• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Handle Customer Returns?

In summary, customers can return an item for 30 days if it is within the first 30 days of the purchase, and if there is a problem with the item, the customer has to send it back. If the customer does not send the item back, the company will pay for shipping.
chezshelly
Gold Member
I was curious how other Consultants handle returns. I know the company will pay to have the item shipped back to them if it is in the first 30 days. What I am asking about is when there is a damaged item (stoneware, bakeware, cookware) do you ship it back for them? I never have because it can get so costly, but I had a Consultant with another company at a party inform me that that was part of my "job". She couldn't believe that I wasn't going to send back a 9X13 metal baking pan for a customer. I told her that I would call and get the reference number and the customer would have to send it back because if I did that for every return it would cost me a small fortune in shipping charges. Any thoughts on this???

What in the world makes that your "job"? If you do it, it's out of courtesy to your customer. Not doing it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong.

My, that was rude. Let her check out her own company's policy where they charge shipping for each item.

I don't send back for them unless a) they're family b) they're a close friend and I'm feeling generous or c) I have other returns to send.

When sending multiple returns, I package each item separately and write the reference number on EACH ITEM and enclose a letter. This method has never failed me.

I won't even get a reference number for an item I didn't sell. Too many questions.

Pampered Chef has a toll free number customers can call until 11 pm at night for returns/adjustments, etc. I give the customer the number. At the start of my businesss I use to handle it all for the customer but found I was playing "phone tag" most of the time. I also point out the toll free number on the back of their sales receipt at check out. We have awesome customer service staff at home office; I say utilize them! I sell PC part time while working a FT job so my phone time is limited. Do what is best for your business because it might not be the same for someone else.

Hi there! Thank you for bringing up this topic. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can understand your concerns about handling returns. While the company does offer a 30-day return policy, it can be costly for us as consultants to cover the shipping costs for damaged items. In my experience, I have found that it is more efficient to have the customer contact the company directly to process the return and have them handle the shipping. This way, we can avoid any additional expenses and ensure that the customer receives a replacement product as soon as possible. Of course, every consultant may have their own approach to handling returns, but this is what has worked best for me. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. How Do I Initiate a Return?

To initiate a return, simply contact our customer service team via phone or email and provide your order number and reason for the return. They will guide you through the process and provide you with a return shipping label if necessary.

2. Can I Return an Item if I've Used it?

Yes, you can still return an item even if you have used it. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and want our customers to be completely happy with their purchases. However, please note that used items may be subject to a restocking fee.

3. How Long Do I Have to Return an Item?

You have up to 30 days from the date of purchase to initiate a return. After 30 days, we are unable to accept returns. Please make sure to contact us as soon as possible if you need to return an item.

4. What if I Received a Damaged or Defective Item?

If you received a damaged or defective item, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will provide a replacement or refund for the item, and may also cover return shipping costs.

5. Can I Return an Item to a Pampered Chef Consultant?

Yes, you can return an item to a Pampered Chef consultant as long as the item is still within the 30-day return window. The consultant will then process the return for you and provide you with a refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • c00p
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • Brenda Rutko