well...however, you made no mention that I noticed about how long the host has had the catalogs....in MY experience, even though I do email my hosts the outside order forms, they SELDOM use them, and end up giving me copies of orders on regular paper- that works for me! So, I really can't buy the fact that the host has "not been able to get outside orders" because she doesn't have the actual form. IF she just got catalogs a day or two ago, of course that's a different story.

Yes, she should have told the host about the $500 limit for the more free prod. Maybe most of this hosts shows are OVER $500 usually and she didn't really worry about her not hitting it. If her show is UNDER the limit, then the host needs to let the consultant know that she was not aware of the terms of the special. (OR, maybe this consultant is going to give her more free prod no matter what level she hits- you just don't know)

I"m not saying that her host coaching right now is below par, but I"m just playing the devils advocate as a consultant. Is the host hard to get in touch with? Does she use or check email? Has the host tried to convey her thoughts to the consultant in any way? I have a show tonight with a host who I have not physically spoken to since we booked her date a month ago! I got in touch w/ her last night finally after not even knowing if we were going ahead w/ the party. I emailed her the ingredient list, catalogs, etc and have tried repeatedly to contact her via email and phone, finally I ended up texting her! She called right back telling me that her VM was screwed up and she rarely checked email! So please, don't condemn a consultant who may have good intentions. I hope a good show comes out of all this, please follow up and let us know how it all turns out!

pampered1224 said:
... Keep it going if the consultant can't... you are not doing this for the consultant. You are doing it for your friend. She said, that I can do.....

This was great advice! Well done!

She has nothing including catalogs at this point. Yes, I know! I could not believe it either but Heidi swore the lady never got any type of packet. That is also why she has no Guest special, no host special and no oofs and no idea what the heck is going to happen. I also know that the consultant had not returned any, but one, of the phone calls from the host as of yesterday. And I forgot to mention this, but the consultant did call back that one time over a week ago but never tried again after the host called her back. I left a message a little bit ago for Heidi so I hope she gets back to me.

If she truly has not heard from this consultant nor received a host packet, how does she know that the party is still on? She should do what we do when we don't hear from a host, but in reverse. She can say "Hi Suzy Consultant this is Mary and we have a party schedued for Thursday. I have not heard from you about this party and would like to know if you are planning on coming. I need catalogs, order forms and an ingredient list. I will need to hear from you by Tomorrow at 5 pm otherwise, I will find another consultant. I look forward to hearing from you"

If she does not hear back from said consultant then recruit Heidi and let Heidi do the party as a consultant. It sounds like she is more than capable.

cookingwithlove said:
If she truly has not heard from this consultant nor received a host packet, how does she know that the party is still on? She should do what we do when we don't hear from a host, but in reverse. She can say "Hi Suzy Consultant this is Mary and we have a party schedued for Thursday. I have not heard from you about this party and would like to know if you are planning on coming. I need catalogs, order forms and an ingredient list. I will need to hear from you by Tomorrow at 5 pm otherwise, I will find another consultant. I look forward to hearing from you"

If she does not hear back from said consultant then recruit Heidi and let Heidi do the party as a consultant. It sounds like she is more than capable.

No matter what happens with this party, recruit Heidi.

BethCooks4U said:
No matter what happens with this party, recruit Heidi.

I agreee!
With the show being only 3 days away, and no word from the consultant, I would have no choice as a host but to cancel the party. Since she has done NOTHING (not even sent catalogs or return a call?) I wonder what's going on??

On the other hand....it's our own personal business we are operating and consultants deal in different ways. That is also why I disagree with recruiting anyone we meet. Some people are just not cut out for this and by having consultant who are not up to par makes PC look bad and makes it hard for other consultants to get bookings. Just my opinion!

Sounds like you handled it well.

I still have not heard from Heidi, and no, she will not consult. Believe me I have been trying for over 4 years! I am not calling her either. I am going to wait until Sunday night. I have to call her about something else anyway so... I decided to stay out of it since I can not, even in this circumstance, take a show away from another consultant. So I do not know if the consultant ever did contact the host. and I never thought to have Heidi tell the host to call the consultant in that manner! I told her she needs to call her again but I never thought about turning it around like that! Oh man, that may have been a mistake! And the host booked this party from a friend on a catalog party so she has never met this particular consultant. Crud! I am really worried. I may have to call tomorrow again!

Last edited:
John, keep after Heidi. I was a solid and emphatic NO for 10 years, then I got mad at work and wasn't finding another job to replace the income I would lose if I quit.

I got my monthly newsletter from my director and the enticement of getting my kit money back if I qualified in 30 days was too tempting. Also, my husband had recently sold his business and we wanted to keep a business in the house for tax purposes. Eventually, the timing may be right and you want to be the one to "reel her in."

The cool part about that is that I never let her forget that if the time is right, I am here. I caved a bit and I did call her again. No answer so I am hoping before 10:30 tonight, I might hear from her about the party.

Oh wow this is an exciting story and I can't wait to hear more!!! Please update us when you know what happened.

I think it would be great if the show doesn't hold, and your friend's friend has you do a show for her. You deserve the business!!!

Well, it is Thursday a.m. and nothing from Heidi last night. So we will see.

What is "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..."?

"Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." is a product offered by Pampered Chef that includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets to help you easily prepare and serve delicious meals.

What is included in the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set?

The "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set includes a stainless steel mixing bowl, a silicone mixing spatula, a multi-purpose slicer, a pizza wheel, and a citrus press.

Is the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the items in the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Can I purchase individual items from the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set?

Unfortunately, the items in the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set are only available as a set and cannot be purchased individually.

What are the benefits of using the "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set?

The "Oh Boy - I Hope I Handled This Right..." set is designed to make meal preparation and serving easier and more efficient. The tools included in the set are high-quality and durable, making them a valuable addition to any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dollfangs
  • evk1972